main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

San A, TX NFL in San Antonio?

Discussion in 'MidSouth Regional Discussion' started by MASTER_JEDI_RN, Sep 13, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MASTER_JEDI_RN

MASTER_JEDI_RN Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 6, 2005
    Hey that's cool, you'll get a chance to see my favorite team play. Check it out.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=ap-saints-homefield&prov=ap&type=lgns

MJ

2. Darth-Hulk

Darth-Hulk Jedi Padawan star 4

May 2, 2003
    This opportunity with the Saints will allow San Antonio to show the NFL that we can handle a team. We are a bigger media market than New Orleans, Green Bay, Tampa, and Jacksonville, yet they have teams.

If we put the money into the Alamodome and make it really kick ass and we sell out the Saints games we get, the NFL will have no choice but to consider us for real for the next expansion franchise.

3. Chosen_One1

Chosen_One1 Jedi Padawan star 4

May 12, 2005
    I think Los Angeles will be the next city to get an NFL team, but you can always hope[face_praying].

4. starbuck92

starbuck92 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 21, 2005
    I was lucky enough to get some tickets for the first game here against the Bills. My family will be driving up. It's been a while since I've been to a professional football game, and I can't wait!

5. Darth-Hulk

May 2, 2003
    Cool, Sandra! I'm sooo jealous of you. Have I told you how pretty you are? (flattery helping me get a ticket?) :D J/K

6. starbuck92

Jan 21, 2005
    lol, sorry, but only one of the tickets is mine. The other three belong to my parents and my sister.

7. MASTER_JEDI_RN

Apr 6, 2005
    Here's some advice. I've gone to tons of Niners games in S.F., and I've started bringing a Walkman to listen to the game with 1 earpiece in. You'll have the at-the-game feel, but it's cool to hear the play-by-play and commentary from the sportscaster too. Otherwise, it can be hard to keep up with what is happening on the field.

Binoculars are great too, but not mandatory if you have the radio. Since it has been a while since you've been to a NFL game, get there early (they usually open the gates 2 hrs in advance) and walk around and check out the vendors, VISA usually gives away free stuff, etc., and you'll beat the long lines that will form for these things.

Have fun!

MJ

8. Darth-Hulk

May 2, 2003
    You a Niner fan, MJ? I am. It was hard to watch the pummeling they took from Philly. Reeeeally hard.:_|

9. MASTER_JEDI_RN

Apr 6, 2005
    Yeah, it was brutal, but sadly...expected. My friends dad has had front row season tix (3 seats on the visitor side 20 yrd line) for like 2 decades. So I usually get to go 1 or 2 times a year. One year against the Cowboys, Fox Sports was there, and because we always arrive so early (see previous post), the production crew was setting up, and they needed a hand with putting up like 36" monitors (so the fans in the stands can watch the broadcast) and they said "Hey you, can you help us lift this up?" I was like "OK". Next thing I knew, I'm on the set shaking hands with Terry Bradshaw, Howie Long, and J.B. That's when Ronnie Lott was also on the show, and I looked around and saw him in the stands chatting with the fans. That's hella cool, because he's like a legend in S.F.

Anyways, around these parts, you're either a Niner fan or "part of the Raider Nation". In fact, my neighbor across the street was at the Raiders game last night (chillin in the Bank of America luxury suite). Oh.. did they lose? Too bad......heh heh heh.

Go Saints!! The game's starting soon!

MJ

10. starbuck92

Jan 21, 2005
    Thanks for the advice MJ. We've been to quite a few games in the past, but lately it just hasn't been easy to get out to Houston. I really wish they'd get a team here in SA.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.