main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Before - Legends Not Myself (OWK/QGJ/OC's) - Complete - Replies, A/N, Links - 9/25/9

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by bek, Aug 17, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bek

bek Jedi Master star 4

Jul 20, 2005
    Valairy_Scot - will the next chapter see Kale and Obi-Wan face to face or must we wait a few chapters? They?ll meet up in the next post?I think. [face_thinking]

Qui-Gina-Jinn Thank you for this wonderful update! And thanks for the PM! You?re welcome! :)

So Obi-Wan's dad is a Jedi - hmm, guess one might have known. Though, how did he manage to have a wife and kid?? [voice_Padmé]I thought that was forbidden for a Jedi...[/voice] Yes, it is forbidden; however, as Anakin would have replied, ?We could keep it a secret.? ;)

dianethx At least Obi-Wan might be found after all, even if it's while he's robbing the place. Perhaps before. :)

Itachi-Uchiha I can't help wondering how he will react to knowing his father is a Jedi. He won?t be all that happy. :(

ratna Very nicely written, and I like where you're going with it. Thanks! :)

Obi-Wan may be "not himself' but he shines nonetheless! That he does!

Gkilkenny They will think he is a criminal, at least the people have spoken up for Obi-Wan. It may help him. The Jedi will listen before they pass judgment and the witness reports will help. ;)

I think he will be an angry young man when he discovers who his father is. He will question the matter.

But then Obi-Wans forgiving nature will kick in and he will be happy. (heres hoping) Keep your fingers crossed. [face_praying]

jedidas3 Wonderful update! I love how you are bringing the past and the present together, hopefully ending in a reunion. Thank you! The reunion should be in the next post. :)

VaderLVR64 I wonder what Obi-Wan will think of his father? Even though he longs to have his life return to the way it was, he will have difficulty adjusting. :(

Ganki I am VERY glad I found this. The plot is very interesting and unique compared to others. I very much like the AUness of however I still like the characterization of Obi-Wan. I?m glad you?re enjoying it! ;)

Wonder what will happen when they all meet, ?face to face?. [face_mischief]

Oh and if you have a PM list can you add me pwease~! You?ve been added!

ratna Whoa, whoa, whoa!! Sth just hit me. Obi-Wan is the child of a Jedi's secret marriage.... ??? Yep! :D

Sorry for being dense, it just took me a while to connect the dots. Holy [face_cow]! I love this idea. So that makes room for a whole different story when Obi meets Ani.... (not to get ahead of the story or anything). Anyway, what a great exploration this is going to be. Can't wait for more!! I?m not sure if the story will get that far. My muse hasn?t gotten past the JA era. We?ll see how things go. But thank you for your enthusiasm?you?ve got me thinking now. ;)

Chapter 4

He snuggled close, wanting to wait up until his father came home. Cera thought he wouldn't make it and would end up asleep so she had agreed. Little did she know that he was determined to be awake when his hero arrived home. They sat on the porch swing slowing swaying to and fro. The night sky was clear and the stars shown down dimly lighting the area around them. They connected the dots to form patterns and animals and shapes. She laughed with him as he told her jokes and she listened intently, encouraging him when he spoke of his dream to grow up to be just like his father. She knew he had the potential and knew the day would come when they would have to finally make a decision on his training. He was three; he had one more year before he would be too old to allow entrance into the Temple. She didn't know if she could bear to part with her son, but also knew that her husband would be there to watch over him; although, this fact did little to provide her comfort. She was his mother; she wanted to be the one to raise him.

The sound of a speeder broke through the trees. The little boy jumped u

2. Valairy Scot

Valairy Scot Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 16, 2005
    :_|

Jaw clenched in indecision, Obi-Wan was thinking furiously of how to keep them all alive. A whispered voice behind him made the decision for him, ?Take mine.?

?NO!? a woman?s voice shouted as Obi-Wan turned slowly and looked at the man behind him.

?You don?t know what you?re asking,? he said, his eyes filling with pain and denial.

