main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Read, PA New to the Area

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by JasterM, Sep 3, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JasterM

JasterM Jedi Youngling

Sep 3, 2003
    Hello everyone, I just transferred to Kutztown from PSU/Hazleton, and was pleasantly surprised to find a FanForce sector right here in the area. I was just curious as to how I can become active in the community, and I'm excited to be in an area where people actually know of Star Wars, but also like it.

2. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    Welcome aboard, JasterM! :D

It's easy to participate in the Fan Force. Basically, all you have to do is post here and meet other fans in the area. Also, about every month (we've been slacking in this) we hold a meeting where we go out to eat together, go to a movie, or just go out to have fun and discuss things pertaining to our chapter. If you have any other questions, feel free to PM me. :)

A KU student? Awesome! Wesmin and I are also students. (heck, I'm typing this up in-between class right now) If you want to get together sometime, just let me know. :)

3. JasterM

JasterM Jedi Youngling

Sep 3, 2003
    That'd definitely be cool. Trust me, my friends are bored to death about my various theories of Star Wars, and they never go to Walmart with me anymore because they know I head straight for the action figures(I don't know why though, there's never anything!).

4. jedimasterbryan

jedimasterbryan Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 14, 2002
    Welcom JasterM its nice to see a fellow kutztown resident here that makes 4 of us, though i'm not going to the college(i'm a senior in high school) I hope you enjoy the fan force and i look forward to seeing you at a meeting

5. JasterM

JasterM Jedi Youngling

Sep 3, 2003
    lol, the only problem is, I know where Main St is, the college and Feed and Read. Good thing I live on campus or I'd never make it to class. I just wish Beck Hall didn't look so much like a prison...inside and out.

6. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    LOL!! Heading straight for the figure section sounds familiar. It's been a pain lately, though...Wal-Mart hasn't been carrying the new waves.

You're in Beck Hall? I think I know where that is...I'm in Berks. Like I said, if you ever want to get together, just let me know. :)

7. JasterM

JasterM Jedi Youngling

Sep 3, 2003
    Yeah, Beck Hall is almost directly across the DMZ from Berks.

Wal-mart is indeed sucking of late. I fear I have to order them online at higher prices, but I'm going to hold out a few more weeks.

8. Wesmin7

Wesmin7 Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 29, 2001
    I'm in Bonner btw.

9. Crazed_Ewok

Crazed_Ewok Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 31, 2002
    Hey, sorry it took me so long...I haven't been on lately.

Welcome! :D Hehe, I'm the only one in the FF who lives in Reading at the moment, aren't I? :p

Hmm...DMZ? The only thing that I know that it stands for is something with my router :p

10. HanSolo29

Apr 13, 2001
    The DMZ is the big grassy noll that is between the dorms. It also has a fountain.

11. JasterM

JasterM Jedi Youngling

Sep 3, 2003
    It might interest you all to know that it's called the DMZ because in the 1960's, the dorms were not coed, and the men were in halls on one side of the DMZ, and the women on the other. It's called the DMZ because it's the only place both sides could meet according to school policy(demilitarized zone). No? Okay...it was pretty boring...

12. HanSolo29

Apr 13, 2001
    Yea, someone told me that...but, I forgot. :p

13. Wesmin7

Wesmin7 Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 29, 2001
    I think it's an interesting point, I found that out a few weeks ago, but I still find it moderatally interesting. Are the 3 of us on campus maybe going to meet sometime, or maybe the 4 of us in Kutztown, it SHOULD be ez... we're all within walking distance of each other...

14. JasterM

JasterM Jedi Youngling

Sep 3, 2003
    I think it'd be sweet to meet you guys. Maybe we could meet somewhere with a big screen tv(some sort of common room we can steal for a night) and watch a SW movie or two or three or five?

15. HanSolo29

Apr 13, 2001
    Glad to hear it. I have all five movies with me, so that shouldn't be a problem. Do you have an particular time and place you would like to meet?

16. JasterM

JasterM Jedi Youngling

Sep 3, 2003
    I have no class Friday, so that, the weekend, Thursday night, I'm pretty wide open. *narrows eyes* are they the original copies, or the special editions? Speaking of, what does everyone think of the SE? I personally thought it took away more than it added, so I'm not too fond of them. Anyone else feel the same?

17. HanSolo29

Apr 13, 2001
    Thursday night after 9pm would be good for me since I have class until 8:50. Friday I'm pretty much free after 12:50. So, anywhere within those time frames would be good.

I only brought the SEs with since I didn't trust bringing my originals up here. I cherish them and I'm paranoid that someone would take them or something bad would happen to them.

Personally, I enjoy the originals a lot more than the SEs. Some of the changes that were made were totally uneccessary (Greedo shooting first, CGI Jabba, Luke's girly scream at Cloud City, Vader's "Alert my Star Destroyer..." line and that entire sequence of him arriving on the Executor). But, then again, the other changes don't bother me. I still cherish my originals, though. ;)

18. JasterM

JasterM Jedi Youngling

Sep 3, 2003
    I think the bulk of my hatred stems from the head added to the Sarlacc Pit. If anyone has read Boba Fett's story, they'll know Fett actually survives the Sarlacc, if not wounded. However, when you see him fall through the head(yes, I know, it looks cheesy as well, doesn't it?) it makes it much harder to believe Fett comes back out.

19. HanSolo29

Apr 13, 2001
    Actually, I think that is why GL changed it. I remember him saying somewhere that Fett actually did die and that is why he added the beak and had the burp in there to ensure audiences that he is truely dead.

Which leads me onto something else...then why was his return approved in the EU? It doesn't make sense, if you think about it.

20. JasterM

JasterM Jedi Youngling

Sep 3, 2003
    That's exactly what I say. Everything written in novel form has been approved by LucasFilm, and therefore can and should be considered canon, making the head on the Sarlacc horse plop.

21. HanSolo29

Apr 13, 2001
    Right...sometimes I just don't understand what's going on in Lucas' head. :p

What do you think of the added scenes and the new song added to the end of ROTJ?

22. JasterM

JasterM Jedi Youngling

Sep 3, 2003
    I liked the added scenes around Coruscant and what not, but the new song is crap.

23. Crazed_Ewok

Aug 31, 2002
    Which leads me onto something else...then why was his return approved in the EU? It doesn't make sense, if you think about it.

It makes perfect sense...he's Boba Fett...if you read the story about him, he activated a detonator or something in the Sarlaac...it killed the Sarlaac, but vaporized Boba Fett's armor (which prevented him from actually dieing, probably) and left him half dead near the pit until Dengar saved him...if something in the CT challenged the EU story, (Like them showing the Sarlaac chewing and biting Fett) I would definatly consider the CT canon...but it doesn't...it just showed him getting swallowed by the Sarlaac

Actually, I think that is why GL changed it. I remember him saying somewhere that Fett actually did die and that is why he added the beak and had the burp in there to ensure audiences that he is truely dead.
    What about the 'slowly digested over a thousand years' line? Why would Jabba go through all that trouble with Luke, Han and co. if it was gonna be an instanteous death rather than a long and painful one?

24. JasterM

JasterM Jedi Youngling

Sep 3, 2003
    He actually just fired his rocket pack to get out, and with the head in the way...I mean, it's definitely believeable, but it's less believeable than before.

25. Crazed_Ewok

Aug 31, 2002
    I just re-read the Dengar story thing...at the end he found Fett and Fett said that he had activated some kind of bomb or something...it's possible it might have had a different story in The Tale of Boba Fett (haven't read that for awhile longer) due to miscommunication with the authors, but I'm not sure

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.