main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Newbie Question

Discussion in 'Archive: Games: TCG' started by Fettish_01, Mar 29, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fettish_01

Fettish_01 Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 8, 2002
    Hi,

I decided to poke my nose into the Star Wars TCG game and see what it's all about. I purchased a dark side card pack and a light side card pack from the ANH series. My question is: Why does my dark side pack have mostly light side cards?! In fact, it has only ONE dark card and the rest are either light or neutral. What gives? I'm confused...

-Fettish

2. Bacabachaui

Bacabachaui Manager Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 24, 2002
    That must be a mistake. The Dark Side starter should only have darkside and nuetral units. The one I got did.

You should call WotC customer service at 1-800-324-6496 or email them at custserv@wizards.com

3. Artie-Deco

Artie-Deco Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 23, 2001
    Fettish, are you referring to the 11- or 5-card "booster packs", or the 40-card starter decks a.k.a. "game packs"?

If you're talking about the booster packs, those are completely random, the wrapper has no meaning.

If you're talking about the starter decks, then as Bacca said it must have been a defective product.

4. Jedi_Benji

Jedi_Benji Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 2, 2002
    I think he was talking about the boosters, the boosters have different wrappings for no reason, they do not effect the cards inside.

5. Psycho_Jedi

Psycho_Jedi Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 26, 2002
    But if you do happen to be talking about an actual deck, call Wizards and you'll probably get a free one. Something like that happened to my brother-in-law when he played Magic. He bought a 60 card starter deck and all the cards were exactly the same. Wizards said some people like to do that in packaging just for the heck of it.

6. Fettish_01

Fettish_01 Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 8, 2002
    Thanks for the input. It was a 40 card starter deck. I took it back to where I purchased it and they gave me another one.

:)
    -Fettish

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.