With a steadiness he didn?t feel, Gavin nodded his understanding, ?Yes, I do.? He looked at his wife. ?I?m sorry, Mia.?

?Please!? she said while trying to reach out to him.

Obi-Wan looked back at his uncle?s friend and demanded, ?The woman and her children are to be released and allowed to leave the building before your
    request,? he spat the last word, ?is carried out.?

Traest grinned from ear to ear. ?Sure. He pushed the child to the floor and gestured for the mother to take them and go. She looked at her husband, her sorrow and grief shining within her gaze. She hesitated a moment before doing as she was told. Once they were safely away and the children out of sight, Obi-Wan turned to the young entrepreneur. Gavin closed his eyes, his face the facade of perfect serenity. Keeping his mind purposely numb as to not think of what he was about to do but wanting it to be painless, Obi-Wan raised the blaster pointing it directly between the man?s eyes?and fired
    :eek:

Obi-Wan did it! Not Traest - oh, this is not good, not good at all.

"I can barely recall the lessons anymore," his lip quivered slightly before he could stop it.

"They're still there, ingrained deep within you."

He wanted to believe her. Before he could stop himself, he said, ?I can?t even remember what he looked like. The mental image I had is no longer clear.?

Standing up, she took his hand and pulled him up, dragging him behind her. When she reached the fresher, she made him stand in front of her and look into the mirror. Softly, she began going each and every feature telling him from whom he had gotten it. ?Your eyes are identical to your fathers,? she began, ?Your smile,? she poked him on his good side and he grinned because of the ticklish sensation she sent through his body, ?Your mothers. Your complexion takes after your father. Your hair color is reminiscent of your mother. Your stature, your mother all the way,? she laughed. ?Your father?s at least three inches taller.?

She paused as she considered him. She took hold of his hand and smiled, ?Your father.? she said with certainty. ?I remember when he would hold your mother?s hand and she would absently stroke his knuckles.? His eyes met those of her reflection, ?You are a perfect combination of your parents, a perfect reminder of their love.? He blushed and looked away. ?Your facial features, your bone structure, half of the gestures you make, your father,? she whispered. ?The way your jaw tightens when you get upset is identical to your mother.? When he looked back at his image, she continued, ?He?s right there in front of you, Obi-Wan. All you have to do is look.? Resting a hand over the one that held his arm, he squeezed gently. [/i]

Aw...[face_love]

3. ratna

ratna Jedi Knight star 4

Mar 1, 2007
    whoa, whoa, whoa ... what a horrid memory! the whole post was simply heartwrenching. AND very well-written!

btw, i'm also working my way through "beyond the code", will comment when I get caught up. (almost there, loving it all the way.)

4. Gkilkenny

Gkilkenny Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 27, 2004
    Oh so sad, All the pain and suffering poor Obi-Wan,
    some one get him out of there.:_|

Poor kid.:_|

Lovely uppdate sad.=D=

5. Itachi-Uchiha

Itachi-Uchiha Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 21, 2007
    Very touching flashback to the memories Obi has of his father. It will be easy to understand if he is angry once his father reappears after so long. Once he learns his father is a Jedi Obi-Wan will no doubt find it even harder to believe it was so hard to track him and his aunt down. :( SO Obi has been forced to kill. Some major scars and hurdles for the Jedi and most importantly his father to overcome. Loving this. :)

6. VaderLVR64

VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2004
    What a beautiful, but heartbreaking, chapter! :_| =D=

7. jedidas3

jedidas3 Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 25, 2007
    Here's a big hug for Obi![:D] He needs to get out of there! Wonderful update! Waiting anxiously for more!

