main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

~Newbie Adoptions - incl. Training Prog.- UPD.: 12/25- Adopt: Mara, Bklyn, Plysion and more

Discussion in 'Welcome New Users' started by Skiara , Dec 10, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Skiara

Skiara ~• RSA FFC •~ star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 5, 2002
    Bkly, have you taken a look at the first page? Is there any oldbie that might be interesting for you? :)

2. Shira_French_Cheese

Shira_French_Cheese Jedi Knight star 1

Oct 20, 2010
    This seems like a good way to get started so I would like to volunteer for adoption.

My interests lies mostly in EU literature and the video games to extent. I have read only a couple book and comics, Tales of the Jedi, Lost Tribe of the Sith, most of the Clone Wars novels, Truce at Bakura, and the Courtship of Princess Leia. My knowledge about everything else is limited but I'd like to learn more about it. Joining the EU community also seems like a lot of fun but I'm not really sure which club to join. Aside from that I know about the films of course, I prefer the classic Trilogy over the Prequels.

I should probably also add that my english is at a moderate level but my grammar might be a little off at times.

Hopefully this is enough information. I don't have any preferences for a particular oldbie.

3. BklynWookie1980

BklynWookie1980 Jedi Youngling

Oct 15, 2010
    Do you adopt? You seem like the head mover and shaker here so if you're available that would be cool.

4. Fallen-Hero

Fallen-Hero Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 5, 2009
    Hey Shira, about the EUC. The clubs/groups are basically fan clubs. If I recall you mentioned something about loving the Old Republic era, so if you like the character Darth Revan, the Acolytes of Revan could be an interesting start. While the main focus is Revan, they do consider themselves the KOTOR fan club as well. Unfortunately a lot of the clubs seem to be oriented towards the NJO/LOTF/FOTJ characters...

5. Skiara

Nov 5, 2002
    Shira, I've sent out a PM to an oldbie. So you should get a PM soon from him. Just let me know, if you doesn't hear anything within the next few days or in case the pairing doesn't fit for you. :)

Bklyn, sadly I don't adopt at the moment. So you need to look for another person. And remember, it's not important, if one wears colors or not. :)

6. Katana_Sundancer

Katana_Sundancer Jedi Master star 4

Aug 13, 2009
    Hiya!

Katana Sundancer, hoping to be accepted as a Padawan learner before she gets shipped off to Agricorps. lol

I've been registered here for over a year now, but I've mostly been lurking to read the fan fiction. It'd be wonderful to have someone to aim any questions at.

I'm into Fanfiction, mostly, but am interested in the character discussions as well. My fave characters are Wedge Antilles (and his girls, of course), Luke, Mara Jade and Ben Skywalker, and Obi-Wan Kenobi and Siri Tachi.

Umm.... what else about me? Anything else you need to know?

7. Skiara

Nov 5, 2002
    I've updated the first page. Feel free to check, if I missed anything, since some things happened by PM. :)

Katana and Bklyn, I've added you to the first page (list of free newbies), but feel free to contact anyone of the list of free oldbies. I'll check, if I can help you finding a master soon later on today. :)

8. FelsGoddess

FelsGoddess Jedi Master star 5

Sep 5, 2004
    I've adopted Katana_Sundancer. :)

9. Fallen-Hero

Sep 5, 2009
    Yay, congrats on the adoption! You're in good hands Katana ;)

10. Katana_Sundancer

Katana_Sundancer Jedi Master star 4

Aug 13, 2009
    Thanks Fallen. I think so too!

11. Skiara

Nov 5, 2002
    Congrats Katana and Fels! :D

I've added you to my offline files, so you'll be at the first page when I do the next update. :)

12. Haydee

Haydee Jedi Knight

Oct 23, 2010
    I'd like to send a PM to someone but I can't because it says I must have at least 20 posts :/ , is there any way to fix that or I'll just wait to have at least 20 posts ^^' (cuz someone already contacted me by PM :) )

13. Skiara

Nov 5, 2002
    Feel free to use this thread to get 20 posts as fast as possible, so you can pm soon. :)

14. Haydee

Haydee Jedi Knight

Oct 23, 2010
    Ok no prob :) I just thought I'd tell just in case there would be some kind of security stuff ^^

15. Fallen-Hero

Sep 5, 2009
    I say this ought to return to the first page for the convenience of any new members wanting to join. :)

16. Skiara

Nov 5, 2002
    After the hello-spam, it's a good idea, Fallen. Thanks. :)

17. Hazel

Hazel Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2010
    * Opens door slightly and peeks inside*

Is this the Adoptions Office?

* Puts on friendliest smile possible*

Hi! I?m Hazel and would like to apply for a Master.

* Repeats newbie speech *

Do you need to know more?

PS - Did I get the link right?

18. Fallen-Hero

Sep 5, 2009
    Hey Hazel, welcome to the Newbie Adoption! Link works just fine by the way ;)

As for a getting a Master, the first page has been recently updated so the current available Masters should be listed. A general rule of thumb, take the initiative and PM someone on the list, not all of them keep a constant watch in here. Also, it's not because they aren't active in a forum you want to be active in that they can't help you get settled around the boards in general. :)

By the way, you mentioned writing fanfiction in your speech and, while I wouldn't put it pass me to misintrepret what you wrote, you're planning on writing SW-related fiction when the plot bunnies are organized, yes? If so, then perhaps when you feel ready you may want to take a look over here. It's basically their own kind of adoption program.

Skiara, yeah I thought so too, just didn't want to put it out so bluntly. I had thought of bumping a few other threads back on the first page, but they found their way back on their own. You trained them well :p

19. Hazel

Hazel Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2010
    Thanks for the tip, Fallen. I'll look into it.

And for clarification, YES, I'm planning on writing SW-related fiction (once I get my ideas organized).

20. Skiara

Nov 5, 2002
    Hazel, you got some good information above. Did they help you? Have you pmed anyone? Have you got a master already? :)

21. Hazel

Hazel Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2010

Yes, the information I got was very helpful. I've placed an aplication in the Creche tread and just PMed a possible Master.

22. Hazel

Hazel Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2010
    I am happy to announce Master Jade_eyes has agreed to take me as a padawan.

Yay!!!

[face_dancing] [face_dancing]

23. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    :D

And I also adopted Overboard4aFel -- wandered into her super NJO fic, Alien and offered mentoring services. :) :) [face_batting]

24. Skiara

Nov 5, 2002
    Congrats, Hazel and Jade_eyes! That was really fast! :D

It's also cool to hear that you've taken 4aFel as your padawan as well, Jade_eyes. :D

Edit: I'm just updating the first page. :)

25. MaraForever

MaraForever Jedi Knight star 1

Aug 12, 2010
    Hi everybody!
    I'm MaraForever, and I'd like to be apprenticed to someone.
    Mostly, I came to the JC to lurk around the fanfic, fanart, and costuming. I love the site and want to become more involved in the discussions and other boards.
    I'm eager to learn more about the EU, since I'm pretty new to it. So far I've mostly read lotf and hand of thrawn. My favourite characters are Mara, Kyp Durron, Han Solo, Tycho and Winter Celchu, and Shada D'ukal.

Any master would be absolutely great

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.