main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Spring, MO No, we've never been formally introduced. Hello, I'm... (The Intro Thread)

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by jedigal, Mar 5, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jensaarai1219

Jensaarai1219 Jedi Master star 4

Dec 8, 2006
    Seeing as I won the second time I tried, maybe I don't need an advantage :p
    It's a fun game, this round needs to end so I can play again. :)

2. Darth Gangrenous

Darth Gangrenous Chosen One star 10

Jun 1, 2005
    I'm glad that you like the game. :) If you want, you are welcome to join us in our social thread.

3. jmb_jedi00

jmb_jedi00 Jedi Youngling

Aug 22, 2003
    NAME(S): James Browne (News of my death and shrinking of my corpse was highly exaggerated ;), JediJMB for online gaming
    AGE/BIRTHDATE: 39, 31 Dec 1967
    LOCATION(S): San Diego CA, Berkeley MO, Winfield MO, currently Troy MO
    OCCUPATION/DRUDGERY: HVAC, sheet metal fabricator
    FAMILY/PETS: Wife April, daughter Lauren(7) and son Alexander(5)padawan learner; no pets
    SW FAN SINCE: 1977, watched in a drive in at SD and was trying to watch it again as my dad drove out of the drive in.
    HOW I INDULGE MY SW OBSESSION: currently through my son who seems to get all the neat SW toys and figures. No one seems to get those items even though I ALWAYS request them. I really enjoy the Master Replica line of collectibles. I have 5 of the Force FX light sabers including the Darth Maul duel saber. That rocks!! Plus a couple studio scale models from Code3 collectibles, X-Wing and Millennium Falcon.
    OTHER SCI-FI INTERESTS: LOTR, X-Files
    OTHER OTHER INTERESTS: Computer gaming, fishing, camping
    MUSICAL TASTES: Linkin Park, Red Hot Chili Peppers, Metallica, 30 Seconds to Mars, Gorillaz, Good Charlotte and the like. Just too many to list. Mostly alternative stuff but can listen to other music genres.
    CHAT ID'S: AOL-jmbjedi32; Yahoo-jmbjedi01

4. jedi_runya

jedi_runya Manager Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 4, 2005
    Welcome James! Hey in a few months it will be camping time again. There are a few of us that go together and have a great time running from the killer raccoons. :D

5. twilek69

twilek69 Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 25, 2005
    Welcome James!

6. Dagobah_Diva

Dagobah_Diva Jedi Master star 4

Sep 24, 2002
    "James Brown is Dead"...excellent techno song from back in the day.:D

Welcome!

7. Darth Gangrenous

Jun 1, 2005
    Hi James. Welcome to our happy and humble little group. :D

8. Imperial_Sniper

Imperial_Sniper Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 2, 2007
    Well, they allways told me to start with a joke, and I'm luaghing allready! oh wait, maybe i should tell everyone else... lol!

Just thought it was funny that the new member before me was also a james.

NAME(S): James Brockfeld, James, Crazy, German Samurai, I'll answer about anything.

AGE/BIRTHDATE: 20, and my knees feel it... aug. 4, 1986

LOCATION(S): Sad little town of Warrenton, MO. For anyone who's been there, I apologize... lol! It looks pretty in the downtown area, but that's about it... We're a town of churches and truck-stops! lol...

OCCUPATION/DRUDGERY: Previous: Wal-mart zombie, Current: Computer Repairman, Self-Employed

FAMILY/PETS: Mum & Dad, two sisters, two brothers in law, about a million cats, (no really, not that much exageration there) and four dogs.

SW FAN SINCE: ...ever. Grew-up with star wars. Watched A New Hope on VHS at age 7 on a toshiba 14" color. W00T! old-school! lol!

HOW I INDULGE MY SW OBSESSION: I own a suit of trooper armor, hence the sign-on name... Also i do SW themed LaRPs, Build SW stuff, Play SW games...

OTHER SCI-FI INTERESTS: about anything that has to do with sci-fi.

OTHER OTHER INTERESTS: Anime, Stop-motion film, Photography, Computers

MUSICAL TASTES: Classical, Alt. Rock, Idustrial, Techno/House.

CHAT ID'S: MSN: animefreak169@hotmail.com, Myspace: www.myspace.com/156933715

9. Imperial_Sniper

Apr 2, 2007
    Oh, and I forgot, I'm also open to protreying jedi, as well as my trooper persona

It's an honor and privilige to meet you all!

10. jedi_runya

Jan 4, 2005
    Welcome James! :D

AGE/BIRTHDATE: 20, and my knees feel it... aug. 4, 1986 Oh, you haven't felt anything yet... LOL!

11. Darth Gangrenous

Jun 1, 2005
    Welcome James.