8. bek

bek Jedi Master star 4

Jul 20, 2005
    Valairy_Scot Obi-Wan did it! Not Traest - oh, this is not good, not good at all. Yes, he did it, and it's haunts him. :(

ratna whoa, whoa, whoa ... what a horrid memory! the whole post was simply heartwrenching. Then my job here is done. [face_mischief]

AND very well-written! Thank you! [face_blush]

Gkilkenny Oh so sad, All the pain and suffering poor Obi-Wan, some one get him out of there. Poor kid. Don't worry, someone will come soon. However, just because you take the boy out of the situation, doesn't mean you can take the situation out of the boy. :(

Itachi-Uchiha Very touching flashback to the memories Obi has of his father. It will be easy to understand if he is angry once his father reappears after so long. Once he learns his father is a Jedi Obi-Wan will no doubt find it even harder to believe it was so hard to track him and his aunt down. There will be some difficulties.

SO Obi has been forced to kill. Some major scars and hurdles for the Jedi and most importantly his father to overcome. Their work is cut out for them.

Loving this. Thanks! [face_blush]

VaderLVR64 What a beautiful, but heartbreaking, chapter! Thanks! :)

jedidas3 Here's a big hug for Obi! He needs to get out of there! :eek: This coming from the queen of angst? [cough:Best Intentions:cough] :D

Chapter 5

Lladnar Institute wasn't as uptown as the others, but it still held enough wealth that it had attracted Traest and Nayt's interest. Walking around the building, feeling out the grounds and the backdrop, Obi-Wan made some mental notes before entering the foyer. After taking survey of the guards and employees on duty, he took a seat in the lobby to observe the day's activities.

An article on the front page the local newspaper caught his attention; he was engrossed in the commentary when his senses went on alert. There was something here. When he looked over the edge of the paper, he saw two Jedi walk into the building. His pulse sped up. Not good, he thought. He raised his shields as tightly as he could get them, and laying the paper down on the table beside him, he stood and made his way toward the exit. Not wanting to draw attention to himself, he slowed his pace to that of those around him. When one of the Jedi looked his way, he purposely ignored them and went about his way.

The two men performed a sweep of the premises. Callen's senses kept drawing his gaze to the young man across the foyer. Intrigued by the teen, he gestured to his colleague and together they followed the young one out of the institution.

"Hello,? Zarek called, trying to catch the lad's attention. ?My name is Zarek Callen and my friend here is Qui-Gon Jinn." He sped up his pace until he was side by side with the boy. "May we ask you a few questions?"

Obi-Wan stumbled but quickly regained his balance when the Jedi cut in front of him. "What kind of questions?" he asked, annoyed. Checking to make sure his mind was closed to those around him, the young man kept his features calm when he felt brief and fluttering touches against his shields.

"We're here to investigate the raids that have occurred at various financial buildings. Have you seen or heard anything?"

Obi-Wan shook his head, "No, I haven't. If you'll excuse me, I must go."

Obi-Wan panicked, for a split second, when he felt the Jedi take hold of his arm; he force pushed the man away. Not waiting to see where the other ended up or if he was okay, the teen turned and ran.

Callen pushed himself up, "I guess he doesn?t want to talk."

?It would appear so." Qui-Gon helped his friend up. ?What do you think??

?Well, he?s had some training somewhere, though the push was a bit off kilter. There?s only one way to find out. Let's go,? Callen replied and together they took off after the teen.

Obi-Wan ran as fast as his legs would carry him, his side protesting as his breathing increased f

9. dianethx

dianethx Jedi Grand Master star 6

Mar 1, 2002
    I liked how they found Obi-Wan and that at first he was panicking but then started to cry. I would imagine he's very confused.

Qui-Gon rose from his seat and began clearing away the cups, "I think it's time we called it a night. We have a busy day before us tomorrow."

"I'll take first shift. I have a feeling as soon as he wakes and gains some clarity, he's not only not going to be happy, but he'll try and make a run for it," Callen said.

Kale nodded sadly, "As much as it pains me, I agree."

Yep, he may run.

Good job.

