main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Gd Rapids, MI New to Costuming..i Wanna Get Invoved!

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by mattkenagelus, Oct 17, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mattkenagelus

mattkenagelus Jedi Youngling

Oct 17, 2006
    All,

I am working on a "cannon" Jedi Costume right now. I am about 75% complete. I am looking to get into costuming and shows and all that cool stuff. Especially the stuff at the 5/3 ballpark and the the Griffins and stuff like that. What origanization is best to join and what is the best way to start getting involved?

Thanks for your help and I look forward to reading your responses.

Matt

2. LeiaSkywalker4

LeiaSkywalker4 Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 15, 2005
    Welcome mattkenagelus. You can get involved in the charity events through here. The charity events are organized through the 501st which is the bad guys costuming club if you didn't know that. The 501st/Rebel Legion/GRFanForce are all involved in the charity events we do in the area. The GRFF also gets invited to do events on the east side of the state also. We are having a meeting on Sunday the 22nd at 1:00pm at the Rivertown Crossings if you can make it.

3. mattkenagelus

Oct 17, 2006
    Thank you for the info.

I cannot make it to the meeting, I have a cub scout thing that day. So I just keep watching here and such? Like the Griffin thing on December 2nd? Does it help to join Rebel Scum or not? I know the 501st is HUGE and they organize the events and ask for help from "the good guys" when an event is happening?

Thanks and I look forward to coming and helping at my first event!!!!!

4. TX0338

TX0338 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 18, 2005
    Hey Matt,

Join the "side" that fits you best. The Empire can always use some Rebels to chase after during events... lol Unless an event is an official LucasFilm event any Star Wars costumer is welcome with us. Though we do stick to the semi-strict costume requirements for either club. We like to keep the quality of our appearances rather high.

If you need help with your costume let us know.

Later,
    TX-338... Donavon L

(Better Red Than Dead)

5. mattkenagelus

Oct 17, 2006
    Actually, it is coming along quite nice. I think I met you when ROTS came out, you were the Red Storm Trooper...my son was in awe cuz you let him put on your helmet. Right now I have a pretty good Jedi costume going (if I do say so myself!).

I will get some pictures and post them.

Thanks for the help!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.