main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Nov. 1 FanForce meeting

Discussion in 'Archive: Tulsa, OK' started by DarthPaul1971, Oct 28, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarthPaul1971

DarthPaul1971 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 24, 2002
    Ok we've got the when, now we need the where.

2. MysticTrunks01

MysticTrunks01 Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 25, 2002
    Actually we are going to push it back to the Nov 8th. We were going to announce that today, but well, you beat me to it hehe.

There are reasons for this, one of which is we are giving one person that long to contact us. If no contact is made things will be done to rectify the situation.
    Another is since it is also a holloween weekend many people will not make it. If people want a holloween party still go for it, but we'll hold the meeting till on the 8th instead.

As for the wear, well we got an extra week to figure it out now. ^_^

3. gw2tulsa

gw2tulsa Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 6, 2002
    Mike is right. An ongoing situtation is STILL ongoing and we have laid out and ultimatum to have answered. That answer (or lack of) will have a very important impact on the Nov. 8th meeting.

On behalf of the council I apologizze for the delay. However, it is in the best interest of this group we take care of this issue first.

Have a good day,
    Gary Weaver II

4. Shadoe42

Shadoe42 Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 30, 2001
    I will be unable to make this meeting. Due to some rather major changes in the last month in my life I am uncertain as to just what I will or will not have time to do in the future. A quick synopsis for those who do not know.

3 weeks ago I recieved a phone call about 3 in the afternoon at work. It was a cousin informing me my grandfather was on the way to the hospital and had seemed to have had a stroke. The severity of which was unknown at the time. Soooo to make a really long story much shorter .... the end result of 3 weeks of hecticness is I am moving back into my grandparents house to help provide care for my grandfather, my grandmother had to be put into an alzhiemer's ward. And that situation is still ongoing. Needless to say many changes have happened in a short period of time. And they are not over yet as we are still picking up the pieces. I do however finally plan on returning to work this coming Monday and hopefully life will begin to settle down to a semblance of normal.

5. GENERAL_FEL

GENERAL_FEL Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 10, 2001
    Best wishes on your family's health, Ed.

Come back to work, dude. There's no one here that will even acknowledge my "fanboy" episodes. :( I feel lonely.

As for attending the November 8th meeting...sorry, but I cannot. My wife and I are attending the 228th United States Marine Corps Birthday Ball with the Marines of TOW (AT) Company at the Doubletree that night.

I will, therefore, vote by proxy. Question is, am I voting for one or two council seats? Alas, I know that this is an ongoing situation that will hopefully be remedied soon.

6. pinata242

pinata242 Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 29, 2002
    Sorry to hear that, Ed. You and your grandparents will be in my prayers. Here's hoping for a speedy recovery!

7. FaceLoran

FaceLoran Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 10, 1999
    Unfortunately, Jake, we won't know for sure until the meeting, unless the situation is resolved before then.

8. IMAXPoe

IMAXPoe Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 3, 2003
    Sorry to hear that Ed. Amanda and I will also have you and your grandparents in our prayers.

9. Shadoe42

Aug 30, 2001
    I am planning on coming back Monday Jake, I should have everything finished up at the apartment Friday. Other things are settling down to so hopefully things will get back to normal.. all told when it is over I will have taken 156 hours of vacation out of the 200 I had built up.

My grandfather by the way is doing quite well. Physically you would not know he had a stroke. He does however have some short term memory issues and a few communications issues but no where near what it could have been had this been a major stroke. But is has caused quite the upheavel in the family and in my life in particular hehe

10. Maumi

Maumi Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 28, 2002
    Ed, that sucks bad!!! You are in our prayers as well.

11. gw2tulsa

Apr 6, 2002
    Ed, you are in our thoughts and I hope things work out well for you...

Now onto the council votes... All members will be voting in either ONE or TWO council members next weekend. As Mike said, we don't know for sure yet. However, we are hoping to get it resolved in some fashion ASAP. I'll be making more calls today as soon as I finish work here.