10. Valairy Scot

Sep 16, 2005
    He watched his son with interest, watching for any sign of recognition. As the pieces began to fit together he saw Obi-Wan's eyes snap up to meet his. "I've been searching for him everyday since he disappeared, hoping to find him,? his words were slow and deliberate. ?His name?is Obi-Wan Kenobi."
    The young man sat stunned. His breathing began to increase, his lungs craving large gulps of air. Soon he was hyperventilating. Quickly rising from the cot, he tried to walk to the small open port for some fresh air. When he felt arms reach out to steady him, he threw them off and stumbled toward the partially open window. He couldn't think; he couldn't breath. He fell forward, stretching out his hands to break his fall, but was instead caught by a pair of strong arms before he could hit the floor. He felt someone pulling on him and thrashed to get away. When his vision began to blur from the lack of oxygen, he stopped his struggle in attempt to take a breath. The Jedi pulled the teen against his chest, the reassuring cadence the young man remembered so well beating beneath his ear. A dozen or more images flashed through the boy's minds eye as if they had suddenly been released from confinement. He saw his father?s face for the first time in years, noticing how it matched perfectly, except for the years that had been added, to the one now above him.

"Shhh," he heard the deep rumble coax. "Take a deep breath. Slow and even, that's it?now another?and another?that's it."

He could feel a hand rubbing his back in a circular pattern, the same way he had felt when he was a small boy. His lip quivered, and his arms suddenly snaked around the man holding him, his hands grasping the man?s tunic in tight fists. A sob broke free, and then another. Seven years of pent up emotion bubbled to the surface. The dam broke, ran over by the hurricane of chaos behind it. Kale slid the rest of the way to the floor, leaning against the wall closest to him. Tears of relief and joy flowed down his cheeks as he held his son. His son. He had finally found him and from what he could see of the marks that were visible, not a moment too soon.

Obi-Wan stayed in his father's embrace, his hold tight, for the remainder of the afternoon. He refused to let go signally to the Jedi that the boy had been through too much for someone so young.

When night came, Kale and the others moved Obi-Wan to their quarters. The young man was quiet, not at all like the rambunctious child he had once been or the sarcastic cautious teen they had come upon. He kept a hold of Kale's sleeve and protested with his eyes when his father tried to leave his side even if for a moment. They soon discovered that Obi-Wan seemed comfortable in Qui-Gon's presence and that the Jedi Master was a suitable substitute when Kale was out of sight.

Oh...break my heart, why don't you?:_|

Such a - heart-breaking - reunion...but that was probably the easy part. Now they have to get his aunt away from his uncle and be sure Obi-Wan doesn't run off.

11. Gkilkenny

Mar 27, 2004

Oh my, what can I say, I can cry:_| because it was wonderful. I can [:D] because they found him and he clung to his father. I just loved the whole chapter.:*

They are wise to stand guard for Obi-Wan will feel many emotions when he wakes, I am certain guilt will be one of them for what he has been doing of late.:oops:

Well done=D=

12. jedidas3

Apr 25, 2007
    :_| Absolutely beautiful! What a heart breaking reunion--I'm so glad that Kale and Obi-Wan have found each other once again. I could see their reunion happening in my mind as I read it and reread it! I love stories like that! Wonderful job and I'm anxiously waiting for more! [face_praying]

13. VaderLVR64

Feb 5, 2004
    Kale looked across the room at his friend, "He's puzzled." A small smile accompanied the words. Shaking his head, Kale took a deep breath. When the words came they were almost in a whisper, "I can hardly believe we found him. I've hoped for this for so long and now I?m not sure what to do."

Callen patted his friend on the shoulder, "Just be his father. I sense that's what he needs the most even if he chooses to disagree."

"I think he inherited Cera's height," Qui-Gon added, trying to lighten the mood.

Kale nodded, smiling in sweet remembrance, "He has her hair color too."

"Perhaps, but his eyes have Kenobi written all over them."

Kale looked at Callen and with a slight nod of agreement he placed his cup on the table in front of him before stretching to loosen cramped muscles.
    Qui-Gon rose from his seat and began clearing away the cups, "I think it's time we called it a night. We have a busy day before us tomorrow."

