main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Madison, WI October Halloween Party

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by Forcebewitya, Sep 12, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Forcebewitya

Forcebewitya Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 7, 2002
    Hey, I was thinking for next month we should do some Star Wars Halloween party. I would be willing to have it at my house we could watch one of the movies or something or just have a meeting here with food and stuff. Costumes would be welcome (OF COURSE!) So if you have a costume bring it. I dont have any suggestions for a date as of now I just know that I will be gone the weekend before Halloween so maybe the weekend before that?

In any case its just an idea as of now, let me know what you think.

Forcebewitya.

2. Rick_Sith

Rick_Sith Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 2, 2002
    I know I have plans for the last Saturday in October. Other than that, I am open the whole month, so far. So, if we want to set a date, we should do it soon, before something else comes up.

I'll have to think of something somewhat Star Wars related to dress as. I don't do masks and don't have any elaborate clothing made up for a costume, so I'll have to think of something else.

We could even have our meeting at the party, unless someone wants one before then. I like you guys, so I don't mind seeing you more than once a month.

3. Forcebewitya

Jun 7, 2002
    Yeah I was thinking about having it be a meeting too. But yeah we could also do a meeting before hand maybe to kind of plan it out too. Like I said I am busy that last Saturday too. So I was thinking the second to last saturday in october? Not sure the date on that but I think I am free that day.

Forcebewitya.

4. ROGUE_NINER

ROGUE_NINER Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 16, 2002
    Well so far I'm open every weekend

5. Rick_Sith

May 2, 2002
    OK, tomorrow is October, folks. What's the plan? Anything solid?

If we have a party at your place Brent, do you want anything brought for food and etc.? Would you need help decorating? Which day and time would you like to have it? Please let us know what you have decided or come up with, if you have yet.

As for everyone else... I'm sure we can decide one what to talk about for our meeting. I had a tiny brainstorm (more like a scattered shower), and thought that we could meet at Borders for our meeting and then all go over to Brent's (if he is still planning on having the party at his place) to enjoy the Halloween party. Just an idea.

OK, I think that should get people talking again.

6. resnictem

resnictem Jedi Grand Master star 3

Jan 3, 1999
    The meeting at Borders would be good for me, since I am sans transportation. The after party, well, I don't know, unless I hitched a ride with one of you and then swing back by the mall (or transfer point of your choice). We could talk about Serenity and how this might or might not change the SW live tv show. Just a thought.

7. ROGUE_NINER

Jan 16, 2002
    I'm open to anything right now, I have no plans for any weekend this month

8. Forcebewitya

Jun 7, 2002
    I would be up for discussing Serenity I thuroughly enjoyed it, and if the Star Wars TV show is like that I will be very very satisfied.

As for my after party right now all I know is that I want to do it :p and if you could come in a costume that would be just awesome. But I wont be mean about it you can come if you're not dressed up. Decorating would be cool I figure that I could do a little something like I did for my graduation for those who attended. But some help would be great if anyone wants too maybe they could come over before the meeting and then we could drive to borders. But I'd want to keep it to one person or two maybe so its a surpsise for the majority of the group.

I'm also open for suggestions on what to do at this party. Food would be ideal so everyone can volunteer to bring something Soda is good...chips...sorry lol those are my priorities but if someone wants to bring something supertasty and home made that would be cool. Really its up to you all we have a little bit of time to discuss this so lets throw some ideas out there.

First things first though, picking a date that will work for everyone, Lets go with just for starters the weekend before the weekend of the 28th so....*checks big calender* Saturday the 22nd? Let me hear some feedback and we'll go from there. Talk to you all soon

Forcebewitya.

9. Rick_Sith

May 2, 2002
    Brent, the 22nd works fine for me. It will give me some time to find something to dress up as. I'm hoping it doesn't have to be Star Wars related. [face_praying]

I'll help with decorations if you like. I know where you live and can get there pretty easy (no that wasn't a threat). O:)

As for food, I think I might bring something. I'll wait to see what everyone else might bring before deciding, myself.

The meeting at Borders sounds good to me. I think everyone but me has seen Serenity, but I did see all of the trailers and extras that were aired on TV and elsewhere. I won't be too spoiled if you guys talk about it. But there is also a chance I will see it before the meeting yet.

I'm not sure how it will relate to the Star Wars TV series, though. I'm sure I will hear your thoughts and put it together. I'm not too awefully slow.

I can't wait!

10. Forcebewitya

Jun 7, 2002
    I should have called you to go to it. The thought had crossed my mind. Its really good and you still have a couple weeks to see it before the meeting.

Forcebewitya.

11. Rick_Sith

May 2, 2002
    I think I'll splurge and try going this Saturday. Anyone else want to go?