Also, if anyone has copies of the cancelled checks with their Fan Force dues I would greatly appreciate it if you could call me or drop a message. I need to know routing information from the back of that check. Specifically, I need the account # and bank it was cashed through...

Many Thanks,
    -Gary Weaver II

12. IMAXPoe

Feb 3, 2003
    I will talk with Amanda(she's the banker at our house) and see what we can find to help you out Gary.

Heath

13. Shadoe42

Aug 30, 2001
    hehe don't count me completely out. Right now I am not sure how my scedule will fall out. On weekends however I will be the primary provider for my granddad...making sure he gets his medications...driving him where he needs to go...so that will take precendence of everything I do. Lots of changes going on right now..still not sure of all of them.

14. IMAXPoe

Feb 3, 2003
    Okay Gary we are no help since Amanda just realized that I paid with caah. Sorry :( ........ Hopefully somebody else can find the info.

Heath

15. gw2tulsa

Apr 6, 2002
    Heath,

Thanks for the effort. Its really no problem.

In a way I feel that as a council member I let this group down. I made the mistake of trusting someone with our group funds and now it would appear that trust has been seriously abused.

I'm sure the remaining members on the council would agree that we had absolutely no idea this would happen. The best we can do now is figure out just what is going on...

I'm sure I'll hear from my bank tomorrow or monday. Hopefully by the middle of this next week we can let everyone know more of whats going on...

-Gary

16. AladdinSane

AladdinSane Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 2, 2003
    Gary,

I tried looked up the check information from the web interface to get a check image. Unfortuantely, the records only go back 90 days. I can probably contact the bank and have them pull the check image for me if you need me to do so. They are pretty good about it. I'll try to try tomorrow.

Russ

17. GENERAL_FEL

GENERAL_FEL Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 10, 2001
    "In a way I feel that as a council member I let this group down. I made the mistake of trusting someone with our group funds and now it would appear that trust has been seriously abused."

Gary, no one should be beating themselves up for this. Not you, nor any council member. We'll get through this, just fine.

18. MaStErOfThEfOrCe2002

MaStErOfThEfOrCe2002 Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 2, 2002
    Jake's right Gary, none of you council members deserve to have the blame dropped on you. It wasn't your responsibility, it was Lisa's. You guys had mo way of forseeing this, even the Lord Emperor Supreme didn't expect this. I think we paid cash, but I can ask my mom just in case. I'm always ready to help out where I can, as are my parents :).

19. AladdinSane

AladdinSane Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 2, 2003
    Gary,

My bank pulled the check and is faxing it to me. I assume you would like a copy ?

I agree, noone is to blame .. there could even be a good reason for the disappearance.

rs

20. IMAXPoe

Feb 3, 2003
    Everyone has it right Gary. No one is to blame. Stuff happens. And if anyone should have forseen this it would have been the Lord Emperor Supreme and he didn't catch it so no one should.

This too shall pass.

21. MaStErOfThEfOrCe2002

MaStErOfThEfOrCe2002 Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 2, 2002
    Does anybody have any new informaion on the "situation" or the meeting? Or am I a few days early, if you want I'll wait til thursday night ;).

22. FaceLoran

FaceLoran Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 10, 1999
    The meeting will be at Amanda (banditajs) & Russ's (AladdinSane) place as we discussed at the Halloween party. It will be at 7pm.

23. banditajs

banditajs Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 31, 2002
    PM Russ or myself for directions to the house. We have all kinds of drinks so if you want to bring something to snack on your more than welcome.

24. gw2tulsa

Apr 6, 2002
    I will have a situation report up for everyone Thursday night - I hope. I'm still gathering information at the moment and needing to make some decisions on a few things...

Now here is where I need some info from you all...

Kara- Please contact me via PM or E-mail. You have some info I need in "the book" of our meeting notes. I need some of that info ASAP

Billy- Ring me up or PM when you get a chance. I've tried calling and can't get through

I think thats about it. Expect some more stuff tomorrow...

-Gary Weaver

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.