"I'll take first shift. I have a feeling as soon as he wakes and gains some clarity, he's not only not going to be happy, but he'll try and make a run for it," Callen said.

Kale nodded sadly, "As much as it pains me, I agree."

Kale is just such a wonderful character! I love him! [face_love] A superb update. =D=

14. Itachi-Uchiha

Jul 21, 2007
    Love the way you handled Obi-Wan's initial encounter with the Jedi. Although I'm sure Kale is right and his son's tears and clinging will soon turn to anger. Very interesting that Obi-Wan is so comfortable with Jinn already. [face_thinking]

15. bek

bek Jedi Master star 4

Jul 20, 2005
    dianethx I liked how they found Obi-Wan and that at first he was panicking but then started to cry. I would imagine he's very confused.

A lot happened a bit too quickly for him to process it all with any clarity. He needs time to come to some understanding of how he feels about it all. :)

Valairy_Scot Such a - heart-breaking - reunion...but that was probably the easy part. Now they have to get his aunt away from his uncle and be sure Obi-Wan doesn't run off.

They'll have some issues to deal with. :(

Gkilkenny They are wise to stand guard for Obi-Wan will feel many emotions when he wakes, I am certain guilt will be one of them for what he has been doing of late.

They'll be ready if he tries to make a break for it. :) As for guilt, that won't be one of the emotions he has to deal with?yet. [face_mischief]

jedidas3 Absolutely beautiful! What a heart breaking reunion--I'm so glad that Kale and Obi-Wan have found each other once again. I could see their reunion happening in my mind as I read it and reread it! I love stories like that! Wonderful job and I'm anxiously waiting for more!

Thanks! :)

VaderLVR64 Kale is just such a wonderful character! I love him!

Thank you! I'm rather fond of him myself. :)

Itachi-Uchiha Love the way you handled Obi-Wan's initial encounter with the Jedi. Although I'm sure Kale is right and his son's tears and clinging will soon turn to anger.

Thanks! :) And they will have some things to discuss.

Very interesting that Obi-Wan is so comfortable with Jinn already.

There's a little more explanation in this post. Though, it's only a sentence or two. :)

Chapter 6

The apartment was quiet except for the sounds of morning that echoed through the closed windowpanes. The bright light of daybreak peaked through the lightweight material covering the window. The ticking of an older clock reverberated around the room creating an oddly comforting sound. The lone figure within the bed slowly stretched, his legs straightening and his arms reaching high over his head. When his muscles were satiated, he reached over and pulled the cover tighter around him. He was comfortable, warm, and for the first time in a very long time, he felt safe; his eyes instantly opened at that thought and he sat up. Looking around, he took in the sight of the room. It was lavishly furnished, not at all what he was accustomed to.

Closing his eyes and laying back on the pillow, he tried to recollect the prior day?s events. His mind was clouded with sleep, but he pushed through the fog going over everything from the day before: Lladnar Financial Institution, the Jedi, running, jail, his fa?. His father was alive. He shook his head. No?no,no,no,no?the litany continued in his head as got up and looked for his clothes. What he found was a fresh outfit laid neatly on the chair across the room. Not picky about what he was going to wear, he quickly dressed and sat down to put his boots on.

Making sure that he hadn?t forgotten anything, Obi-Wan opened the door to find Master Jinn standing on the other side. Offering the young man a smile, the Jedi said, "I was just on my way in to check on you."

Qui-Gon regarded the young man who would have, under different circumstances, become his padawan. Noticing the caution with which the teen watched him with, he tried to put him at ease, "I thought you would have slept a bit longer. I was about to prepare some breakfast, would you like something to eat?" Qui-Gon gestured toward the kitchen.

"I?I?m not hungry."

The force gently nudged the Jedi Master causing Qui-Gon to take inventory of the situation. The boy was dressed in the clothes Kale had left for him. The hour was early and the teen was up and dressed. Putting two and two together, Qui-Gon realized what the young man meant to do.

