main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Omaha, NE Newbie

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by sith_outkast, May 16, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sith_outkast

sith_outkast Jedi Youngling

May 16, 2002
    i am a newly registered member and i found out about this board from a card and brochure i was handed while standing in line for the midnight showing. i must say i absolutely loved the movie, easily making it my favorite one of the series. i look forward to conversing with all of you...

2. paperclipx

paperclipx Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 8, 2001
    Welcome to our little corner of the universe! Feel free to just jump right in! Hope I had a chance to meet you last night. I was the Jedi running around with all the troopers.

3. sith_outkast

May 16, 2002
    i did meet you...i was in the same line...i ordered a couple of pizzas...any word on a get together this weekend?

4. paperclipx

Jan 8, 2001
    Nope, nothing yet, but this is the place to watch for info! Stop by our website and sign up there too! That gets you put on the mailing list for all our events.

5. That awful vracer

That awful vracer Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 6, 2000
    Hi outcast! I was the great big dude that handed you the card & brouchue. I think I was just ahead of you in line. Are you the guy who was there with his son , all dressed up as a jedi? OR are you his buddy that was next in line. There may, or may not be a meeting this month. AOTC was kinda our event this month. But, keep watching, we might still do something before the end of may.

6. sith_outkast

May 16, 2002
    i was the white guy. :)
    i've seen the movie three times so far and i still can't wait to see it again!!!!!!!!

7. Ummeiko

Ummeiko Jedi Youngling

May 6, 2001
    *steps up to the microphone and clears her throat*

Hello, my name is Emily, and I have a problem.

Wait, this isn't one of those self-help groups?

Okay, well... anyway, I guess I would be considered a Newbie too (though no one approached me with any cool cards). I dunno if anyone saw me (though surely SOMEONE had to). I was the chick in the white Princess Leia costume (or close enough... I lost my belt somewhere so I had to use a Taekwondo belt, but whatcha gonna do). I was in theater 14, but I had taken my costume off by the time the movie started... because I could I guess.

Anyway, uhm. Hi.

8. paperclipx

Jan 8, 2001
    Welcome Emily! Glad to have you with us. And now that I think of it, I do believe I saw you towards the back of the line. I was the Jedi with the troopers. Feel free to log in on the website too!

9. Brad Kan Obi So Cool

Brad Kan Obi So Cool Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 30, 1999
    Hey! Welcome! I'm new too, except to Omaha in general... I definitely gotta agree with you on AOTC, it blew everything out of the water.

10. That awful vracer

That awful vracer Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 6, 2000
    [image=http://www.plauder-smilies.de/wavey.gif]

Hi Emily! I saw you there. Sorry you didn't get a card. I tried giving them out, but I was too cought up in the moment. I was also afraid of losing my place in line. Maybe we'll see you at a meeting sometime.

11. Ummeiko

Ummeiko Jedi Youngling

May 6, 2001
    *grins* Thanks for the warm welcome.

And I wasn't THAT far back in line... heh. I started out at the end of the tensa-barriers. As it was, I actually moved back (*gasp* Moved BACK, you say?) a few feet because there was a group of people doing trivia questions and they kinda took me in, which was cool because I was all alone. (If any of you are reading this, thanks!)

As for not getting me a card, no biggie! I'm cool. I don't need no stinking card. ^_^. And I can understand the not wanting to lose the spot in line concept. Oh yes, and I'm pretty sure I saw all the Jedi and the Stormtroopers. Anyway, nice to meet you all! ^_^.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.