main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Newest Meeting

Discussion in 'Archive: Salt Lake City, UT' started by ImDaBudge, May 16, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ImDaBudge

ImDaBudge Jedi Youngling star 3

May 2, 2002
    I know that it hasn't even been a week since the last meeting, but I think we should start talking about our next. Greenmayo and I were talking about it and we thought that having a barbeque would be fun. We could go and see AOTC before/after we ate. I was thinking two weeks from Saturday, that's June first. Think of ideas and other possibilities.

2. allenj456

allenj456 Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 8, 2002
    Great idea- I love me a bbq!!! i have been talking to navaren (the city rep for Provo) about doing a joint viewing sometime. She likes the idea- perhaps we can incorporate the two...

3. Jaa_Ray

Jaa_Ray Jedi Youngling

May 16, 2002
    When is this next meeting you speak of.
    Jaa Ray seems interested in this. Just saw the scifi fan films show today, as well as Epi. II for first time today. The force was being clouded not by the dark side, but by a large, obnoxious loud lady talking the entire time. Must see again soon.

Jaa_Ray

4. Marold

Marold Jedi Knight star 6

Apr 17, 2001
    You mean I have to meet with you people again?

Funny thing about the first of June, I might already be down in Provo with my family for Special Olympics. :D

5. CorranHorn242

CorranHorn242 Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 18, 2002
    Man, what is it with Saturdays? Sheesh... Alright, all you normal people... I get it. You just don't want me to go. ;)
    I'll see what I can do about getting out of work early or off entirely.

6. ImDaBudge

May 2, 2002
    I figured that if we started planning early enough most people would be able to arrange time off work. I would really like if you were able to come Sean.

7. CorranHorn242

CorranHorn242 Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 18, 2002
    I will do my best, but I can make no guarantees. I hate my schedule. Are we calling this a tentative date or a for sure thing? Just need to be sur before I go requesting time off...

8. greenmayo

greenmayo Jedi Youngling star 2

May 1, 2002
    I think it would be good to have it finalized by tonight-that way people can start planning. I can for sure do Saturday, June 1st. I think it would be awesome if you could come Sean as well as Jaa Ray, Marold, Quest, allen, Saberwielder, don't make me name all of you. If we did it in the afternoon and then saw ATOC at night, people who couldn't make the BBQ could come to the movie and vice versa. The cool people however, would be able to make BOTH. :)

9. ImDaBudge

May 2, 2002
    Perfect Idea Becks! I'm going to have a BBQ on the first of June everyone who wants to come can.... ;) I'll entertain ideas of where to hold this BBQ. Hahahahahaa

10. ImDaBudge

May 2, 2002
    That invite goes for everyone, after all I am going to be saying that it's the next meeting. What times are good for everyone?

11. greenmayo

greenmayo Jedi Youngling star 2

May 1, 2002
    So we could try (once again) for Sugarhouse Park for a BBQ and then see ATOC at the Villa? Those are two close commodities that we could take advantage of. That is, if anyone wants to....

12. FiveHorizons

FiveHorizons Jedi Master star 3

Mar 19, 2002
    I doubt I could do the BBQ, but I could definitely do the movie, and probably bring a few friends not involved in the internet as well.

13. ImDaBudge

May 2, 2002
    That's cool. Bring whoever you want. I need to find out who's coming for sure so that I'm sure to buy enough food for everyone.

Speaking of food, would every one be good with hamburgers and hotdogs? I could get a few chicken breasts for people who don't like red meat, but I don't know what else I can cook on a grill at a park.

Feel free to suggest anything.

14. Marold

Apr 17, 2001
    I agree with the Villa, I was going to suggest we see AotC there. It would be great.

You know other people can help with the BBQ you know. :p

15. Mcily_Nochi

Mcily_Nochi Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 23, 2001
    I don't think I can make it . . .

16. YodasLightSaber23

YodasLightSaber23 Jedi Youngling star 1

May 20, 2002
    I would love to attend this BBQ cause food is one of the next best things to SW. And both of them in the same activity...WOOHOO! Unfortunately, fortunately, I get to take my wonderful gril friend to her Sr. Ball. It is going to be a really fun night and I will miss the bbq, but I am sure you all understand. Have Fun!

17. allenj456

allenj456 Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 8, 2002
    A girl?!!? WHERE ARE YOUR LOYALTIES, SON?! actually thats my jealous lobe talking- just in case you couldn't tell i'm not getting any...

18. sithslayer99

sithslayer99 Jedi Youngling

May 5, 2002
    I should be able to make it. It sounds awesome. "A girl" is Woody's(yodaslightsabers) excuse to everything. He's always throwing that in my dateless face. :(

19. ImDaBudge

May 2, 2002
    That's cool. There's going to be more food for the cool people.

Anyone that wants to help is more than welcome to. I just figured that since I brought up the subject I would be responsible for most of the plans. Once we figure out who's coming we can delegate who brings what.

20. Lady Kenobi

Lady Kenobi Jedi Grand Master star 1

Apr 10, 1999
    Wish I could come, but if the date is still June 1 I will be on vacation.

:( on not being able to come, but a big :D becasue I'm going to NYC for the first time and I'll for sure be doing a digital AOTC outing!

Incidentally, does anyone else remember Fan Days for Episode I? We could try for that on June 16 (or close to as it's a sunday), the one month anniversary. The fan days are when I got a good portion of almost 20 viewings of TPM in three years ago

21. saberwielder76

saberwielder76 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 13, 2001
    Not sure if I can make it on June 1st, at least not to the BBQ. My cousin is getting married that day, so I may not be able to make it. It all depends on how long the reception is, but I will do whatever I can to make the AOTC viewing at the Villa.

Does anyone here remember when they showed all three of the OT in one day at the Villa? It was a great day. I think that was in the summer of 1989, though, so some of the younger people here may not remember.

22. Marold

Apr 17, 2001
    If I remember right, the summer of '89 I was still playing Princess Leia with my brothers and their friends. Also to get me to sit through one movie was amazing trying to get me to sit through 3 would have been murder on the audience.

We can also 'attempt' at the collection show off, enless we want to do that at a different date.

23. ImDaBudge

May 2, 2002
    I think the collection show off would be great at the BBQ. I got these Pez dispensers that I'm dying to show off. ;)

24. Marold

Apr 17, 2001
    Where did you get the new Pez things? I need to get them, can't stand the stuff but I have all the OT Pez.

25. ImDaBudge

May 2, 2002
    They're just the OT R2-D2 and C-3PO, but they ARE my collection.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.