"Were you going somewhere?" he asked quietly.

Obi-Wan gave a curt nod, "I'm going home." The words sounded hollow to his ears; he

16. ratna

ratna Jedi Knight star 4

Mar 1, 2007
    Obi-Wan ran as fast as his legs would carry him, his side protesting as his breathing increased from the strain on his lungs. Twelve blocks later he stopped for a short respite, a hand held against his side, trying to catch his breath. When his senses went on alert, he looked up to see two tan figures round the corner.

"Sith!"

[face_laugh] No, Obi, not Sith, Jedi.

Wow, the whole interrogation scene was awesome!! Great job, bek!

"Stay out of my head! That place belonged to my father!"

That got me big time.

Love the transformation from sarcastic to clinging. Yes, I agree he is a flight risk. Luckily he's got 3 great Jedi on the case. What a pendulum swing his current circumstances are compared to last post.

KEEP ME POSTED!

17. ratna

ratna Jedi Knight star 4

Mar 1, 2007
    Whoa, no sooner did I put up comments than the new post comes down the pike!![:D]

Love it! The dialogues ring true to life!

Having watched the scenario play out before him, Qui-Gon studied the youth while using his senses to feel out the situation. To his amazement, and with neither his nor the boy's help, a fledgling bond had begun to develop in the short time they had been reunited.

If it's meant to be, it's meant to be!!

Sweet post!

18. Itachi-Uchiha

Jul 21, 2007
    Qui-Gon regarded the young man who would have, under different circumstances, become his padawan.

ahhhhhh...:D It may be wrong to feel this way, but I hope Obi-Wan gets the chance to make these creeps pay. :mad:

19. Gkilkenny

Mar 27, 2004
    Excellent post so glad he didn't run away from them.=D=

Having watched the scenario play out before him, Qui-Gon studied the youth while using his senses to feel out the situation. To his amazement, and with neither his nor the boy's help, a fledgling bond had begun to develop in the short time they had been reunited.

The force knows who should be his padawan even at Obi-Wans age bonds dont form for nothing. Qui-Gon should realise this facto_O

20. Valairy Scot

Sep 16, 2005
    Obi-Wan squeezed his way through the door frame and the man blocking it, "He was gone more than he was there."

Catching the boy by the arm, the elder asked, "You would rather stay with someone who treats you less than you deserve than to be with someone who has loved and taken care of you since the day you were born?"

"Since the day I was born?" Obi-Wan scoffed, "Where's he been for the last seven years?"

"Looking for you as well as performing his duty as a Jedi."

"That's another thing, Jinn?he lied to me. They all lied to me." He pulled his arm out of the man's grasp and began visually searching the room. When he located the front door, he took a step towards it.

"How did they lie, Obi-Wan?"

Qui-Gon's quiet voice stopped the young man in his tracks. Not turning around, he answered, "By omission."

"You were too young to know the truth. The chance of you verbally slipping in front of someone who needn't have that information was too high? The majority of your father's work involves undercover missions."

Obi-Wan walked over to the door before turning to meet Qui-Gon's gaze, "I spent the last seven years with a man who would as soon sell me than have to put up with me! If I had known that my father was alive, where he was," lifting a hand he ran his fingers through his hair, one of many outward signs that he was upset, "maybe I wouldn't have turned out like,? his tirade died down and he gestured to himself, "perhaps I wouldn't have turned out like this," he whispered.

Both the "abandoned" boy and the young man who thinks he's past saving show so clearly here...it makes my heart hurt.

"Obi-Wan!" His father reprimanded, his voice firm. He had thought to tiptoe around the teen until they had a better understanding of one another, until he felt the reassurance of the force pushing him to take action as the father he was, the father the boy needed him to be. The young man didn't so much as flinch or indicate that he had heard. Kale walked over to him and turned him around, "You have my permission to be angry with me. You can yell, you can scream, or you can strike me if it makes you feel better, but you will not address others with the disrespect you are showing now. I know your mother and I taught you better than that."

