main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Chatt, TN October Fanforce Meeting

Discussion in 'SouthEast Regional Discussion' started by Layren, Oct 4, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SarkaVrae

SarkaVrae Jedi Master star 5

Jun 3, 2004
    Southern--where'd Erin find the SW costumes? My hubby and I have been shopping everywhere and haven't found much that we liked!!! If we can't find something soon, we won't get to dress up (tho the kid will be).

2. Vesper2112

Vesper2112 FF President & CR, Chattanooga, TN star 4

Nov 14, 2003
    I haven't been this year, but check Party City by Circuit City (near Hamilton Place Mall). Other than that...? Don't know.

3. SarkaVrae

Jun 3, 2004
    I don't remember if we've been there yet, but I'll check it out if I can! Thanks, Vesper. If anyone else has any suggestions (other than having one custom made--it's a little late and my budget's a little tight for that), please let me know!

We'll bring cups, napkins, & potato salad. How's that?
    Can't wait!

4. Southernjedi

Southernjedi Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 1, 2002
    Erin got the outfits at a store in Michigan. Fraid that's no help. I'd check the second hand stores, or collectors shop (there's one in the Hamilton Place sprawl near Gunbarrel). Or one of those party supply stores.

5. Layren

Layren Jedi Master star 5

Oct 28, 2003
    I went back to Huntsville this weekend but I'm back now -- nice to see Southernjedi has been found :p

We can bring supplies for smores and a couple of drinks if that's ok.

6. Southernjedi

Jul 1, 2002
    Here's a summary so far of who's bringing what:

Southern: tacos/nachos, sloppy joes; baked beans

Vesper: plates, chips

Layren: smores, drinks

What else sounds good, y'all? Some more sides? More drinks?

Is everyone set on the directions to my house? PM me if you have questions.

7. obivolkenobi

obivolkenobi Jedi Master

May 24, 2002
    Hey everybody!

Jessica and I are still planning on coming on Friday and we're excited. Everything's going well here in Nashville. I'm enjoying the new job and we've settled in nicely.

I finally got a chance to watch ANH on DVD and it looked great. I loved the documentary too.

Southernjedi, we'll call you when we get to town on Friday and find out if there's anything we can bring.
    See you all soon!

MTFBWY

8. Southernjedi

Jul 1, 2002
    Matt!!!

It's good to see you back in the boards. Glad to hear you two are getting settled in and it's going good.
    Definitely give a call Friday. You got my number, right?

9. Vesper2112

Nov 14, 2003
    Yeah, I'm glad you guys are getting to come. I can't beleive you're not zonked by all the moving and starting your new job. Ahhh... to be young again. LOL. Whatsa meesa saying?!? Anyway, this is shaping up to be a great evening.

Is it me, or does it seem like an eternity since our last meeting?

10. SarkaVrae

Jun 3, 2004
    Um, Southern--I said that I'd bring stuff too. If you want a different side, let me know. :)

can't wait to see everyone! Vesper--are you bringing any games?

11. Vesper2112

Nov 14, 2003
    Games!? Sure, I can bring a couple. How about Star Wars Trivial Pursuit and Star Wars Epic Duels? I think everyone knows what Trivial Pursuit is. Epic Duels is a cool game that a lot of people can play. Here's a link that describes it.

Epic Duels

Yes, I've looked at "card games" like Pokemon, Magic, etc and let me assure you that this gmaes is nothing like those. Each character set has a set deck (no booster packs here!) that you'll draw from. Depending on what cards you get will determine what you can do. I've only played once with my family (they aren't into it as much as I am, and it's not really a solo game, no pun intended). I picked the Darth Vader/Stormtrooper set. You know what? I did a lot of damage and hung around for awhile, but my troopers were gone pretty quick and Vader was reduced to keeping a safe distance from everyone until he picked up something other than defense cards! In the end, I was the first to be took out, but (as fate would have it) Luke was the one to do the final blow. How embarassing... What's cool about it is that alot of people has made up card sets for other charcters. Qui-Gon/Obi-Wan, Lando/Lobot, young Luke/old Ben, C-3PO/Ewoks (lol), etc.

Sorry... just been looking at the customized decks people has come up with lately and just makes me want to play it even more.

12. Layren

Oct 28, 2003
    I've got star wars episode 1 monopoly I can bring. I also have star wars Life and star wars trivial pursuit. How long are we planning on staying? Till Southern kicks us out? Just two more days folks!

13. Southernjedi

Jul 1, 2002
    We'll bring cups, napkins, & potato salad. How's that?
    Sorry. I overlooked that. [face_blush]

Those games sound cool! I didn't know they had SW Monopoly,etc. (all I have like that is SW Monopoly for PC). Though I do have LOTR Monopoly. :cool:

14. Vesper2112

Nov 14, 2003
    I've seen the Star Wars Monopoly recently at Wal-Mart. Is it the same one as the one they released a couple years ago? The one I have (from a couple years ago) is all Classic Trilogy stuff.

Oh, and the PC game is exactly the same as the board game. Same characters, same layout, same chance/community chest cards, etc.

heh... HOW long are we staying? [face_hypnotized]

15. Layren

Oct 28, 2003
    yeah the one I have is Episode One monopoly. My kid brother has the classic trilogy one at home. My grandma gave it to him instead of me *sigh* :p Oh well.

