main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Provo New on the Provo Boards...

Discussion in 'SouthWest Region Discussion' started by jedimotion, Nov 7, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jedimotion

jedimotion Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 12, 2002
    Hello all. Long time watcher, first time poster. Actually, I have been a member of TFN for a couple of years, but I have changed screen names, and I spend my time in the EP III boards...well, I am excited to talk to locals.
    Yup, I live in Provo, near campus, not a BYU student though. My 4 year old son thinks he is Anakin.

2. Corrin_Wyndryder

Corrin_Wyndryder Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 17, 2001
    Welcome to the fold.

We will, of course, have to "initiate" you before you can be a full Provo Board Member.

I remember my initiation like it was yesterday. They put me in a Stormtrooper costume and pelted me with paint balls from all directions. Luke wasn't kidding when he said "I can't see a thing in this helmit."
    After that I was beaten with plastic lightsabers and left in the South Utah Desert to die of sunstroke. I guess that was my "Tatooine" part of the initiation. After I cralled back on my belly all the way back to Spanish Fork, I was picked up by the local Fan Force and forced into a long "discussion" (and by discussion, I mean interrogation) of Star Wars terms and EU information. Either they decided I wasn't a threat or that I knew too much, but either way, I became a full fledged member.

BTW, if you couldn't tell I was kidding by now... ;)

3. Jayce

Jayce Jedi Youngling

Oct 8, 2001
    You were kidding? I thought you were just relating my experiences from the Goblin Valley expedition of last year..

4. Handyman

Handyman Jedi Padawan star 4

May 19, 2000
    Welcome jedimotion! :D

It's always good to meet new people!

5. navaren

navaren Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 9, 2001
    Welcome to the group, Matt.

6. Tori_Dakk

Tori_Dakk Jedi Youngling star 2

May 3, 2002
    Hi ya! Welcome welcome!

7. andakin

andakin Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 8, 2000
    Hey, welcome to the Boards, Jedimotion!

8. Handyman

Handyman Jedi Padawan star 4

May 19, 2000
    Jayce wrote...
    >You were kidding? I thought you were just relating my experiences from the Goblin Valley expedition of last year..

If any of you want to see what Jayce is talking about, you can check it out HERE. (Quicktime required)

Jayce is the one on the right. Oh, in reality it was dirtclods that we were throwing, not paintballs. ;)

It was a BLAST! :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.