main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Non Spoiler Forum Brouhaha...Big Question Marks

Discussion in 'Communications' started by Fatboy_Roberts, Apr 1, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ternian

Ternian Jedi Youngling star 4

May 16, 2000
    Joey,

She may be refering to the Non-Spoiler Report Thread(V1.0). Several members including Dark Lady Mara were involved in a discussion about whether they spoiled the movie for Non-Spoiler people who looked at them. Here is my reply:

Dated 1/14

"The storyboards did reveal a bit. But it was two sequences that didn't make sense and
    caused more confusion than clarity.

Both were action sequences only. "

- Discussing the storyboards. This topic had been started by Yodaman and brought up by
    a few Non-Spoiler members regarding whether it spoiled EpII for them. I and DLM were
    watering them down.

The one about Amidala I am not too sure where this would fit. I think it might be to do with the colour of Amidala's dress. But really, I am not too sure.

Ternian

2. Steak_Sammich

Steak_Sammich Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 7, 2001
    Missy, there is a simple way to tell if the PM's are accurate. Have darthcleo log into one,or both accounts and take a look(as long one or both parties is willing).

3. The Mentos® Strikes Back

The Mentos® Strikes Back Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 4, 2000
    This is getting pathetic.

4. farraday

farraday Jedi Knight star 7

Jan 27, 2000
    I think we're past *getting*.

<sigh> can we have this locked for posterior... whoops posterity.

5. Ternian

May 16, 2000
    I gave my authorisation for DarthCleo to look at my PM's.

Ternian

6. McNerf-Burger

McNerf-Burger Jedi Youngling star 5

Nov 13, 2000
    What a coincidence....NOT! We are not that gullible.

7. Obi-Wan McCartney

Obi-Wan McCartney Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 17, 1999
    Yo, Ternian, you missed the point of my response? What do you hope to gain by continuing to fight Mara's decision? Do you hope to accomplish? Let it go! Unless you are trying to get back in the non-spoiler forum, which isn't the best idea since Mace Windy is around WAY more than Mara.

8. Ternian

May 16, 2000
    Check your PM, Obi-Wan McCartney.

9. McNerf-Burger

Nov 13, 2000
    You must give it up, for you are causing no good.

10. Crystena77

Crystena77 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 15, 1999
    I think Ternian's concern is for his name as well as the punishment he received.

When you feel you are falsely accused, you normally will fight until things are presented clearly. Because of his banning he hasn't been able to speak during all this, whereas we have. And because we have been reading and discussing this for days, some of us may be tired of it. Whereas Ternian, who has had a "muzzle" placed on him, has had to wait to speak his side.

If he did nothing wrong then his name has been "dragged through the mud", so to speak, for no good reason. And his punishment would be unwarranted.

I think that's why he won't let it die. And I think he deserves the right to clear his name. Especially here, where we have heard the admin's account of the situation, if, indeed, he's done nothing wrong.

11. Joey7F

Joey7F Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 18, 2000
    I understand both sides. I would like to get all evidence out, and then move along.

Ternian, I will PM the note DLM PMed me.

--Joey

12. Padme Bra

Padme Bra Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 2, 1999
    Yeah Obi-Wan McCartney, why do you have such a vested interest in this? Every couple posts I have to look at you screaming for Ternian to drop it. We hear you, thanks. If inappropriate action was taken against Ternian then he has a right to clear his name, whether that action was reversed or not. I don't know the facts well enough to comment one way or the other but one thing I am sure of, neither side needs someone squawking every three posts about how the matter should be dropped. You know the title of the thread. If it bothers you don't come in. I for one think the matter should be resolved one way or the other.

13. No blasters!

No blasters! Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 14, 2000
    What Bra said. I for one, am curious as to how this will turn out. And no, I don't know enough about matters to comment.

14. Mr. P

Mr. P FanFic Archive Editor, Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 1, 2000
    I think that the only way we can clear this up is to have DarthCleo go and get these PMs that 1) according to DLM, she sent multiple ones telling him to stop his wrongdoings in NS and that 2) according to Ternian, he only got one.

I think that someone is lying here. Either Ternian got multiple ones, or he got one, obviously. So someone who has the power to provide this evidence (the only one who reall can is Cleo, since ZeroSleep probably won't step in with this) so taht Ternian can either have his name cleared or not.

Of course, if Ternian doesn't want Cleo to do this, she shouldn't. But then, it precludes htat DLM is right in that case...

Ternian?

--Mr. P :cool:

15. Silmarillion

Silmarillion Manager Emerita/Ex RSA star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 20, 1999
    He's already said :
    ---
    I gave my authorisation for DarthCleo to look at my PM's.

Ternian
    ---

16. Mr. P

Mr. P FanFic Archive Editor, Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 1, 2000
    I mean, for DarthCleo to put them here for us to see that either he wasn't lying or the DLM wasn't. Because *someone's* tale is only true from a certain POV here...

--Mr. P :cool:

17. ami-padme

ami-padme Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 19, 1999
    Welcome back, Ternian.

I think having him back can only help us get to the bottom of what happened, since we can actually really hear/see both sides of it now...starting with the PMs...

18. Sith Interceptor

Sith Interceptor Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 22, 1999
    With all non-spoiler types back-wheeling and diving for cover, this next quote seems rather fitting:

"Ternian, I have been unfairly banned before, I have even been banned for posting a spoiler, which is impossible, because I don't know any spoilers."

OWM

It seems strange that if you do not know any spoilers, how is it possible Ternain has *spoiled* you?

It's getting to the stage where it has become apparent that a certain decision was made in haste.

SI

19. ami-padme

ami-padme Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 19, 1999
    It seems another NS report type thread has been started in the NS forum...I really don't get what the resolution of this was supposed to be in the NS forum, whether or not Ternian returned...

20. No blasters!

No blasters! Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 14, 2000
    //waiting to see if the mysterious PMs show up

21. Obi-Wan McCartney

Aug 17, 1999
    I stated clearly that Ternian never spoiled me. I also feel that Ternian has nothing to gain, the sway of public opinion already seems to be with him, and that he shouldn't let this incident ruin his experience here. I do have a vested interest in this matter, if you really care you can PM me. That's all.

22. Joey7F

Joey7F Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 18, 2000
    The thing is OWM, if someone says you rape small children, and you get arrested, you will be mad. You then hear that, the jury aquitted you. You will want to get your name cleared.

--Joey

23. Missninfan

Missninfan Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 6, 2000
    Can we keep that sort of comparison out of this thread, pls? It does nothing but escalate this conversation to a degree it need not be at.

Geez.

24. McNerf-Burger

Nov 13, 2000
    This is hardly the same, ecspecially since Tarnian is guilty. Did he not also return as an alias? Is that not illegal? My favorite animal is a trout.

25. Obi-Wan McCartney

Aug 17, 1999
    There is no public court here to vindicate Ternian. He is allowed to post. If this is only concerning his right to post in the non-spoiler board, I underestimated the boards appeal. I love it, I didn't know spoiler fans did too. Now I know.

If you are fighting for an apology, I garuntee you won't get it, if you are fighting to get the right to post in NSA, this is not going to help. I'm pretty sure the mods consider this issue resolved. If you really want to come back, I suggest you wait a while, be on your best non-spoiler behavior, and work something out with Mara. While I don't doubt your sincerity, I can't really believe Mara is simply out to get you out of spite. And this has nothing to do with what is right and what is wrong, you can scream about principles and ideals, but if you want to be free to post you have to know how to work the system.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.