main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Discussion Next Official Announcement?

Discussion in 'Archive: Disney Era Films' started by BOBAFLEXX, Mar 6, 2013.

1. Darth Claire

Darth Claire Force Ghost star 5

Dec 21, 2012
    But do you think that TWILIGHT fans are gunna care if a bunch of old guys come on the stage and talk? No they'll get bored *I used to be a twilight fan so I understand*. These kids just want to see their popular actors, not people I doubt they would even recognize without being directly told. I say have your announcement be to a group of fanboys *like at comic con* rather than people who voted for Kirsten Stewart as best actress almost 3-4 years in a row.

Ryus likes this.
  2. Bazinga'd

Bazinga'd Saga / WNU Manager - Knights of LAJ star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 1, 2012
    Thats what concerns me the most is casting a "popular" young actor just for the sake of it or to draw in the Twilight crowd. Some of these actors make Jake Lloyd seem like an Oscar winner.

3. Ryus

Ryus Jedi Master star 4

Feb 25, 2013
    Thankfully JJ Abrams and Kathleen Kenedy have a history of good casting calls.

Bazinga'd likes this.
  4. Bazinga'd

Nov 1, 2012
    Famous last words......;)

eDisc and Ryus like this.
  5. Ryus

Ryus Jedi Master star 4

Feb 25, 2013
    I havent said 'I have a bad feeling about this' yet... oh nevermind just said it. :p

Bazinga'd likes this.
  6. admiral_Jim

admiral_Jim Jedi Master star 3

May 7, 2004
    I'd say after Star Trek but with the comments from MH, CF and GL recently maybe we'll get something sooner....if Disney/LFL want to make a big deal of the casting announcement they'll need to get moving on it before it becomes old news.

7. Bazinga'd

Nov 1, 2012
    Not only that, Disney needs to move rather quickly to ride the buzz generated by George's comments. I wonder how much bandwith was utilized yesterday just talking about George's comments.

admiral_Jim likes this.
  8. DarthBreezy

DarthBreezy Chosen One star 6

Jun 4, 2002
    They're already calling it an 'oops' - Saying GL 'Opened his big mouth' - yeah, Disney would be prudent to throw out a bone soon - they severely underestimated the power of Star Wars geeks... ;)

9. The Hellhammer

The Hellhammer Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 4, 2012
    The overhype train is already out of control, they don't need to make any announcements ever and everyone would still be crazy about it.

10. smudger9

smudger9 Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 29, 2007
    Yup, The casting for the new Star Trek was faultless IMO, and JJ got the most out of them.

11. dkgaddy

dkgaddy Jedi Youngling

Mar 7, 2013
    Speaking of Jake Lloyd. Now that he's older they could cast him as Han and Leia's son :p

12. Bazinga'd

Nov 1, 2012
    Oh, please no. That ship has sailed and crashed into the the Great Pit of Carkoon.

13. dkgaddy

dkgaddy Jedi Youngling

Mar 7, 2013
    What? You can't picture him training as a Jedi shouting, "Yipeeee!"