main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Seattle, WA Norwescon party

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by geek1138, Dec 7, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. geek1138

geek1138 Jedi Youngling

Dec 7, 2006

Hi, I'd like to announce that a small group of us is hosting a Star Wars room party at Norwescon. Why? Who knows! Because we just love this stuff! We're going to have a drawing for a door prize and it might be a lightsaber or some equally nice piece of hardware. But you have to be dressed up in your best costume to win it. Even droids are eligible. Its still tentative and we would welcome any volunteers who would like to help out.

I'd like to get to know some of you before then, my name is Rick.

2. wookiesrus

wookiesrus Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 27, 2004
    Welcome to the boards Rick. When and where is the Norwescon going to be held at?

3. geek1138

geek1138 Jedi Youngling

Dec 7, 2006

All the info you could ever want on it is right here: http://www.norwescon.org/

Where are you at wookieesrus?

4. Cliodna_ben_Lhee

Cliodna_ben_Lhee Jedi Master star 4

Jul 4, 2003
    Cool, I always love the room parties at the cons. I'll definately drop by there

5. JediYvette

JediYvette Pacific RSA emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 18, 2001
    Welcome! :)

6. wookiesrus

wookiesrus Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 27, 2004
    I'm in the Lakewood-Tacoma area.

7. HankReardon

HankReardon Jedi Youngling

Sep 5, 2006

What do you need help with?

8. geek1138

geek1138 Jedi Youngling

Dec 7, 2006

Cool, I just got my avatar.

We plan to have our own bartender who some may know if you're a Norwescon regular. His name is Bob and he usually bartends for the Star Trek (don't hate me!) fan group the USS Highlander. We also need people who can help with preparing food but we will provide everything. Also, one key point that would make this party really rock would be Star Wars decor. So if anybody has any neat displays or such, we'd love to have it for the party.

9. Cliodna_ben_Lhee

Jul 4, 2003
    geek, I have a scary Jar-Jar Binks mask you could hang on the wall (It's not really scary per se, it's just a regular Jar-Jar mask--but the very thought of Jar-Jar is the scary part)

10. HankReardon

HankReardon Jedi Youngling

Sep 5, 2006

I have a friend who has a Darth Vader bust.

11. geek1138

geek1138 Jedi Youngling

Dec 7, 2006

Sure, Jar-Jar can hang out in the room. You don't mind if we have gore hanging out of his neck do you? We could make it non messy but visually effective. Soory, it's my twick and sisted mind!

12. Cliodna_ben_Lhee

Jul 4, 2003
    LOL! that would be perfect

13. geek1138

geek1138 Jedi Youngling

Dec 7, 2006

Hi gang!

An obvious notion occured to me. The food spread and drinks for the party ought to reflect the theme. Like blue milk, for example. In itself, its kind of boring, but incorporated into an inebriating libation, now that's something I could drink! Also, what is a "ruby bliels"? That's one I'll have to work out with my bartender.

I'm bringing this up to help make this thread more fun. The basic idea is to give everything a name that follows the theme of the party. Like bantha seet meat could simply be teriyaki chicken on a stick (everything tastes like chicken doesn't it?) By the way, what do Jawas and sandpeople eat?

Please offer up your most creative ideas and we will add the best ones to the menu.

Thanks everyone!

14. geek1138

geek1138 Jedi Youngling

Dec 7, 2006

Now we seem to have a serving droid for the party!

15. AmmersVI

AmmersVI Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 25, 2005
    Awesome! I might have to make it down for this event!

16. geek1138

geek1138 Jedi Youngling

Dec 7, 2006

Looks like our party is going to be a standing room only affair. I'm now getting people coming up to me at various Star Wars groups telling me about our party. And I'm seeing some discussion appearing on other forums about it. Apparently the word is getting around.

Could this have anything to do with the 30th anniversary you think?

NAW!

17. JumpinJax

JumpinJax Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 11, 2006
    In the dark here!!!
    Where is this party taking place at the con?

18. geek1138

geek1138 Jedi Youngling

Dec 7, 2006

The party will be in the "party wing" of the hotel, though we don't yet know what the room number is. But the party will be heavily promoted with flyers all over the con and party members in costume making sure everyone knows. The flyer will have large, friendly letters spelling out "STAR WARS" so you won't have a chance of missing it. And it will be Saturday night, starting at 8:00 officially and our doors will be open "unofficially" at 6:00 (the really good food will be served at 8:00).

Anybody thirsty for a Ruby Bliels?

19. Cliodna_ben_Lhee

Jul 4, 2003
    geek, do you still want the Jar Jar mask? should I PM you about where to bring it at the hotel closer to Norwescon? I plan to be there from Thursday, APR 5th on thru the entire thing

20. geek1138

geek1138 Jedi Youngling

Dec 7, 2006
    "Geek", he he, I do love the sound of that! Sorry I haven't posted in awhile. But trust me that the distractions are worthwhile. And an emphatic YES, we do still want the Jar Jar mask! I'll have to put somebody in charge of meeting up with you Cliodna.

I have to admit that I am feeling a bit nervous about this party now, what, with the 30th anniversary being this year and all (gulp). The room party might get swamped (not Dagohbah, maybe worse). If we've bitten off more than we can safely chew, at least we now have a LOT of help and I'm passing on hosting duties to another friend who is a died in wool, original star wars geek. Our bartender, btw, is a REAL bartender and one of the best I have ever met.

One addition since last report are the Twi'lek dancing girls. Yup, you heard that right! And the additional, addition of a video projection unit to project fun things and a (very secret) surprise on a large screen.

How many weeks do we have left?

YIKES!

21. Cliodna_ben_Lhee

Jul 4, 2003
    Just under 4 weeks left!

22. JumpinJax

Apr 11, 2006
    What's that around the corner? It's the party!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! [face_dancing]

23. JumpinJax

Apr 11, 2006
    A week to go! Everything still shiny?

24. Cliodna_ben_Lhee

Jul 4, 2003
    A week? more like 3 days! yay!!! (I am not counting today either, so there)

Geek, did you put someone in charge of getting with me to get the Jar Jar mask? do you still want it?
    If so, I should PM you with my cell number so someone can call me while at the con to arrange to meet up for it.

25. geek1138

geek1138 Jedi Youngling

Dec 7, 2006
    Yes and yes! The room opens at 3:00 at which time the team will begin setting up the room for the party. So please give us your cell number. It's going to be a play-it-by-ear situation, but I'm sure somebody will be able to meet with you around that time. Also, there will be flyers around the con with the room number on them, so you could just come up to the room is you'd like.

Unfortunately, I have to work so I won't be able to be there (sigh) ;(

But you all have fun anyways!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.