16. Vesper2112

Nov 14, 2003
    Wow... An Episode I Monopoly? Cool! Wasn't there also a Star Wars Stratego game out? I know there was a LOTR version... maybe that's what I'm thinking of.

(Still hoping they'll release the SW Chutes and Ladders game).

17. Layren

Oct 28, 2003
    Well the question hasn't been answered yet of how long Southern wants us to stay :p I guess we'll just stay till he kicks us out.

18. darthjess

darthjess Jedi Youngling

Oct 8, 2004
    Jason,
    What do Matt & I need to bring to the party tomorrow?

Maybe if everyone lists what they are bringing, I can get an idea of what is needed.

Thanks and see you guys tomorrow night!

19. Southernjedi

Jul 1, 2002
    You guys can stay as late as you want. If we get into Monopoly, that could take some time. :)

Here's a summary of the goodies:

Southern: tacos/nachos, sloppy joes; baked beans

Sarka: cups, napkins, & potato salad

Vesper: plates, chips

Layren: smores, drinks

Jess, maybe plastic forks and some dessert...might be nice to have something in addition to smores.

20. SarkaVrae

Jun 3, 2004
    Yay!!! Southern acknowledged that I'm bringing stuff!

*dances with glee*

Less than 24 hours till our PAR-TEH!!

21. Layren

Oct 28, 2003
    Today's the big day guys! Check out our awesome new banner for the halloween holidays that I managed to snatch ;) Doesn't it look awesome? and check out my cool title :D I'm a sith witch! Mwahahhahahahhahaha. I can't wait to see ya'll tonight!

22. Southernjedi

Jul 1, 2002
    Awesome banner!

Layren, I'm jealous of your halloween title! lol

To help you find the way, my house will have luminaries out front. Kind of like runway lights for planes at the airport, but hopefully traffic will be limited to the ground. [face_clown]

23. SarkaVrae

Jun 3, 2004
    Cool! My hubby (you can call him Todd) says the food you are serving is definately "Jedi food" b/c he loves it! lol Cya soon!

24. Vesper2112

Nov 14, 2003
    OK, Mr Secretary... where's the meeting notes!?! LOL... You're probably still cleaning up after us. Anyway, thank you for hosting our first official meeting as the Chattooine Outer Rim Lookouts. We never finished SW Monopoly, but I'm sure it's still set up for the next time... right? :p Man... just when I was ready to strike, it came to an end. LOL. (yeah, right).

Anyway, we had a great time last night and really enjoyed seeing all you guys again. We're going to have to set up a seperate game night (or maybe a game day) so we can fit all this stuff in. The actual "meeting" part of it was at the end, so I'm not sure if we covered everything we were we supposed to cover. :confused: I'm still not sure about actual "dues" for members as we're not really sure what we plan to do with any money except the website. (See "The Chattooine Website for more details on that). The short answer is... possibly at a later date. The "core" members can get the site up and when that time comes again, we can try and split it up between the active members then. Hopefully we'll have more! Other than that, we can just split up the cost on other stuff we might do. For charity stuff, we can ask Minacia what we can do, unless anyone knows how to go about doing these type of things. Is there anything we need to have (papers) to prove what we would be doing is for an actual charity? Or is it less formal than that? Again, I haven't a clue.

I like the idea of a general consent form for minors. Might as well try and cover everything. We should definitly look to other established clubs to see what we might be missing. No sense reinventing the wheel if we don't have to. Doesn't mean we can't come up with our own ideas that other clubs can look to us for, but for now, I guess the basics are all the same for everyone.

I'll look into costs on having our own table or room at Chattacon if we want to do that. If we did, what would we do? Is it worth having an actual room or should we stick to flyers and maybe have a table to where people can approach us? For sure, I'd love to see us put together something that would help explain what we are all about. Contacts, website links, whatever. All this would eventually be on the site itself, but this would be the hard-copy version. I'd love to see that awesome banner that was passed around last night right on the front. That is an eye-catcher!

OK, I think I wrote enough for one day. OK, maybe later when I'm on a sugar high.... but that may end up being incomprehensible (like this whole post probably was).

25. Layren

Oct 28, 2003
    Vesper maybe we shoulda made you secretary instead of Treasurer :D Yes a huge THANK YOU!!!!!!!!! is in order to Southern and his wife for hosting our first meeting as an official group! We really appreciate it guys and we hope we didn't wreck your house too badly. :)

No the game isn't set up :p Your daughter helped me clean it up ;) the only one who volunteered to do so I might add -- I hope you gave her candy ;) She was a good helper hehe.

Something else I don't remember if I brought up or not. I'd like to see what you guys think of having a member regulation/rules or if we just want to be informal with none of those. We need to come up with a voting system and things like that.

A separate gaming meeting would be awesome. Who is gonna volunteer to host it though? Where could we do something like that? It's kind of hard to play games in a restaurant. Our house here is kind of small (and not unpacked) so it can't be us at this point in time.

Any suggestions on that guys? Post the suggestions in the November meeting thread that I started :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.