main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Discussion Next Official Announcement?

Discussion in 'Archive: Disney Era Films' started by BOBAFLEXX, Mar 6, 2013.

1. BOBAFLEXX

BOBAFLEXX Jedi Padawan

Jan 30, 2003
    With the rumors on the Big 3's return, when do you think the next official announcement is released from Lucasfilm?

I wager something is building and we will have an official press release in the next 7-10 days.

Most likely the casting announcement on the Big 3 and first lead roles.

2. LunarMoth

LunarMoth Jedi Master star 4

Nov 27, 2012
    I would like the cast announcement to happen on television somehow, but I dont think that will happen.

3. mavjade

mavjade Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 10, 2005
    I think the next 7 to 10 days is a little optimistic, but I've never really been good at predicting these things.

I figure they are waiting to get everything in line so they can announce the big 3 at the same time. Hopefully an announcement on that will be sooner rather than later, but I'm guessing in the next few months. As for other casting, I doubt they are that far along.

TreborSabreon likes this.
  4. Only-One Cannoli

Only-One Cannoli Ex-Mod star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 20, 2003
    I think we'll get something solid official on the plot next, definitely. Can't release the cast before that's done.

5. PrincessKenobi

PrincessKenobi Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 12, 2000
    I'm going to say we will get something right before they go into hard core let's promote Star Trek mode for JJ and let's promote Iron Man 3 for Disney. So probably beginning of April. Then we probably won't get much till after Star Trek dies down.

6. cdgodin

cdgodin Jedi Master star 4

Oct 9, 2009
    I think they're gonna announce something on Star Wars Day. After all, how can't they?

7. Only-One Cannoli

Only-One Cannoli Ex-Mod star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 20, 2003
    New overlords, new rules. They might not :(

8. Obi-Wong

Obi-Wong Jedi Knight

Jan 30, 2012
    It was announced that the MTV Movie Awards will take place April 14th, I think that would be a great opportunity for a big announcement, say have the big 3 reunite on stage to give out an award, and make it official that they will return for episode 7.

9. Ryus

Ryus Jedi Master star 4

Feb 25, 2013
    Is the MTV crowd old enough to know the original cast? :p Especially now that they're old and havent been in anything major in ages

IMHO odds of any announcement at he MTV Awards would depend if they're ready to reveal new casting too and only if JJ Abrams doesnt want to use it to get one last time to advertise Star Trek Into Darkness a mere month before its release. Plus Disney would likely prefer advertising Ironman 3 there just a few weeks before its release.

Darth Claire likes this.
  10. chris hayes

chris hayes Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 13, 2012
    May the 4th or after the release of Star Trek .............

11. Darth Claire

Darth Claire Force Ghost star 5

Dec 21, 2012
    Yeah I doubt we'll get any announcement at the MTV movie awards cause I doubt those stupid little twilight girls that make up 90% of the audience will even care. They'd probably be all "Ugh who are these old guys and why should I care? Bring back Taylor Lautner". So yeah MTV is NOT a good place to do a reveal.

cdgodin and DarthRelaxus like this.
  12. KED12345

KED12345 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 10, 2012
    Figure the next big announcement is the official announcement of Ford, Hamill, Fisher and the new cast as well.

13. Bazinga'd

Bazinga'd Saga / WNU Manager - Knights of LAJ star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 1, 2012
    Disney's shareholder meeting was earlier this week and nothing was announced. As much as I would like something about the cast to be announced soon, I would guess that it will wait until Star Trek has been announced.

BTW-anyone see JJ lately, and what has he been up to? ;) The answer to that may give an indication of the timing of any announcement

eDisc likes this.
  14. The_Coon

The_Coon Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 11, 2013
    this is getting ridiculous they need to speed up with xcasting this is sposedly coming out in 2015 there gonna have lie a year max to film the whole thing

15. Bazinga'd

Bazinga'd Saga / WNU Manager - Knights of LAJ star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 1, 2012
    Patience. This is the same thing that we have dealt every time a new SW movie comes out although it may be worse for Episode VII because JJ is known to be very secretive.

eDisc likes this.
  16. DarthBreezy

DarthBreezy Chosen One star 6

Jun 4, 2002
    They don't need to announce anything, and they know it - my god, someone farts the words 'Star Wars' these days and the media goes crazy - even worse than the fans do!

They have all the goodies, and they know it.

17. snap-hiss

snap-hiss Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 23, 2001
    We will probably lose the tradition of information being released at 11:38 AM PST.

18. Ryus

Ryus Jedi Master star 4

Feb 25, 2013
    :confused:Hmm... didnt need to feel old because I had to google who the hell was Talor Lautner, thanks. Im only 28 btw. but this does proove as we both previously stated that pretty much the MTV awards would be the way wrong place to announce anything Episode 7 baring a new cast member being very marketable there I suppose.

19. my kind of scum

my kind of scum Force Ghost star 4

Mar 4, 2002
    I think it depends on whether or not they are still shooting for 2015. If they are, I would expect *some* news (casting, etc...) to start flowing soon. If they are pushing it back a year, it could be awhile...

It will be interesting to see how the hype will be handled for this. LFL have traditionally released a lot of info before the films are released (and have had a lot of leaks of even more info). JJ's films tend to hold plot details close to the vest - he's very secretive. Maybe they will compromise a bit between the two? Regardless, I would expect that we will see less of a drip feed of info than we have been given in the past.

20. Han Burgundy

Han Burgundy Jedi Master star 3

Jan 28, 2013
    The movie doesn't come out for two years. I think they're going to wait until comic con, have the big 3 walk on stage together at the panel, and watch everyone's faces melt like Raiders of the Lost Ark.

21. MakingStarWars

MakingStarWars Jedi Master star 4

Oct 20, 2008
    It will probably be on a Friday night like the last few times.

22. Lord Chazza

Lord Chazza Jedi Master star 4

Jan 4, 2013
    June 29th 2015: Star Wars Episode 7 will be released tomorrow!

23. Darth_Hydra

Darth_Hydra Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 14, 2001
    I think the next official announcement will be either confirmation/denial of the Big 3 or casting of the new Solo/Skywalker kids. As for when, I think it'll be at San Diego Comicon since it's after Star Trek and I think Disney would be stupid to not have a major announcement at the world's biggest geek/nerd gathering this year.

24. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    Who needs any more official information...? Can't you see how much fun everyone is having starting topics about the most banal, inconsequential made-up ideas...??? You're a joy thief. :(

25. darklordoftech

darklordoftech Force Ghost star 6

Sep 30, 2012
    I'm pretty sure people still know about Star Wars.