main
side
curve
  1. Welcome, Guest

Upcoming events:

Star Wars: Andor - Disney + - 21st September

2. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

FF:WA O Game

Discussion in 'Oceania Discussion Boards' started by soneil, Dec 5, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. soneil

soneil Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 30, 2000
    Anyone playing this online game? I only just started but I thought we could get a bunch of us teaming up. To join in, go to http://www.ogame.org/ and create a free account. To join forces, make sure you're in game 11. My username on there is Steil and I've formed an alliance called Sand Gropers (tag = gropers). Let's see if we can whoop some butt on there.
    I'm still learning how to play but I'm quickly getting hooked. :)

2. Kartanym

Kartanym Jedi Knight star 6

May 23, 2002
    I played it for a while some months back but quickly lost interest. It can get boring quickly.

3. soneil

Nov 30, 2000
    Probably better with a group. It's like some other games I've played where playing solo is a bit slow moving.

4. Kartanym

May 23, 2002
    Well I'm game to try it again if we get a bunch of us playing. I'll have a look.

EDIT: I've rejoined and sent a message to join the alliance...

5. sithmastersimon

sithmastersimon Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 17, 2005
    soneil i just wrote a message to join your gropers alliance, please accept me (Lord Etruscan of the planet Sparta)

6. soneil

Nov 30, 2000
    You're in. Currently we're all pathetic newbies but at least we're newbies together.
    And soon we will be newbies no more...

7. Kartanym

May 23, 2002
    it'll be slow at first, but build up the metal and crystal mines to begin with before jumping into anything else.

8. Aztek

Aztek Jedi Master star 4

Apr 12, 2001
    I'm in the process of signing up now

9. soneil

Nov 30, 2000
    Fortunately they have rules in place to protect newbies. Older players are prevented from attacking anyone with less than 1/5 their score. Since you need to have a reasonable score before even being capable of attacking anyone we can build up in peace for a bit first.

10. Aztek

Aztek Jedi Master star 4

Apr 12, 2001
    So how does one build up their resources, do they just accumulate over time without user interference ?

11. Kartanym

May 23, 2002
    depending on the level of each building, you'll gain a certain amount per hour whether you're logged in or not.

12. soneil

Nov 30, 2000
    You need to balance buildings with power production. As you upgrade your mines you'll produce resources quicker but you'll also need to upgrade your power plant. If you don't have enough power your mines will work at reduced capacity. You can use the resources screen to check on that and also to adjust how much each mine's getting. Eg if you don't have enough power for all your mines but you need to make crystal a higher priority you can temporarily lower production on the other mines to leave more power for crystal poroduction.
    I've just reached the stage where I'm getting enough resourses to start creating other buildings. Just made a robotics factory and when I upgrade it to level to I can start building a shipyard. From there the fun begins. :)
    Generally I think the recommendation I see a lot is to get your metal mine to level 7 or 8 and the others fairly high as well before building other stuff. Otherwise you're not producing resources fast enough.

13. sithmastersimon

Apr 17, 2005
    wiiiiikid, just building up my base resources now, cant wait to get some sick fleets going

14. soneil

Nov 30, 2000
    They just started a new universe # 12.
    Meaning everyone on there will be a newbie. I decided to start another game on there though I'll still keep the universe 11 game going. Anyone who feels like doing more than one can join in there too. I started another sandgropers alliance of course. :)
    And just for the sake of it I'll give a promotion to all the current sandgroper members. You're all captains. :D

15. sithmastersimon

Apr 17, 2005
    hmmmm tempting

16. Kartanym

May 23, 2002
    i'll stick with universe 11 for now.

17. Aztek

Aztek Jedi Master star 4

Apr 12, 2001
    I was wondering how the hell I became a captain so quick. I've got the hang of accumulating resources, soon I'll have to start looking into research etc I guess.

18. soneil

Nov 30, 2000
    Turns out I've joined another alliance in u12 (big guns). I'll mostly concentrate on the 11 game.
    The ranks aren't a big deal JA. Basically determines what level you have within the alliance. Being a captain means you get to do things like approve applications to join the alliance. It doesn't affect the game play.

19. sithmastersimon

Apr 17, 2005
    sorry i havent responded to any of your circular mail guys, been at work all day and get on and theres six messages, woohoo! anyway im finally able to build a research lab, about bloody time

20. soneil

Nov 30, 2000
    I think the key at first is to build up all of your mines to pretty close to double figures and make sure your power plant is keeping up with the load. I'm almost ready to start building some small cargo ships and small light fighters.

21. Saintheart

Saintheart Jedi Grand Master star 6

Dec 16, 2000
    I'm registered, but I have to find some time to play. Look for the Saint of Swords on the world of Aramis.

:D

22. Kartanym

May 23, 2002
    I'm going to concentrate on resources for the time being. Think of me as a backup incase any of you require extra to build up the fleet ;)

23. sithmastersimon

Apr 17, 2005
    wikid, im just building up some resources now, really really really cant wait to get some offensive going

24. soneil

Nov 30, 2000
    Another day and I think I'll be ready to start doing some raiding. I've already picked out a couple of potential targets not far from me. I've already got some modest defences in place.

25. Kartanym

May 23, 2002
    two tips: 1) laser turrets do more damage and last longer in a fight compared to Missile Launchers. so don't spend too much cash on them unless you're planning on having more then a handful. and 2) research up to get those shield domes.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.