main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

New FanForce Project!!

Discussion in 'Archive: Boston, MA' started by TK7771, Oct 25, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TK7771

TK7771 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 22, 2001
    Big_Daddy_Payne The CR for Pittsburgh posted this in the CR forum.I know some of you like to dabble in FanFics,so I thought I'd show it you and hope some of you will get involved.I'll just paste what he said:

Hey everyone!

I just posted on the Pittsburgh board about this, I am trying to do a project called "Star Wars: Tales From The JC Forums"

Essentially, this is a collection of fanfiction from some of the best authors in the JC. There are a few guidelines I would want us to follow, but all in all, I think this would be a fun, exciting project that could really bring more notice to us as a whole. My ideal scenario would be for us to present the finished project to Rick McCallum or someone similar at Celebration 3.

Here are the guidelines:

1. Stories can be about anyone, but they MUST in some way involve a character from one of the films or the EU. For instance, you can make up a character to tell a story about, but IN that story, an established character must play at least a fairly big role.

2. These stories must be something that could legitimately happen. For instance, if you want to write about, say, what you picture Luke and Mara's first date to have been like, cool. But no stories about Lando hooking up with Mon Mothma. Cuz really. So essentially, if your story could take place in the films or EU in a way that doesnt screw with established continuity, go for it.

3. Authors may write as many stories as they want. For instance, I could write 5 stories for it, but only ONE story per character. So, I could write 11 stories, but only ONE could focus on Darth Vader. Each story that makes it to the final book will deal with a different character. If three authors write a story about the same character, only one of the three stories will make it.

I really would like you all to post this on your city's boards, even if you yourself are not interested, because I think this could be a WONDERFUL project, and a way to bring our different FF's together.

Any questions, please, feel free to PM or e-mail me, and I will be glad to answer any questions or concerns you may have about the project.

If anyone wants in on this,I suggest PMing Big_Daddy_Payne and let him know.

2. idarii

idarii Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 25, 2002
    this sounds fun :) if only any of my already existing fanfic didn't center entirely on original characters....

but something along the lines of the whole first date idea is intriguing, maybe i'll think something up. i think it sounds way cool...

3. Pellaeon69187

Pellaeon69187 Jedi Master star 5

Dec 28, 2000
    Sounds like fun.

4. Sebulba2179

Sebulba2179 Jedi Master star 4

Feb 5, 2002
    Yeah, but none of my fanfics fit... :( They all focus on the same characters, and they all follow the same alternate-universe storyline. Doubt I'd be good at writing anything else.

5. idarii

idarii Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 25, 2002
    i was wondering..are spoofs/humorous campy stuff allowed? i came up with a fantastic idea yesterday

6. TK7771

TK7771 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 22, 2001
    I have no idea Carrie.Your best bet for answers is to PM Big_Daddy_Payne.Its his project,I'm just passing on the info.

7. Pellaeon69187

Pellaeon69187 Jedi Master star 5

Dec 28, 2000
    Am I sensing a trend of Fanforce projects? :D

8. Grand Admiral Reese

Grand Admiral Reese Jedi Knight star 6

Sep 1, 1999
    Sounds like fun. I'm getting better at writing, maybe I'll write and submit something.

9. kowikan_monkey

kowikan_monkey Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 2, 2001
    Yeah, this would be cool. Hmmmmmm.........who to write about.......

10. TIEace

TIEace Jedi Knight star 5

Nov 27, 2000
    This will provide the drive I need!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.