main
side
curve
  1. Welcome, Guest

Upcoming events:

Star Wars: Andor - Disney + - 21st September

2. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

FF:NSW New Movies thread!!

Discussion in 'Oceania Discussion Boards' started by mauls-menace, Jun 26, 2002.

1. Scoot

Scoot Jedi Master star 4

Dec 30, 2002

Grug!

I saw Knowing on Thursday. I still can't put my finger on that movie, but had some pretty horrific and realistic disasters!

2. Ki-Bara-Mundi

Ki-Bara-Mundi Jedi Master star 6

Nov 27, 2000
    Looking forward to Year One. There's a great clip here where the two main characters meet Cain & Abel (played by Paul Rudd & David Cross).

3. The_Scream_Man

The_Scream_Man Jedi Knight star 5

May 1, 2000
    STAR TREK

That movie was AWESOME!

Was it cheesy? Sure, but in a fun way! The actors were having a ball with it, it had energy it had a fast pace. The acting is all great, the dialogue is fun....i just loved it!

Plus, ladies will fall all over themselves for Kirk or the doctor. i know a couple who have fallen for both!

It's just.... It was FUN! Rememebr when things were just FUN? Star Wars got bogged down tryign to be this THING, this franchise that it forgot that it was a fun adventure film. Abramms clearly did not forget this!

Ill be seeing it again Saturday!

4. Scoot

Scoot Jedi Master star 4

Dec 30, 2002
    Fun is exactly the word I'm using to describe this. This was a dam fun film. I haven't walked out grinning ear to ear like that in a long, long time. I'll hopefully catch it again this weekend. Can't stress this enough folks. Go in with an empty mind, and prepare for a fun space adventure.

5. The_Scream_Man

The_Scream_Man Jedi Knight star 5

May 1, 2000
    I dont even think u need an empty mind, its not a DUMB movie by any means. i mean its not deep and philosophical, but its not full of plot holes and stupid characters either.

6. Scoot

Scoot Jedi Master star 4

Dec 30, 2002
    Sadly, there are many people out there who won't see the movie based on title alone, hence an open mind!

7. Ki-Bara-Mundi

Nov 27, 2000
    I feel dirty saying it but... I saw Star Trek. Never seen one of the series before, but the cast choices and the idea that it was a JJ Abramms picture suckered me into giving it a chance. And the fact of the matter is... it wasn't terrible.

Sure, it had all the jargon that I disliked, and a plot hole that I couldn't get my head around (a drop of "red matter" sucks up a whole planet, and then a whole tank of it only sucks up a ship?), but it was a quality production - excellent use of practical sets, minimal noticeable CG enhancements, and believable performances all really sold the "reality" of it all (something the prequels would have benefited from).

Okay, that's enough of my confession. Please don't think differently of me, I only watched it out of curiosity. :p

8. Shadowfire

Shadowfire Jedi Master star 4

Jul 14, 1998
    Get out the torches and pitchforks foks, it's time for a lynchin'.

9. Scoot

Scoot Jedi Master star 4

Dec 30, 2002
    Considering it's not getting a Theatrical release in Sydney...... has anybody seen Fanboys yet?

10. Rebel_Padawan

Rebel_Padawan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 11, 2003
    Through less honourable means... yes I have. I enjoyed it and will definitely track down the dvd in due time.

11. Scoot

Scoot Jedi Master star 4

Dec 30, 2002
    Yeah I caught it on the weekend - I loved the second half of it, I felt the first half was a bit poor - but absolutly loved the second half! I'd love to see the original cut!

12. Rebel_Padawan

Apr 11, 2003
    So where did you see it?

13. Scoot

Scoot Jedi Master star 4

Dec 30, 2002

14. Rebel_Padawan

Apr 11, 2003
    I thought you were implying that you seen it at a cinema, just not in Sydney... perhaps not then

After seeing Star Trek on the IMAX I am thinking that Transformers 2 is an absolute must on the huge screen, it's going to be fantastic!

15. Scoot

Scoot Jedi Master star 4

Dec 30, 2002
    Talking about Fanboys...

A mate just let me know that Dendy Newtown will be screening the film from June 25th. Dammit.

16. Scoot

Scoot Jedi Master star 4

Dec 30, 2002
    DRAG ME TO AWESOME

17. Scoot

Scoot Jedi Master star 4

Dec 30, 2002

18. Kartanym

Kartanym Jedi Knight star 6

May 23, 2002
    CORALINE ... ... ... uh ... AWESOME!

19. Rebel_Padawan

Apr 11, 2003
    G.I.JOE, so bad it's AWESOME!

20. Shadowfire

Shadowfire Jedi Master star 4

Jul 14, 1998
    District 9: Damn good film.

21. Scoot

Scoot Jedi Master star 4

Dec 30, 2002
    Yet to see Coraline, but GI:JOE was massively fun - much better than Transformers, and District 9 as I mentioned before, was absolutley awesome.

EVERYTHING IS AWESOME.

22. Kartanym

Kartanym Jedi Knight star 6

May 23, 2002
    I can't say I'm interested in GI, I'm a little over popcorn flicks after so many stupid ones (Star Trek the obvious exception).

I have to agree on District 9. All kinds of AWESOME!

23. Ki-Bara-Mundi

Nov 27, 2000
    Another satisfied District 9 customer right here. That film was pretty frickin' flawless, I can't think of any aspect of it that I was disappointed with or felt could have been done better.

My only concern, I guess, is how limited the audience for the movie would be because it's not a Hollywood movie and there are no big names attached to it (besides Peter Jackson). There are so many topical themes dealt with, and I'd want a wider audience to see this film.

24. Rebel_Padawan

Apr 11, 2003
  25. Tyi-Maet_Nefer

Tyi-Maet_Nefer Jedi Master star 6

Jun 17, 2005
    Let me add one more voice: District 9 was awesome. Who's Sharlto Copley? He did a fine, fine job. And I think I read that it's literally his second acting gig he's done? Crazy.