main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

New possible rule for NS -- discussion!!

Discussion in 'Archive: Revenge of the Sith (Non-Spoilers)' started by Mr. P, Jun 28, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NiktosRule

NiktosRule Jedi Padawan star 4

May 8, 2001
    I don't think cbjedi should be demoted. I don't know if anyone suggested that or not but he made post saying that if you want him demoted then just tell his superiors. That is unfair. The guy does have a life you know. He can't be on here 24 hours a day and analyze every post word for word for spoilers. You have to be fair about that. He does his best to keep this forum unspoiled. If you find a spoiler that he doesn't see you let him know. You don't just try and get him demoted. He is doing the best he can do.

2. Mace Windy

Mace Windy Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 3, 1999
    I agree, cbjedi is one of the better admins that have gone through these parts lately. He may even be the best one that this forum has had. Just because we are in disagreement today, does not mean we should forget all that he has done for us in the time that he has been our moderator.

:cool: Mace Windy,
    one wind to blow them all!

3. JohnWilliams00

JohnWilliams00 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 29, 2002
    It's understandable that the admins can't be around here every second. I think they are doing a fine job as it is. As for the spoiler a couple days ago, I have a small suggestion. I think we need to make clear WHICH admins to contact. Make a list of the admins (I don't know all the name yet) and say which one to contact in case of spoiler leaks.

When I saw the spoiler, I was fuming mad, but I had no clue who to contact (I'm still pretty new around these parts anyways).

I truly hope it doesn't get any worse, especially with Trailer D plus the combinations of more newbies coming around the corner.

4. EagleIFilms

EagleIFilms Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 6, 2001
    Understand me, CB, I don't want you demoted, but we do need two NS mods.

We used to have 2, now we only have 1.

And it's only going to get worse when the next trailer comes out.

5. Dark Lady Mara

Dark Lady Mara Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 19, 1999
    If you need to PM someone, go to the users online list and look for colored names (but not red or blue letters on transparent background, because generally we're not admins and we can't do anything. cbjedi is an exception to that rule. If you're ever in doubt as to whether a person is an administrator or just a VIP, look at their profile. It will say in bold letters next to their username.)

Some examples of administrators you might find online are cbjedi, Padme Bra, Lord Bane, Commander Antilles, stinrab and Vertical.

6. hew

hew Jedi Master star 4

May 8, 1999
    If you see something that you know is a spoiler or you think is one - don't reply to it and call attention to it. Like Mara said, just look up a mod online and PM them. I do it all the time and I've never had a mod who was unwilling or slow to act. cbjedi can't be on all the time, but there's almost always a mod who is online...

7. C-3P0

C-3P0 Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 20, 2001
    Where is a Users Online List?

I don't see a link anywhere that leads to one.

Under options you can search for a user. Is that what you mean?

Edit: Nevermind, I finally found it. It's only listed on the main JC page.

That link should be in submenus too.

8. Mace Windy

Jul 3, 1999
    Mace Windy for admin!

Ahhh, the good old days.... ;) :p

one wind to blow them all!

9. Jedi knight Pozzi

Jedi knight Pozzi Jedi Grand Master star 6

Apr 2, 2000
    Sounds fine to me. I'll know not to go near it.

10. Mace Windy

Jul 3, 1999
    I'd steer clear as well. Just make sure that you watch it closely, and put a big warning in the thread title....

windier than the signature feature!

11. Vaders_leash

Vaders_leash Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 29, 2001
    Another new possible rule for NS: don't make too much fun of this forum; don't poke fun of the un-spoiled.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.