It will probably to one of the matinee showings, just to let you know. Any way I can save a buck or two.

Brent, if you want to go with me, we can discuss decorations and etc., if you like.

12. Forcebewitya

Jun 7, 2002
    hmmm it might be a possibility...Michelle hasnt seen it yet and wants too. And I sure wouldnt mind seeing it again...only problem is I have 25 bucks to get me through two weeks (costuming is so expensive)I'll call you tomorrow morning...and if I forget call me on my cell 695-0710

Forcebewitya

13. Rick_Sith

May 2, 2002
    OK, saw it and loved it.

It's not Firefly, but still very very good.

Can't wait for our meeting and party in a couple weeks.

14. ROGUE_NINER

Jan 16, 2002
    should have come here sooner I want to see the film too hopefuly I will next week

15. Forcebewitya

Jun 7, 2002
    Yeah sorry I couldnt go Rick I would have loved to see it again. But we had to take some costume pics. Here you can take a look at some of them. These are of Michelle and our friend Amy who was a zombie that we killed lol. (its from the game Resident Evil 3)

Forcebewitya.

16. Rick_Sith

May 2, 2002
    I'll take your word for it, since there wasn't a link to the pics. [face_laugh]

My plans for the day of the party are as follows:

1. Go over to help decorate (if needed).[face_pumpkin]

2. Go to our meeting at Borders (time yet to be determined?)

3. Go home to get made up for the party ]-}[face_skull] [face_alien_1] [face_monkey] [face_cowboy] [face_devil] [face_cow] [face_chicken] [face_clown] (will take me 30min. tops)

4. Go to party and enjoy myself.[face_dancing]

I'm only posting this because I want people to know that I am not lost on my way to the party.8-}

Now... there are a few things that need to be sorted out soon.

• What time do we want to have the party?
      This will help us determine when to start our meeting that day.

• What should people bring for food and drinks for the party?
      Chips, dips, sodas, casaroles, etc. etc.

• How long do we want our meeting to last?
      I'm sure there are no lack of topics to discuss for the meeting, but since we are having a party afterwards, we should hold to a time to end it.

Did I forget anything? Oh yeah! [face_dancing]

17. Forcebewitya

Jun 7, 2002
    Ok, how bout 1 for the meeting. Rick if we are going to do some decorating you could come over at like 11:30 ish then we can come back for the party whenever the meeting ends. Sound good? People start posting what you want to bring. I could care less its everyones party so bring what you like and would like to share with the rest of us.

Forcebewitya.

18. Rick_Sith

May 2, 2002
    Sounds good to me.

Borders (east side) Oct. 22nd @ 1:00pm
    Party to follow afterwards.

As for what I will bring... not sure exactly yet.
    I'll have to ask Kelly to see what she has in mind.

I also need to get a costume of some sort together.

19. ToxicNed

ToxicNed Grand Poobah of Madison WI - FF CR star 4

May 2, 2002
    This blows. I very well may be out for this. We've got a number of PCs that need to get swapped out at work by the 21st due to their leases coming due. If they're not done by Friday, the 21st (which is looking quite likely), guess who's working on Saturday.

20. Forcebewitya

Jun 7, 2002
    Well dont worry about coming late if you have too. I mean I dont know how long the party is going to go but I'm sure for awhile I was thinking we could watch a movie or something so...who knows.

Forcebewitya.

21. Rick_Sith

May 2, 2002
    OK, Kelly says we can bring chips and dips. Any preferences on types of chips and dips?

If not, you'll be stuck with whatever I bring.

22. Forcebewitya

Jun 7, 2002
    umm any chip with a dip would rock...we usually get doritos but I'm getting kinda sick of them, but they are good with dip. So I guess bring the dip for sure lol the chips doesnt matter.

Oh, and since I am a rabid soda fiend I will buy a 24 pack of Mt. Dew. So if you want any other soda you'll have to bring it.

Forcebewitya.

23. ROGUE_NINER

Jan 16, 2002
    Well I'm a fan of the new chedder ranch Fritos but anything you bring will be cool.
    I'll have to see what I can bring not sure yet.
    But I'll be there though I might need a ride.

24. Forcebewitya

Jun 7, 2002
    Well since we are coming directly from a meeting at borders it shouldnt be a problem to get you a ride Ryan. I'm thinking we can just make a caravan to my house.

Forcebewitya.

25. Forcebewitya

Jun 7, 2002
    OK, HUGE problem... that weekend actually wont work I thought the convention that I was going to was the 29th but its actually the day of the party...so my thinking is this. Would that sunday work instead? the Sunday after the saturday Sunday the 23rd?

Sorry about the inconvenience I dont know what I was thinking. Give me back feedback my apologies again.

Forcebewitya.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.