main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Mary OFFICIAL Advance Tickets Discussion

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by Mogook, Apr 25, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fipe_Naz-mero

Fipe_Naz-mero Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 4, 2002
    Dear members:
    Does anyone have some power converters? Jejeje. They are great. Not joking. I have one the can allow a TV and a video hooked to it. All that would be needed is a car battery to operate it... and be changed from time to time in order to maintain it fresh. That should work. And if you have your car near, probably you can run the extension cord from it and let the car running with it. A Jedi must know how to overcome obstacles, right? ?[face_plain]

"Reckless this one is."
    "So was I, remember?"

Fipe Naz-Mero, JK
    USA-NE REGION
    CHARM CITY COUNCIL FORUM
    CALIFORNIA MD

2. Karthio_Five

Karthio_Five Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 9, 2001
    Ah, I thought of that too but alas, I did not have the resources to accomplish that feat! However, if any of you have those converters you could be the hero. :)

Anyway, we'll figure something out I suppose. I think it will be fun...as long as everything fits in my car.

3. Fipe_Naz-mero

Feb 4, 2002
    And who said they have to fit in your car. All you have to do is leave the door open for those outside... and hook the audio to your car audio system... very technical, no?

If someone is willing to drive halfway I can give it to that person. :D Any takers?

Fipe Naz-Mero, JK

4. Karthio_Five

Nov 9, 2001
    Hi Fipe,

I was just referring to the transportation issue. Hopefully I can fit all of the "essentials" that I am bringing into my car so that they can be transported to the base (AKA Hoyts). If not, I'll duct tape some items to the roof.

5. Fipe_Naz-mero

Feb 4, 2002
    :eek: Ohhhhhhhh..... I see. Sorry...oops. [face_blush]

6. Karthio_Five

Nov 9, 2001
    Hm, I wonder if a seperate thread should be started for "Line preparations". I don't want to be responsible for causing off-topic chaos, especially since I just finally got the guts to start posting today!

7. Karthio_Five

Nov 9, 2001
    Excerpt from TFN main page:

We've received (literally) thousands of emails from fans who have confirmed (with their local theatres) that tomorrow is the big day for AOTC ticket sales. In fact, some fans have even managed to purchase theirs.

*Sigh* I hope I'm not overreacting here, but I don't want to be suprised tomorrow. I don't want some theaters (like Hoyts) putting tickets on sale tomorrow at 5pm or something while I'm at work. (For example, several theaters in Michigan began selling tickets at 5pm today and announced it just earlier today). Giving theaters the freedom to select the on-sale date is causing a lot of unnecessary confusion. After waiting for three years to line up again and see this movie, it would a shame for any of us to miss out on a midnight showing simply because of last minute decision making.

I'm off to an evening class for teacher certification, I'll be eagerly checking back for any unlikely updates this evening. :(

8. Ca-Bal_Sirrah

Ca-Bal_Sirrah Jedi Youngling

May 1, 2002
    Just announced.The Senator has announced tix on sale 10am Staurday. Maybe a 12 per person limit. On my way there now.

9. Heather Kenobi

Heather Kenobi Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 20, 2000
    Does anybody know when tickets go on sale at Loews in White Marsh? :confused:

10. Ara-Gorn_Sirrah

Ara-Gorn_Sirrah Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 30, 2002
    Well folks, I did some calling around in the last half hour. Here's what I found:
    Senator: Saturday May 4, 10 a.m.

Owings Mills: May 3, 12:30 p.m.

Muvico @ Arundel Mills: Maybe next Wed (5/8), no time specified

Hoyts Nursery: unsure. Expects to know no later than Monday (The manager checked his e-mail while I was on the phone with him to see if he had received any updates...none)

Loews White Marsh: "No word yet"

RC East Point 10: "haven't been confirmed that we're getting it"... Well, guess they aren't ;)

Looks like we're going to the Senator after all [face_plain]
    I was really looking forward to seeing you all at Nursery, but my younger brother's (Ca-Bal) is taking this all from the "bird in the hand" stance. And since he's able to get in immediately...
    May The Force Be With You All!

11. chewboxer

chewboxer Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 22, 2002
    I need a huge favor. I'm leaving for Celebration tomorrow. I'm not going to be able to get tickets for the Senator unless I make my roommate and a friend get down there to get them for the group of us that we need. Right now we're in Delaware and the two guys that would be going have never been to the theatre much less baltimore. So they really don't know the area well.

In exchange for someone getting me the 8 tickets that I need tell me what you want/need from Celebration II. I will be checking the boards from now until I leave around 3 tomorrow.

If need be, please private message me if you want to talk live on the phone or something.

Thanks in advance.

12. sithspawn35

sithspawn35 Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 22, 2001
    SITHSPAWN!!!!!! (And I meant that as a derogatory!) How could papa George do this to us???????? How could he allow tickets, for the most anticipated movie ever, to go on sale the very same day that he himself has chosen to gather his most dedicated fans in Indianapolis? I think this is terrible business. I myself now have to wait up until midnight to purchase tickets online, try to get some sleep, only two hours later to awaken to drive two hours to catch my plane for Indianapolis!! And for those not going to Indy.......it was nice of Lucasfilm to give us notice so that we may plan and form our lines, take off school or work, etc.
    Am I the only one OUTRAGED here?

