main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Now That We Have Our Own Board.........

Discussion in 'Archive: Fraser Valley, BC' started by clee94, Feb 18, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. clee94

clee94 Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 12, 2002
    Lets just see what everyones status is here in the valley...

Name:
    How Often Do You Log On To The Forums:
    LETS MAKE THIS AN OFFICIAL FF CHAPTER (Y/N):

here is mine

Name:Chris
    How Often Do You Post:When I find a topic that tickles my fancy, but now that we have our own board...
    How Often Do You Log On To The Forums:Daily
    LETS MAKE THIS AN OFFICIAL FF CHAPTER (Y/N):YES!!!!!!

2. Child_of_the_Force

Child_of_the_Force Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 23, 2004
    Name: Shaun
    How Often Do You Post: When I feel I can contribute
    How Often Do You Log On To The Forums: Usually once a day
    LETS MAKE THIS AN OFFICIAL FF CHAPTER (Y/N): I don't know what an official FF chapter is. Sorry.

3. Rani Veko

Rani Veko Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 22, 2000
    I don't know what an official FF chapter is. Sorry.

I hope no one minds if I try to explain this one...

Child_of_the_Force, and anyone else that might want more information, here is a link to the FanForce Frequently Asked Questions. It has all kinds of info on FanForce, chapters, and how the whole orgnization is set up.

Here's a few excerpts from the FAQ, and I coloured a few passages in red that I thought Fraser Valley folks might find useful in this particular instance:

[i] WHAT IS A FANFORCE CHAPTER?[/i]

[color=red]A Fanforce chapter is essentially an area (whether it be a city, state or country) that has its own board on Fanforce.[/color]

There are two types of chapters: official and unofficial.

Both official chapters and unofficial chapters are recognised by Fanforce although we do try and encourage chapters to become official.

[i]WHAT IS AN "OFFICIAL" CHAPTER?[/i]

[color=red]An official chapter is a chapter that has had three meetings, with at least three people in attendance, posted on the Fanforce main page.[/color] They receive all sorts of perks and priveleges that unofficial chapters are not entitled to.

[i]HOW DO WE BECOME AN OFFICIAL CHAPTER?[/i]

Once you have your own board on Fanforce and three people posting regularly, [color=red]all you need to do is plan and execute three meetings with at least three people in attendance per meeting. Get someone to notify your Regional Support Administrator of the details of these meetings before they occur, who will in turn post the details on the main page.

At the conclusion of the third meet you will become an official Fanforce chapter.[/color]

[i]WHY SHOULD WE BECOME AN OFFICIAL FANFORCE CHAPTER?[/i]

As an official chapter, you will receive many "perks" and other benefits that are not given to unofficial chapters. A full list of these are:

- The ability to customise your forum's banner
    - the ability to customise your forum's colour scheme
    - You are able to elect and have a CR promoted
    - You are allowed to have your board's header changed by a manager at will. This includes both links and forum announcements
    - You are allowed to have the auto-prune feature turned off in your forum
    - You are allowed to have your own customised chapter icon uploaded
    - You can choose an official chapter name and have it listed next to your chapter's link on the listing for your region
    - You can have the editing time in your forum changed [color=blue](Rani's ed: or even made [i]unlimited[/i]!)[/color]

So as you can see, there are a lot of reasons for becoming an official chapter instead of remaining an unofficial one.

[hr]

I hope that helps a bit...

[i]- Rani[/i]

4. finster_the_hutt

finster_the_hutt Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 3, 2003
    Name: Josh
    How Often Do You Post:
    How Often Do You Log On To The Forums: Multiple times a week
    LETS MAKE THIS AN OFFICIAL FF CHAPTER (Y/N): why the hell not!

5. clee94

clee94 Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 12, 2002
    well put Rani *Thumbs Up*

6. Rani Veko

Rani Veko Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 22, 2000
    Are you guys going to start planning your first activity soon? Is there somewhere in the area that you can meet up together?

Just to give you folks a little encouragement, Calgary fans were given a forum at the same day you were, and they're now planning their first meeting, too.

Don't let the amount of time this is taking discourage you, but do try to keep the momentum going! Don't sit back and wait for one person among you to organize everything, just take the initiative and PM or e-mail one another. Find out what your mutual interests are, arrange to meet up, and post in your forum a time, date, and public location at which you're going to meet for that activity. Make sure you let an RSA know, too.

If a total of three fans show up as a result, then you're already one-third the way to becomming a full chapter! Once you've met in person, it becomes much easier to get together again for a second and third time.

And if that isn't incentive enough, then consider the bragging rights if Fraser Valley becomes an official chapter before Calgary does, eh? ;) (just kidding)

Good luck!

- Rani

7. sw-starwarsfreakness

sw-starwarsfreakness Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 14, 2003

I would TRY and make it to your next event... yet I suppose distance is an issue ;)

Good luck on your events.

8. TheForgottenJedi

TheForgottenJedi Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 10, 2004
    Name:Jack
    How Often Do You Post: Daily
    How Often Do You Log On To The Forums: Daily
    LETS MAKE THIS AN OFFICIAL FF CHAPTER (Y/N): YES

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.