main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lg.Is, NY New Sci Fi TV shows

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by MasterSifo-Dyas, Aug 12, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MasterSifo-Dyas

MasterSifo-Dyas Jedi Master star 4

Oct 1, 2002
    Hey, Is anyone checking out the new show on ScyFy chanel -- Warehouse 13 ?
    I really like it. I know its a rehash of alot of other Sci Fi shows ideas - but big deal. So much Sci Fi is influenced bu old Sci Fi. This show doesnt hide that fact.
    It's an easy show to digest and its alot of fun and you dont have to follow an arc. Check it out on Tuesdays at 9 PM. --Billy

2. RnRJedi007

RnRJedi007 Jedi Master star 3

Oct 20, 2003
    nope, to busy watching the Yankees win:D

3. TheBothanJedi

TheBothanJedi Jedi Master star 2

May 16, 2004
    I haven't been watching much TV lately, and all of the shows I was watching on the Sci Fi channel are not on the new SyFy channel.

I haven't seen Warehouse 13, but it doesn't look like something I would enjoy. The premise is that these two federal agents track down wierd things and store them away in a Raiders of the Lost Ark style warehouse, right? If that's the case it's probably not my thing.

What I'm looking foward to is the Battlestar Galactica prequel Caprica, quite possibly the first prequel I've ever seen done right based on the direct-to-DVD pilot I've seen.

I have some mixed feelings about Stargate Universe. At first glance it seems to be nothing more than "Stargate blattantly rips-off Battlestar Galactica", but I'm seriously hoping that isn't the case. Stargate has so many directions it could go in without blatantly rehashing the "people stuck on a space ship in the middle of nowhere" theme that Battlestar just got done exploring.

4. MasterSifo-Dyas

MasterSifo-Dyas Jedi Master star 4

Oct 1, 2002
    Yes thts the premise of Warehouse 13 but the items they have to retrieve all have some kind of out of this world power. So the story is about that - not about the warehouse. --Billy

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.