Wait till you get our age with the pain. :p

12. Imperial_Sniper

Apr 2, 2007

thanks for the warm welcome... and I'm sure I will, if i ever grow up... lol! reason for my comment bout my knees, the cartilledge (sp?) in my knees has degenerated to the point where nerves are rubbing-ish, so I sometimes have trouble walking, but nothing serious... yet. <--- and I hope it never gets there... anyway, thanks again for the welcome!

13. jedi_runya

Jan 4, 2005
    Wow! That sounds awful. And with this wacky weather, I am sure it doesn't help.

14. Imperial_Sniper

Apr 2, 2007
    Not really, but I'm a Trooper. lol, pun well intended. [face_laugh]

15. Dagobah_Diva

Dagobah_Diva Jedi Master star 4

Sep 24, 2002
    Nice to have you around James!

16. twilek69

Apr 25, 2005
    Welcome James!

17. Imperial_Sniper

Apr 2, 2007
    thanks all! wow, it's awesome to be on the recieving side of such a warm welcome. this seems like a great group, can't wait to meet you all in person. ...thinking back, i met a few of you at the book release at the borders in mid-rivers mall last october, can't remember off-hand who, (sorries, bad memory) i was the one dressed as a random sith person, i was with my sister who was dressed as a jedi.

18. jmb_jedi00

jmb_jedi00 Jedi Youngling

Aug 22, 2003
    [face_laugh] that's not far from the truth. It is freaky when raccoons are scratching at your tent "door" looking for some food in the middle of the night.

Thank you all for making it very comfortable to be a part of your community!!

19. twilek69

Apr 25, 2005
    James, I am so glad we have made it comfortable for you! It is always nice to have new members. Now you all have to try and make a meeting so we can put a face to the name. :D

20. jedixjaya

jedixjaya Jedi Youngling

May 29, 2007
    NAME(S): Mallory Masson
    AGE/BIRTHDATE: 18, 13 April 1989
    LOCATION(S): St. Peters, MO, currently Wentzville, MO--will be living mostly in Columbia, MO come college time
    OCCUPATION/DRUDGERY: None currently
    FAMILY/PETS: Just the parents, John and Debbie
    SW FAN SINCE: My dad's been a fan since forever, but as a little girl I thought it was a bit lame--mind you, I'd never seen it, so when he forced me to come see A New Hope in 1997 with him, I was instantly hooked and rectified the error of my ways. :)
    HOW I INDULGE MY SW OBSESSION: I loveloveloveloveloveLOVE the books. I'm a huge EU fan, specifically of the Solo kids (username, anyone? XD) and the young Jedi knights and all that. I am reading the books constantly. I costume a little here and there, hopefully planning to do more of that in the future. I buy a few toys too, but not too much because my mother doesn't exactly approve of my being geeky, so I'm just a waiting til I get off into college to really dork out bahahah.
    OTHER SCI-FI INTERESTS: Harry Potter (fantasy, not really sci-fi, but!), Heroes, LotR
    OTHER OTHER INTERESTS: Anything dealing with electronics (gaming, photoshopping, surfing the net, fixing them, blah blah, har har, etc. etc.), reading, cosplay, theatre, music (play flute and percussion; yesss, I am/was a band geek)
    MUSICAL TASTES: I AM X, 30 Seconds to Mars, Bon Jovi, Voltaire, U2, aaah, really I'll listen to anything that's got a good beat or is catchy--why exclude yourself from other genres just because it's "the other genre", yeah? If I like it, I'm definitely listening to it.
    CHAT ID'S: jedixjaya on AIM

21. jedi_runya

Jan 4, 2005
    Welcome Mallory! I am a former band geek myself (played clarinet). What are you going to school for?

If you have any questions let me know, and feel free to jump in! :D

22. jedixjaya

jedixjaya Jedi Youngling

May 29, 2007
    Thanks! And whoohoo band geeks!

I'm planning on majoring in Graphic Design, which is already a passion of mine so, we'll see how that goes.

23. Imperial_Sniper

Apr 2, 2007
    woo hoo band geeks indeed! (i played baritone) Yay Graphics Design! if i had the tuition, i'd be in it for that, and computer technology, mainly to get the degree. Anyways, welcome to the board from another newcomer!

24. jedixjaya

jedixjaya Jedi Youngling

May 29, 2007
    Bahahahah mooooore band geeks!

Thanks for the welcome!

25. Darth Gangrenous

Jun 1, 2005
    Hi Mallory, welcome to our group. :)
    I played trumpet in band for a little while but I really sucked so I was booted. I didn't have the talent for it.

I really love reading the EU as well. We have a book club here that just started. We haven't had a meeting for it yet but we will meet every so often(the ones that can and the ones that can't make it, I'll have a different thread for each book plus we also have access to a private chatroom for discussing it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.