main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Newbie Welcome Party!! Newbies come and have fun!

Discussion in 'Welcome New Users' started by JediSenoj451, Jun 5, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Asiil

Asiil Jedi Youngling

May 31, 2001
    Seems I've come at a bad time.....droids blew up the restarant....there's gooberfish in the pool.....

Well, anyways I'm new...

2. JediSenoj451

JediSenoj451 Jedi Padawan star 4

May 24, 2001
    Yeah, I'm with you on that one, Jedi Tin-Buk_tu. Can I call you JTBT for short? You have a very long name. Anyway, you're right. He would short ciruit and I wouldn't want to be in the water when he does. That's a catch 22 in a way, isn't it? We're going to kill VAder if he doesn't join a team, but once he gets in the water he's going to die. ;)

Edit: Oh, hey Asiil. I didn't see you there. We were just debating on whether or not Vader could or would play water polo. Make yourself confortable.

3. Jedi_Tin-Buk_Tu

Jedi_Tin-Buk_Tu Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 1, 2001
    Welcome, Asiil. You didn't come at a bad time. We're just having, uh, "very bad reactor leak" here. "Give us a few seconds to lock it down." Just kidding. ;) Enjoy yourself.

JediSenoj451, you can call me JTBT. Just don't call me Tin-Buk Rodgers! Maybe we can make Vader a life-guard. He doesn't have to get in the pool. He can levitate somebody out if they're drowning...or being eaten by a gooberfish ;)

4. Jedi_Tin-Buk_Tu

Jun 1, 2001
    Hmm. It seems the mishappenings of this party have scared the newbies off! We need to fix this.

Call in the Constructicons to begins repairs and - oh wait. That's Transformers, not Star Wars. Sorry. [face_blush]

5. Morgaine

Morgaine Ex-Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 19, 2001
    lol JTBT :D

Maybe we should use a fishing-rod to catch the gooberfish. ;)
    Wait a moment, I'll get one... :)

Oh, and welcome Asiil :)

6. JediSenoj451

May 24, 2001
    This place is falling apart. Where did the gooberfish come from? Oh wait. I remember now. I dumped my fish tank into the pool... I guess the gooberfish just multiplied. Oopps.

7. Jedi_Tin-Buk_Tu

Jun 1, 2001
    Way to go, JediSenoj451. You should've known better than to dump those fish in there. Those gooberfish are like Gremlins. You get 'em around water, and they multiply.

Oops. Maybe that's got something to do with what they *do* [face_love] in the water. [face_devil] Never mind... [face_blush]

Either way, we need to clean this place up a bit. How about a thermal detonator? I'm holding one right here! [face_mischief]

:eek: :eek: :eek:

*everybody runs!*

8. Asiil

Asiil Jedi Youngling

May 31, 2001
    I'm not scared off:)

When's the restarant going to be open again? I'm getting hungry. Maybe Vader should be the chef...keep him away from the water...

9. Jedi_Tin-Buk_Tu

Jun 1, 2001
    Vader as the cook? Now that's not a bad idea.

How about the Emperor? He could "fry" the chicken with his lightning bolts (bad pun, I know).

10. JediSenoj451

May 24, 2001
    LOL. That's not a bad idea JTBT. But I was thinking more along the lines of letting Yoda be the chef. I was always curious what he fed Luke in ESB. ;)

11. Jedi_Tin-Buk_Tu

Jun 1, 2001
    JediSenoj451, that's the problem. We don't know WHAT Yoda fed Luke. Do we really wanna know? I got one word for ya: POTLUCK. Yep.

Maybe we should set up a little wrestling ring in our party, and have a triple-threat match between Vader, Yoda, and the Emperor to determine who becomes the cook.

BTW, How's the theme park coming? Can't wait for that. I love rollercoasters.

12. Padawanboy

Padawanboy Jedi Youngling star 2

May 23, 2001
    Well, hello fellow newbies!! Mind if I join in the tip-top-tastic fun were all having?!?!?

Darn it! Betrayed by our own cook droids! Noooooooooo, they'll be no more food!

13. JediSenoj451

May 24, 2001
    Hey Padawanboy. Welcome. We're just trying to decide here on who is going to be the cook. ;)

Come on, JTBT, who wants Vader or the Emperor as chefs? Can you imagine them in a cooking apron? LOL....that's a funny thought.