13. DRK_HLMT

DRK_HLMT Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 7, 2001
    Yeah sithspawn35 that is definitly gonna peave off alot of fans. I think that those of us not going to the celebration can get tickets for you guys going so you don't have to worry about that. I will personally grab as many tickets as I can. If they are only giving away twelve at a theater, then I can get twelve and I am only gonna use three myself and can sell the others to whoever needs em (I will sell them at what I paid for, no more no less). :D

Is anyone going to the Senator on Sat? I have a T-Ball game with my son at 9 and it lasts till 10:30. Then it takes about 30 minutes to get to the theater from where I am. Just wanted to know if anyone will be going and maybe save a spot for me. I'll be wearing my Charm City Fanforce shirt too!!

14. sithspawn35

Jan 22, 2001
    Thanks Drk_Hmlt. I'll post again after midnight and let you know if I need any. I think Magook was going to pick me up one at Hoyts Nursery. So I'll pvt ya both at 12:30 and let younz know.

15. mon-mothma

mon-mothma Jedi Master star 2

Mar 7, 2002
    Just spoke with management at AMC Owings Mills 17 and the word is that AOTC tickets go on sale tomorrow (May 3) anytime after 10 am. May the Force Be With Us!

M.M.

16. sithspawn35

Jan 22, 2001
    Always. you forgot the "always", Mon Mothma. LOL

17. mon-mothma

mon-mothma Jedi Master star 2

Mar 7, 2002
    D'OH!!! Of course, always!

"With her finger and her thumb in the shape of an "L" on her forehead..."

M.M.

18. Ara-Gorn_Sirrah

Apr 30, 2002
    I *might* be able to get up to the line as early as Friday night (11 p.m.?). But, by that time it may be too late for midnight 5/16 tickets.

The Senator seats 900, I believe, and if the ticket limit is 12 per person, chances are only the first 75 people are gonna get the 1st show (presuming they use their limit to purchase midnight tickets). However, IF the Senator holds to the 6 limit that I heard was going to be implemented, the first 150 have a shot.

If I am your "only hope" ;), let me know on this thread! I'll be checking it tomorrow while I'm at work. I cannot make guarantees about the time I'd make it to the line or for which show I'd be able to get tickets, but I'll make every effort!

I should have a much better idea of my chances in the morning.

19. Mogook

Mogook Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 14, 2001
    I'm still gonna try to get tickets for Hoyts. They'll know when they're selling tickets on Monday. DRK_HLMT and sithspawn, are you still gonna be there with me? sithspawn should be back by then and he should be able to stand in line too if he wants.

20. Karthio_Five

Nov 9, 2001
    I know that I'm going to be at Hoyts WN to wait in line, and I'll likely be staying there overnight. I'm hoping that Hoyts isn't going to say "Yeah we are selling tickets at 5pm today" when I give them a call on Monday.

Just a heads up, I drove by AMC Owings Mills General Cinema around 10pm tonight to see if anyone was in line yet, and no one was. I know back in '99 a few people were already in line around 10pm. AMC Owings Mills also doesn't have any barracades set up like they did in '99 to organize the line, nor do they have information taped to their doors regarding ticket sales. They either aren't expecting a large crowd or are trying to keep it low key. So we'll have to make a grand showing at Hoyts WN! :)

Anyway, Mogook are you still giving Hoyts WN a call on Friday for a possible update?

Thanks,
    Karth

21. Mogook

Mogook Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 14, 2001
    Definitely, I'll give them a call tomorrow morning. When I called tonight the guy said the general manager won't know until Monday. But, who knows, they could get a last minute announcement. But I'll call tomorrow morning. And if they're selling tickets tomorrow (which I highly doubt), I'll be in line to get them. But, I have to go to a class at 11-11:50. But, then I can get in line. And I'll only be about 10-15 minutes from Hoyts.

But, I wouldn't worry too much about tickets for tomorrow. I'm sure Hoyts will have them next week. If they don't, I'll be seriously upset about their lack of organization.

I'll give them a call tomorrow morning and I'll post their response in the afternoon, unless it's a big announcement in which case I'll post right away.

22. Karthio_Five

Nov 9, 2001
    Sounds great, Mogook. Yeah, I probably worry a bit too much, but I don't want to miss out. Like a few people said on some of the other TFN boards, all of the Hoyts theaters nationwide seem to have no information, and it worries a few people that the corporation might be trying to avoid large crowds at the box office.

However, I will stop worrying about it. Everything will probably progress as I have forseen and this pitiful rebellion will be crushed..

Er, nevermind I'm going to bed.

23. DRK_HLMT

DRK_HLMT Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 7, 2001
    Okay, Sithspawn said he has connections for some tickets before he goes off to the Celebration II. I'm gonna shoot for Hoyts as well whenever they start to sell tickets. Mogook, if it's on a Wednesday let me know and I'll take a day off to stand in line with you since Hoyts is the closest theater to me. I'll still see about getting extra tickets as well.

When Mogook and DRK_HLMT arrive at the theater and see the crowd already gathering....

HLMT: Mogook, use your harpoon and tow cable and go for the legs!! It's our only chance!!!

24. MasterYaddle

MasterYaddle Jedi Youngling

Apr 29, 2002
    Help! Senator tickets.

I can't get there. My brother can be there tomorrow (Saturday) morning, but I would think that is way too late. Can any one help me out with just 2 tickets to the 12:01 show? Please!!! This is getting stressful.

Thanks in advance for any help.

25. Ara-Gorn_Sirrah

Apr 30, 2002
    Master Yaddle: I think I can cover that for you! :D

Just visited my brother Ca-Bal at the line. He confirmed that the ticket limit is 12 per person.

There's only about 10 people in line thus far. WBAL has already visited the line to interview. In fact I heard the report on WBAL radio just before I got to work. Of course they had to make a smart remark about the line-ers having "a life". :mad:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.