main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Norwich Film fair Sun 12th nov

Discussion in 'Archive: Midlands and Wales' started by IntrepidCoxie, Sep 7, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. IntrepidCoxie

IntrepidCoxie Jedi Youngling

Sep 7, 2006
    The Norwich & District Star Wars Club in conjunction with Hollywood Cinemas, will be holding it's 2nd Sci-Fi Film Fair on Sunday 12th November 2006. This will be held at the University of East Anglia, Earlham Road, Norwich.
    [image=http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b357/mrcoxie/leaflet150dpi1.jpg]

Stallholders entry from 8am.
    Public entry from 10:30am until 4pm.

David Prowse MBE - Darth Vader, Star Wars
    Jeremy Bulloch - Boba Fett, Star Wars
    Barrie Holland - Lt Renz, Star Wars
    Lightning Bear - Stormtrooper, Biker Scout, Star Wars
    Olive Levi - Senator Fema Baab, Star Wars
    Mercedes Ngoh - Rystall, Star Wars
    Phillip Appleton(Delancy) - Naboo Pilot, Star Wars
    Sophie Aldred - Ace, Dr who
    Sylvester Mcoy- Dr Who, Dr who
    Terry Malloy - Davros, Dr Who
    Warick Davis - Wicket, Star wars
    Kiran Shah - Ewok, Star Wars

How To Find The University of East Anglia

There is easy access to the University of East Anglia from the A47 Norwich Southern Bypass. (Take the B1108 Watton turnoff towards Norwich and after approximately 2.5 miles the University access road will be on the right).
    The University is also signposted on all major access routes to the City.
    The address is Earlham Road, Norwich.

The University is serviced by buses from all areas of Norwich including the Train Station.
    There is a 24 hour service from the City Centre. The bus numbers are 22, 25, 26 and 27.

2. rebeljediknight_88

rebeljediknight_88 Jedi Master star 4

Jun 15, 2005
    sounds good...ill see how much money i have. i might be limited to the NSC event

3. Lord-Wiz

Lord-Wiz Jedi Padawan star 4

May 20, 2005
    hey mark! fancy seeing you here :D

4. timbolton

timbolton Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 14, 2003
    Looks a great event :D :cool:
    Let's see if I can make over there that weekend ;)

5. go-away

go-away Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 21, 2003
    Does look good and would be a pleasure to meet up with Sophie again. Will see if the hubby fancies a drive over there. If so, my hubby and possibly any other Mancunians who can fit in the car, will be attending.

Tim - you make it over here, we can take you if you can make it.

6. IntrepidCoxie

Sep 7, 2006
    Well hopefully it will be a great day. We have a few more signings to add soon but they are not confirmed yet. Heres a link to our website
    http://norwichstarwarsclub.co.uk/sciFiFair.asp

Hey there wiz how ya doin, hope things are well mate. Whats happening about the sandman outfit you gonna have it? Its a cool outfit mate.

Anyways hi everyone hope to see ya come along.

7. halibut

halibut Ex-Mod star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 27, 2000
    I would love to come to this event and hold a table, but I could really do with some support.

The East Midlands is a huge untapped membership resource, and this seems the ideal opportunity to get our numbers boosted.

I can bring a laptop to show TESBY and TENCLO, but some backup would make all the difference.

So who's in?

8. timbolton

Mar 14, 2003
    I won't be able to travel there Hal (it's inbetween Glasgow and Manchester meets, I really don't think three weekends away will be good for me nor boards) but I'll help with funding the table, if we can still get one for you. I'll chat to Intrepidcoxie asap :D

9. veritasuk

veritasuk Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 8, 2004
    its the day after my b'day, I doubt I'll make it

10. Happy Ninja

Happy Ninja Jedi Knight star 6

Mar 20, 2000
    Translation: Hungover! :p

11. veritasuk

veritasuk Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 8, 2004
    well I was going to suggest a Night out in Nottingham with you lot but I know better than to compete with a geek event !

12. Jairen

Jairen Manager Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 1, 2000
    I was about to ask what we're doing for your birthday V. Em will have moved up by then so we'd both be coming :D

13. Lord-Tice

Lord-Tice Jedi Knight star 5

Aug 20, 2001
    Argh, the memories have come flooding back. I used to live in Earlham Road during my student times, although I went the the Norwich School of Art & Design and not UEA.

Sadly I probably wont be able to make this as it's a bit too close to the Manchester show which I'm semi-planning to attend, but I will keep a note of it as I'd like to visit Norwhich again (it's been 3 years now).

On the table front, it's much better for everyone getting as many people to help as poss, so I really hope you can get some members to join you Mark.

14. halibut

Aug 27, 2000
    Me too.

I won't be able to man a table by myself. I've never been at a table before, and so I'd need help and backup.

Besides, it hardly gives a good impression if there's only one person there, does it

15. rebeljediknight_88

Jun 15, 2005
    i think im goin to pull out of any involvement here. there is no chance of me making this!! :(

got so much stuff happening.....for a change - unfortunately i have no money

16. Lord-Tice

Lord-Tice Jedi Knight star 5

Aug 20, 2001
    Just found out this clashes with something else I'm planning to attend, so that definitely rules me out too.

For one thing it's a lot more fun when there's more people helping with the table but really sorry I can't help in any way.

17. IntrepidCoxie

Sep 7, 2006
    So what sort of table is this halibut? Do you still need a hand?

18. halibut

Aug 27, 2000
    My idea was to have a farily basic table, with a few representatives from the Midlands, with flyers available, and a laptop showing stuff we do. There would be a photo slideshow of previous meets, TENCLO, and video footage of the forums.

But I cannot do this alone. If no one else is available this time, then it will be a no-goer. Hopefully others opportunties in the East Midlands will offer themselves in the future :)

19. IntrepidCoxie

Sep 7, 2006
    It's a shame that no one else is able to help you hailibut. This is a excellent opportunity for you get established at the uea.
    I would offer a place to stay to help out people but i'm going out for a meal with all the sw guest's that are attending the fair.So i won't be able to help out there.

Is it that you need someone that is familiar with what you guys do that you need help from or can anyone help you?

20. halibut

Aug 27, 2000
    As this would be my first table, I would feel a lot more comfortable with someone I know, rather than a total stranger :)

21. Happy Ninja

Happy Ninja Jedi Knight star 6

Mar 20, 2000
    I wouldn't mind helping out with this, but Norwich is a little too far for me, I'm afraid. And because I don't always have access to a car, it puts a spanner in the works.

I don't think I'll be able to make this one, guys. :(

22. rebeljediknight_88

Jun 15, 2005
    i would offer to drive you mark! - i can nick mums car. but im not sure i free and i definately wouldnt be able to afford petrol :(

23. timbolton

Mar 14, 2003
    Shame hal. Well, if you want to get some experience of table work, you are more than welcome at the FF-UK table in Manchester in November, maybe better for you to see what we get up to there. Let me know if you can make it :D

24. halibut

Aug 27, 2000
    Oh, you can count me in for that one :D Looking forward to it!!

25. timbolton

Mar 14, 2003
    Excellent :D Will be a fun meet, we have quite a few good people coming up to this. Good when the friendship side of FF is in full swing. You'll get to meet some of the FF-UK Londoners hopefully too :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.