It's not fair to have a wrestling match. Vader's about 5 feet taller than Yoda! My candidate would never stand a chance.

Oh, wait. I have a better idea. The park is finished. See. Those are all the rollercoasters. Why don't we put all the people who are running for the chef position on the rollercoaster rides? The one that can ride them the longest will win!

14. Padawanboy

May 23, 2001
    Whatever Yoda fed Luke is ESB, it did not look nice at all! It looked like some sort of porridge, that had been left to mould over for about a year. Yoda has erm...erm...erm...unusual tastes, to put it lightly!

But the idea of the Empreror as the cook was cool! The chicken would be ready in no time! A mobile, yet short tempered, portable cooker!

15. JediSenoj451

May 24, 2001
    OK OK. Maybe YOda's food didn't LOOK good, but it must have been healthy. How else would Yoda have lived to be 900 years old. ;)

16. Padawanboy

May 23, 2001
    Ahhh! Poweful Jedi was he!

Talking of that, does anyone know what kind of species Yoda is? I've looked in the Official Star Wars Book of Characters and under species name is just says "unknown". I've always wondered that, and never found any answer! Er..ok...does anyone have any ideas on it?

17. Jedi_Tin-Buk_Tu

Jun 1, 2001
    Welcome to the party,Padawanboy.

Yoda's food might not taste good in your mouth, but he did become a powerful Jedi. And so did Luke, not long after eating Yoda's food! But Yoda riding the rollercoaster wouldn't be fair either, JediSenoj451. He couldn't see over the car. He could only feel the g-forces.

Anyway, forget Yoda, the Emperor, and Vader riding the rollercoaster. I'm getting on!

Padawanboy, nobody knows what species either Yoda or Yaddle are. It's just one of those mysteries of Star Wars, and I suspect we'll never find out because that's one thing Lucas won't let the EU cover. It adds to the character if his origins are kept a mystery (kinda like ET). I do know this: in the old Star Wars role-playing game, Yoda recalls his past a bit. He remembers a war where his family was killed, and it gives him bitter feelings about fighting.

18. Stranded in space

Stranded in space Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 13, 2000
    Welcome Jedi Toinne, Jedi Papas, Grand Admiral Thracken, Asiil, and Padawan Boy, if i forgot you or mispelled you name sorry...

And as a token of my appricataion, everyone get a bottle of sun block. that way you don't burn you shoulders like i did, and have the minor problems that came with it...

19. JediSenoj451

May 24, 2001
    Hey Stranded! Glad to see that you are back. How was your trip? JTBT, Padawanboy and I are trying to decide was is going to be chef after I fired the droids for blowing up the restaurant. The candidates are as follows:

1. Yoda "Go little greenguy!" ;)
    2. Vader
    3. Emperor

Who has your vote?

20. Morgaine

Morgaine Ex-Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 19, 2001
    Yoda! Yoda! Yoda! :)

21. JediSenoj451

May 24, 2001
    Ha ha ha! My forces in support for Yoda are growing stronger.

22. Stranded in space

Stranded in space Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 13, 2000
    it was a great trip, Jedi Senoj451. execpt i'm burnt, cause i forgot sun block.

I vote for ummmmm... A recount.... no? okay then i'll go with majority and say Yoda!

23. Jedi_Tin-Buk_Tu

Jun 1, 2001
    Uh oh. Are we gonna have to put a survey on this board. It looks like it! But then again, we need to keep the debate in this topic/party.

It doesn't really matter to me. To be honest, I don't know if I trust Vader or the Emperor with my food. Yoda's food may taste bad, but we know it's good for us! On the other hand, Vader and the Emperor may be like the witch from the Hansel & Gretel fable.

My doctor has an old adage. "If it tastes good, spit it out of your mouth." That may ring true here...

24. Angel5000

Angel5000 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 6, 2001
    Um...hi there. I'm new here, and completely lost...someone wanna help me out a little?

while I'm waiting perhaps I'll take a swim(?)

25. Soggy-Ben Doggy

Soggy-Ben Doggy Jedi Knight star 5

Dec 9, 1999
    -- enters carrying a tray filled with bowls containing a moldy porridge-like substance --

Since the restaurant's undergoing major repairs, I thought it would be nice to bring some food for everyone. The recipe is one I found in Yoda's old cookbook.

Let me see...

-- sets the tray on a nearby table --

It's called 'Hot & Spicy Dagobah Grubworms.'

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.