That's right, be his father, be what he needs even if it is not what he wants.

Callen looked over the young man's head and met Jinn's gaze, "I think we have every right to put our noses into this. His side is bruised; I wouldn't be surprised if he had a fractured rib or two and his back looks to have been whipped, and I?m not supposed to interfere? I don't have a child of my own, but if anyone ever treated my padawan the way this boy has been treated, I'd?" Catching himself before he said something he shouldn't, he turned his attention back to the young one in front of him and for a flicker of a moment saw the young toddler he had met so many years before.

"Did you hear anything Kale just said? You stand here with the nerve to be angry with him because he wasn't honest about his job profession or because you feel abandoned or the fact that he was late in getting home. He lives with the latter of the two every day, child?He lost his wife and his son in the same day."

Quicker than the eye could catch, Obi-Wan pushed Callen back, "I LOST MY PARENTS AND THE ONLY LIFE I HAD EVER KNOWN THAT DAY!?
    :_|

21. dianethx

dianethx Jedi Grand Master star 6

Mar 1, 2002
    Good job with this. I liked how Kale and Obi-Wan were able to at least talk about the situation.

This was telling.
    Having watched the scenario play out before him, Qui-Gon studied the youth while using his senses to feel out the situation. To his amazement, and with neither his nor the boy's help, a fledgling bond had begun to develop in the short time they had been reunited. "What does he have on you?"

Obi-Wan turned to look at the Jedi Master. For a moment, the three men thought that he may not answer, and then, "Everything."

I would imagine that he's really worried about his aunt. They need to make sure she's all right before anything else can happen.

Looking forward to more.

22. jedidas3

Apr 25, 2007
    :eek: And you called methe queen of angst? I don't think so! Wow! The tension between Kale and Obi-Wan had me on the edge of my seat! I wasn't sure who to feel sorry for, both Kale and Obi-Wan had such valid arguments. I could feel the emotions pouring off the page. Excellent job and I'm anxiously waiting for more![face_praying]

23. VaderLVR64

Feb 5, 2004
    Heart breaking. :_| What else can I say?

"You were too young to know the truth. The chance of you verbally slipping in front of someone who needn't have that information was too high? The majority of your father's work involves undercover missions."

Obi-Wan walked over to the door before turning to meet Qui-Gon's gaze, "I spent the last seven years with a man who would as soon sell me than have to put up with me! If I had known that my father was alive, where he was," lifting a hand he ran his fingers through his hair, one of many outward signs that he was upset, "maybe I wouldn't have turned out like,? his tirade died down and he gestured to himself, "perhaps I wouldn't have turned out like this," he whispered.

"Maybe I would have had a chance?" his voice trailed off and he took a deep breath. "It doesn?t matter anymore; it's too late." Turning toward the door, Obi-Wan pressed his palm on the panel to the side. The door swished open and when he went to step out, a hand on his shoulder stopped him. He heard a voice whisper near his ear, "Don't leave, son."

Obi-Wan's posture tensed. He could feel his father through the bond they had shared since his birth. Shrugging his arm out from under the firm grasp that held it, he raised his shields to block the older man from his thoughts. Realizing he wouldn't get out of there anytime soon, he walked back to the sitting area and stood behind one of the chairs. Kale's eyes lowered when he felt the connection disappear. Leaning forward, he palmed the panel to close the door before walking over to sit across from his son.

Silence stretched between them for some time before Obi-Wan finally broke it. "You didn't come home."

Not insulting his son by feigning ignorance, Kale nodded. "The assignment I was on delayed my arrival."

"And she died for it!" he replied, his gaze hard with accusation.

Kale swallowed the lump forming in his throat. He had blamed himself so many times for the death of his wife and apparently, his son did to. "Do you blame me for her death, or for the life you've had to live?"

