main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Next meeting

Discussion in 'Archive: Quad Cities' started by Illd_Saber, Nov 16, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Illd_Saber

Illd_Saber Jedi Youngling star 1

May 16, 2005
    First off, I really enjoyed getting together with everybody. I thought it was great that we had such a difficult time staying on topic ... our conversations kept veering off into just a few of the many realms of SW.

So, let's do it again. Personally, I don't think it's out of the question to have a December meeting. Sure, things get hectic, but an hour or two of SW might be just the thing to take the edge off of holiday stress.

Somebody mentioned a costuming possibility in conjuction with Toys for Tots. Should we pursue that?

Any other ideas?

2. dinochick

dinochick Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 7, 2002
    We had talked about maybe getting together to go see "The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe".....:)

3. Illd_Saber

May 16, 2005
    Good call. Should we shoot for Dec. 17?

4. dinochick

Jul 7, 2002
    Sounds good at the moment :)

5. Achilles_of_Edmonton

Achilles_of_Edmonton Jedi Youngling star 4

May 13, 2005
    This is awesome.

I am so glad to see you guys getting back into the swing again.

With C4, TV series, 3D and all the EU stuff I am a firm believer that Star Wars will simply never die and as such it's good to see you haven't let the fanforce concept kick the bucket in this area of the world.

Just like a Phoenix, this group comes out of the ashes of the old one renewed and that much better. I truly wish you guys all the luck in the world with your new adventures and I hope that your fanforce grows into what a fanforce should be. A tight nit group of friends and colleagues brought together by a common interest and held together by so much more than that.

I missed you guys at FilmCon 5 and would have liked to catch up with you there. It was porbably the best one I've been to since we started going years ago. If they keep going at this rate it will only get better and I'd like to see some of you there next year and at DragonCon as well.

Cheers and May the Force be with you all . . . . always.

Mark Twitchell

6. Illd_Saber

May 16, 2005
    Thanks for enthusiastic encouragement. We're just getting things started, but I know it's going to be a great group.

7. dinochick

Jul 7, 2002
    Does anyone want to get together to go see King Kong (open's Dec. 14) or Narina (Dec. 9)? I will most likely not be around on December 9th, but I would be interested in going on December 10th if anyone else would like to get together:)

8. Illd_Saber

May 16, 2005
    I'm for Narnia on the 10th, depending on the time. What time of the day would we go?

9. dinochick

Jul 7, 2002
    I could go anytime that day, so whenever would be best for you all

10. QCJediLance

QCJediLance Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 22, 2002
    Well that sounds good but it would have to be earlier in the day becouse I have somthing going on that afternoon but thats just me.

11. dinochick

Jul 7, 2002
    When it gets a bit closer I will post the show times and we can see what is a good time for us to get together

12. qcjediJohn_AM

qcjediJohn_AM Jedi Master star 1

Jul 21, 2002
    I would not be able to make it on the 10th... I just keep missing these dates! :_|

13. dinochick

Jul 7, 2002
    What about the 11th?

14. qcjediJohn_AM

qcjediJohn_AM Jedi Master star 1

Jul 21, 2002
    I wouldn't be good until at least the 19th... Maybe I should see if there is an Iowa City fanforce I could join. It might be too troublesome to be in the QC group.

15. UluUlix

UluUlix Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 3, 2003
    Eventually things will work out for you. There will be times when you just cant make it. I'm not certain if there is anything out in Iowa City as far as a group. I know that there are some members of the 501st out there though.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.