main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Omaha, NE October Meeting/ Halloween Party

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by paperclipx, Aug 6, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. paperclipx

paperclipx Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 8, 2001
    I was thinking we would stay with our past pattern and have our October meeting be our Halloween Party. I figured I would start this now, so we can do some actual planning on this. Make it another pot luck style get together.

Costumes of course are expected, but optional.

Now the calendar says our meeting should be the 5th. But I am willing to move it back to make it closer to Halloween if we'd like.

I also am willing to host of course, unless someone with more room wants to offer up their place.

So just post here with date suggestions, party ideas, costume ideas ( hehe ) and what you plan to bring, etc, etc.

2. craigrr

craigrr Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 8, 1999
    Is it too early to get my vote in for the Slave girl costumes? Not on me of course. The guilty parties know who they are.

3. paperclipx

Jan 8, 2001
    Its never too early for Slave Girls!

4. sarahpie

sarahpie Jedi Master star 1

Dec 9, 2001
    There will be NO Slave Sarah! heh. Well, maybe...

5. TK750

TK750 Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 22, 2001
    Dear GOD, NOOOOOoooooo!!!!!!!! I think that that could have the effect of sterilizing every guy who lays eyes upon it. Don't dare threaten us with that horror again!

6. That awful vracer

That awful vracer Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 6, 2000
    .....slave Vracer, anyone?

:D

7. sarahpie

Dec 9, 2001
    Let's work on picking a date, people. Like, the 18th or 19th? I say we discuss this at the meeting on Sunday.

8. sarahpie

Dec 9, 2001
    Any official date/time picked out yet?

9. paperclipx

Jan 8, 2001
    We will have our October meeting on the normal first Sunday of the month, the 5th. The Halloween party will be held during the November meeting, the 2nd, just two days after Halloween.

10. paperclipx

Jan 8, 2001
    This Sunday...Craigs supposed to bring the new Animal House DVD...final prep for Halloween party...etc, etc, etc.

11. craigrr

Jun 8, 1999
    So what date are we actually going to have this party or is that what we're deciding Sunday?

12. That awful vracer

That awful vracer Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 6, 2000
    pX, should I bring my Animal House disc, you know, in case you know who blows us off again? ;)

13. craigrr

Jun 8, 1999
    Bite me!!! :D I'll be there.

14. sith_itch

sith_itch Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 20, 2002
    Yeah, like we haven't heard that before.

15. craigrr

Jun 8, 1999
    If my presence really means that much to you, I'll be there. Hey, it's me!

16. banthagrl

banthagrl Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 21, 2001
    We'll be there - I'm assuming the meeting is at Mark's? - but might be a bit late (though I see no official time for this meeting has been posted, so late is relative...)

Didn't we have a plan once about every other meeting being in a restaurant or public place? Because we played laser tag at Zzap recently and found out the owners are Rainbow Rowell (newspaper columnist) and her husband Kai - both Star Wars fans. Kai offered to let us use their party rooms for a meeting - they're not that busy Sunday nights. Just throwing an idea out there...

17. paperclipx

Jan 8, 2001
    That actually sounds very, very cool...Maybe we could have our Halloween/Nov meeting there. Id be all for it!

18. craigrr

Jun 8, 1999
    Laser tag sounds very cool. I'd be up for it. Anyone else?

19. Rhi-Lan

Rhi-Lan Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 17, 2002
    Just let me know where it's at and I'm all for it. Sounds cool. Way to network, Banthagrl!

20. Darth_Tharon

Darth_Tharon Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 5, 2003

The Force is strong with this one (Banthagrl)!

EXCELLENT job with the Laser Tag score! I read Rainbow's column whenever I think about it and get the chance, and it's weird to think that she is "normal" like the rest of us. Relatively speaking, that is.

I'm looking forward to playing Laser Tag, as long as it's not prohibitively expensive. If not, then I'll just be stormtrooper bait! ;)

"The denial of reality is the first step toward higher evolution." -- my Sith Master

I like the concept of having the occasional OFF meeting outside the bounds of Mark's new (but cramped) little hobbit hole! *laffs*

21. banthagrl

Mar 21, 2001
    Zzap is about 114th and Q, or thereabouts, on the north side of Q. And of the three Omaha laser tag venues I've been to, definitely the best. I don't remember how much it was - 5$ for 10 min. or something along those lines.

22. sarahpie

Dec 9, 2001
    Sounds like a plan to me.

23. craigrr

Jun 8, 1999
    If anyone cares, I'm leaving shortly. I should be there by 5 or shortly there after.

24. paperclipx

Jan 8, 2001
    I just recieved a very interesting phone call. One of my "contacts" has just informed me that hell has officially frozen over. Film at 11.

25. banthagrl

Mar 21, 2001
    Sorry, I'm not feeling well, so it looks like we're not going to make it after all...keep me posted on what's discussed about the Halloween party...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.