=D=

24. bek

bek Jedi Master star 4

Jul 20, 2005
    ratna Wow, the whole interrogation scene was awesome!!

Thank you. I was wondering if it came across okay. :)

Love the transformation from sarcastic to clinging. Yes, I agree he is a flight risk. Luckily he's got 3 great Jedi on the case.

Maybe not so lucky in Obi-Wan?s opinion, those three are determined to make him stay put. ;)

Whoa, no sooner did I put up comments than the new post comes down the pike!!

I think we just crossed each other by a few seconds. :p

Love it! The dialogues ring true to life!

Thanks! :D

Itachi-Uchiha ahhhhhh... It may be wrong to feel this way, but I hope Obi-Wan gets the chance to make these creeps pay.

Don?t get your hopes up too high. :( He may get a little payback, but not what he?s probably hoping.

Gkilkenny Excellent post so glad he didn't run away from them.

Thanks. :) I think Obi-Wan knew if he left, they would just bring him back kicking and screaming. He was a bit outnumbered. :p

The force knows who should be his padawan, even at Obi-Wan?s age bonds don?t form for nothing. Qui-Gon should realize this fact.

Qui-Gon isn?t necessarily pushing the idea away, he?s just a bit surprised by the discovery. ;)

Valairy_Scot That's right, be his father, be what he needs even if it is not what he wants.

Kale and Obi-Wan have a long road ahead of them. There will some steps forward, and many steps back. :)

dianethx Good job with this. I liked how Kale and Obi-Wan were able to at least talk about the situation.

Thanks! :) Obi-Wan had too many questions and accusations to hold them all in. And Kale wasn?t about to alienate his son by pushing his worries aside.

jedidas3 And you called me the queen of angst? I don't think so!

I do! :p I?m still wondering what?s going to happen with Obi-Wan?s journal, and, the fact that some sadistic darksider is wanting to ruin his newly formed relationship with Qui-Gon. [face_worried] Any hints? :D

Wow! The tension between Kale and Obi-Wan had me on the edge of my seat! I wasn't sure who to feel sorry for, both Kale and Obi-Wan had such valid arguments. I could feel the emotions pouring off the page. Excellent job and I'm anxiously waiting for more!

Thank you! :) I was hoping that the arguments would be balanced on both sides. Kale and Obi-Wan were equally hurt in all of this. :(

VaderLVR64 Heart breaking. What else can I say?

Then my job here is done! ;)

Author's Note: My muse is on a roll! :p Hope you enjoy! :D

Chapter 7

They were a family on vacation needing extra funds to help with their expenses. At least, that was the facade. Nayt, Jes, and Obi-Wan entered the Lladnar and went to the center isle to fill out the paperwork that would bring them their fortune. Traest entered a few minutes later wandering the premises looking for anyone or anything that would try to thwart his big payday.

"Why can't she wait in the speeder?" He asked for the umpteenth time.

Nayt calmly continued his task while answering, "It looks more legit if there's a mother figure in this little family charade."

"I think they'd buy a father and son unit," Obi-Wan replied, his mind overwrought with the prospect of his aunt being in harms way. Thinking there might be a way to get her out of this, he leaned forward to address his uncle, "Send her to wait outside and I'll do whatever you tell me to without question."

Nayt grinned somewhat and looked over at his nephew. He saw the defiance that burned within the young man?s gaze, yet the teens features showed nothing but resignation. "You're serious?" He asked with a hint of disbelief.

The teen nodded his consent.

"Jes, go wait in the speeder."

She shook her head, her eyes narrowing at the two beside her, "I will be fine right here."

Obi-Wan's gaze flickered t

25. Gkilkenny

Mar 27, 2004
    Aww! so sad and in the end Obi-Wan still had
    feelings for Nayt:_|

How powerful is Obi-Wan if he could knock Jedi Masters off their feet.o_O

Qui-Gon has to take him as his Padawan now. All that raw power needs to be harnessed.

Well done with the fight scene=D=

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.