main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

nobody is in NYC right now are they?

Discussion in 'Archive: Boston, MA' started by Jedi Bib, Sep 11, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Grand Admiral Reese

Grand Admiral Reese Jedi Knight star 6

Sep 1, 1999
    Neither am I. But it does make sense, so I'm sticking with it till proved wrong.

2. Pellaeon69187

Pellaeon69187 Jedi Master star 5

Dec 28, 2000
  3. JediGrl831

JediGrl831 Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 30, 2000
    I call it a bubbler. My MA accent does pop up every now and again. I'll probably revert back to it once I come home too...but for now, its hard not to let the Southern one rub off on you. I don't even hear it really.

4. Jedi Bib

Jedi Bib Jedi Grand Master star 6

Apr 16, 2000
    Up for posterity.

5. Pellaeon69187

Dec 28, 2000
    reasonable. But why did you up the Pete Mayhew thread? That was long ago.

6. JediGrl831

Nov 30, 2000
    Can you all believe that its already been six months? My goodness time flies.

Anyways, did you all watch the special on Sunday. I did. Brought back a lot of the emotions I rememnber feeling that day and reminded me of everything that was and still is going on. Seeing as I had sort of pushed it to the back of my mind. It was good to see, thereputic in a way, cause I hadn't dealt with enough I think.

Its just odd to think that is already been six months. I can't believe it.

7. Pellaeon69187

Dec 28, 2000
    Yeah, time flys. I've always been extremly patriotic, so nothing really came back with the whole six months ago thing.

I didn't watch it. I didn't leave FOX till the trailer was over. then I watched it about 50 times :) .

8. TIEace

TIEace Jedi Knight star 5

Nov 27, 2000
    I saw some of the special, although it brought back a lot of nostalgia and anxiety, so I didn't watch the whole thing.

My mom was glued to the set (she grew up in Greenpoint in NYC).

9. Pellaeon69187

Dec 28, 2000
    Its sad and all, but I'm getting sick of the whole 911 thing. No offense, I was just as or more pissed off when i heard; but people just keep talking about it. There are more important things to talk about, like Ep.2!!!!!

10. Darth Dowe

Darth Dowe Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 23, 1999
    You just are the master of tact, eh Dave? ;) :p

11. TIEace

Nov 27, 2000
    I agree, Dave. 911 was a serious tragedy but I think that it's starting to be time to move on.

12. Pellaeon69187

Dec 28, 2000
    What is that supposed to mean Tony?

13. Pellaeon69187

Dec 28, 2000
    Oh yeah, I get my permit to drive a speeder today!
    There is this kid trying to sell his speeder down in Mos Eisley. I think his name is Skywalker, I'll have to check it out.

14. Darth Dowe

Darth Dowe Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 23, 1999
    tact n.
    Acute sensitivity to what is proper and appropriate in dealing with others, including the ability to speak or act without offending.

I was saying in a joking manner that you excel at tact because some people who may have lost their loved ones probably are not over 9/11 even six months later. In a public venue such as the boards, I try to watch what I say, cuz some people may find it offensive.

To take the devil's advocate here, I also agree that 9/11 is a bit over-done, and it sucks that now that date is forever "ruined" because of the events. What if that had been my birthday? People would never say "Oh what a great day", but instead "I remember where I was..." [face_plain]

Oh well... Life goes on.

15. Pellaeon69187

Dec 28, 2000
    I would normally not say anything that people might find offensive on a board, but I know all of you guys so its a tad different.

I have my learners permit! My mom wouldn't let me drive the speeder home though :)

16. TIEace

Nov 27, 2000
    That's awesome, Dave.

I try to watch what I say...

17. Pellaeon69187

Dec 28, 2000
    I don't care what people think of me...oh wait, yes I do :p

18. Grand Admiral Reese

Grand Admiral Reese Jedi Knight star 6

Sep 1, 1999
    Just remember to look out for the Stormies...I mean Staties when you're driving. :)

19. Pellaeon69187

Dec 28, 2000
    haha, I'll be sure too. Wait a minute, they can't catch me!

//hops in speeder and gets on MassPike
    goes 400 mph

//Stormy sees me and calls in an airstrike

"Oh crap...

20. JediGrl831

Nov 30, 2000
    I think moving on is something really relative to the person. I mean you may feel its time to move on, but for some people it just takes longer. So, its important to be understanding of that.

911 doesn't consume me like it did when it first happened, but the special brought back a lot of stuff I hadn't thought about in a while and gave me the opportunity to do so.

I think its important too that we never forget what happened, we need to be reminded of it so that we can be grateful for what we've got and everything that has happened since.

21. Pellaeon69187

Dec 28, 2000
    agreed. Or as Ed would say- w00t! :p

22. MysterySith

MysterySith MEPA Founder/Advisor FF NYC, NY star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 17, 2000
    Think about the people that have lost loved ones. Think about the people that have to look into the nothing that was the WTC every day like I do. Think about the people that were traumatized since they watched the events of 9-11 from out their office window and saw it with their own eyes and not on TV. Think about how things are not as they were before and who knows how long they will be. Do you know what it is like to walk around your city and in places that were normal before and see Armed National Guard and cars being guarded by Machine guns?

I can speak for myself and other when I say a week does not go by when I relive the events on 9-11

I can go on and on, but I look to the future and Episode 2 and have hope.

23. JediGrl831

Nov 30, 2000
    Well said Mysty. You def. have my sympathies and a reminder that the thoughts and prayers of many people are still with the people of New York.

24. Pellaeon69187

Dec 28, 2000
    Same goes for me.
    And yes, Ep.2 does look hopefull! Man I can't wait...

25. TK7771

TK7771 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 22, 2001
    Mysty you nailed it right on the head.It definately is something that gonna change the lives of alot of people.

Do you know what it is like to walk around your city and in places that were normal before and see Armed National Guard and cars being guarded by Machine guns?

I'd have to answer yes to that one,My friend lives over by Logan Airport,as you all know the first 2 planes left from there.They have Armed National Guards all over the place there,and we still have military jets doing fly overs.it gets kinda creepy seeing em' flying over head,but aso gives you a good feeling that finally the USA is prepared for any new threats

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.