main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Everett, WA Next Costume Workshop Sunday 2/22/2009

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by AmmersVI, Feb 5, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AmmersVI

AmmersVI Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 25, 2005
    Here is the message from our host Cate:

Any suggestions for a food theme?

As usual, this will start at 11am and run until sometime in the early
    evening, interested parties feel free to drop in anytime but before 4
    or 5 pm would probably be best or you won't benefit much from the
    workshop.

It will be at my (Cate) place so if you've never been, send me a PM for
    address and directions.

2. Cliodna_ben_Lhee

Cliodna_ben_Lhee Jedi Master star 4

Jul 4, 2003
    Thank you for posting this for me Amy!

Food Theme's?

Caribbean?
    French?
    Portuguese?

3. Cliodna_ben_Lhee

Cliodna_ben_Lhee Jedi Master star 4

Jul 4, 2003
    So this month?s costume workshop will have an end time sooner than usual, since it is also on Oscar night. I want to wrap things up by 4pm since they start at 5:30 and I want to make sure the living room and kitchen are all clean and tidy to be able to relax and watch without any debris or clutter from our costuming activities. This means there will be less time than usual for us to work. Do we want to maybe start at 10 am this time?
    And we should keep the lunchtime simple this time, maybe we could all go in together for pizza?

And about the Oscars themselves: I had previously offered to let anyone who wanted to hang around stay and watch them with us. I am now thinking that might not be a great idea. Rick?s health is improving but it?s still a bit fragile. Though he can be robust during the day, he tires easily and I think he will be feeling taxed by the time we all get done with the workshop activities. Even though he will most likely be in the office working while we are busy with our stuff, I am not sure he?d be up to company during the latter part of the day. I hope y?all won?t mind if we shoo you out by 5 o?clock and many of you probably already had plans to leave sooner to get home in time yourselves.

But I don?t want you to be reluctant to come for the workshop; we will surely be able to get a lot done even if our time is limited at this one. I have us down for March 22nd as the next workshop after this, I think I will be able to have it go as late as we need in order to get as much done before Norwescon as we can.

4. AmmersVI

AmmersVI Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 25, 2005
    Cate, I think Marlow and I will carpool and plan to arrive around 10:30. We will be leaving a bit earlier than 4 though, as I have an Oscar party to help set up.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.