main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

**OFFICIAL** Attack Of The Clones Score Discussion

Discussion in 'Star Wars And Film Music' started by Sithman, Mar 18, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sithman

Sithman Jedi Grand Master star 7

Jul 6, 1999
    Hey everyone,
    As most of you know, I am not spoiled and religiously try to keep myself spoiler-free. With the soundtrack track listings out now, I feel it is of paramount concern to have ONE thread dedicated to AOTC music discussion involving spoilers.
    I would only ask that you keep ALL spoiler-related music discussion in this thread only. :) Thank you.

And so, without further adieu, I present are you spoiled dudes with your new music home.

I'm outta here. :D

2. Darth_Potter

Darth_Potter Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 2, 2001
    Hey Sithy, I know you're soposed to be the well respected veteran and all, but I don't think we need this thread while we have your other non-spoiler one. There is no need to include spoilers. I don't know, that's what I think, but hey, you want one that's ok with me.

3. Sithman

Sithman Jedi Grand Master star 7

Jul 6, 1999
    Well, could you all spoiled people keep the spoiled stuff in ONE thread?

There's a WHOLE bunch of track listing discussion (spoiler stuff) in the specifically labeled "NO SPOILERS ALLOWED" thread.

It just irks me.

4. Darth_Potter

Nov 2, 2001
    well, then this should be the "track listing speculation thread" because that's all we can really find spoilers in

5. PloKloon1138

PloKloon1138 Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 5, 2001
    What tracks on the CD are you most looking forward to? (Non-spoiled people, don't read any further).

Here is the full listing:

1. Star Wars Main Title and Ambush on Coruscant
    2. Across the Stars
    3. Zam the Assasin and The Chase Through Coruscant
    4. Yoda and the Younglings
    5. Departing Coruscant
    6. Anakin and Padme
    7. Jango Escapes
    8. The Meadow Picnic
    9. Bounty Hunter's Pursuit
    10. The Tusken Camp and The Homestead
    11. Love Pledge and The Arena
    12. Confontation with Count Dooku and Finale

For me, #2, 3, 7, 9, 10, 11, and 12 are what it's all about. :D

6. Darthkarma

Darthkarma Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 30, 2000

I'm looking forward to all of them.

:)

7. AmeiaSkywalker

AmeiaSkywalker Jedi Youngling star 3

May 28, 2001
    Well, I think 2,4,6,7,11, and 12 will be really good.
    I can't wait to hear 2!

8. PloKloon1138

Apr 5, 2001
    So what do you guys think about the amount of tracks? I'm pretty sure that the Tusken scenes will be about half way through the film, so I think it's odd that there are 10 tracks devoted to the first half of the film and there are only two for the second.

9. PloKloon1138

Apr 5, 2001
    UP!

C'mon guys, there's gotta be some spoiled folks interested in the music! Say what's on your mind! ;)

10. filmbuff1017

filmbuff1017 Jedi Youngling

Mar 9, 2002
    Are we sure that these are the real track listings because all the other SW original sdtrks were not in movie order but these appear to be. One other note, the last track seems like it will not include the End Credits unless it is a really long track or a very short confrontation with Count Dooku. This will suck if the End Titles aren't there b/c they have had some of the best moments of the SW scores in them.

11. jamesdrax

jamesdrax Jedi Grand Master star 6

Aug 30, 2000
    Joshua Griffen has apparently aquired the actual soundtrack and reckons the final track is the newly composed end credits.

BTW, he also reckons it sounds spectacular.

:D

12. PloKloon1138

Apr 5, 2001
    Yes, I cannot wait. :D

13. Happy Ninja

Happy Ninja Jedi Knight star 6

Mar 20, 2000
    I post a thread with a spoiler warning, and it gets deleted. Sithy does one, and it stays up. Can you say "favoritism"? :p

14. RidingMyCarousel

RidingMyCarousel Jedi Master star 6

Feb 20, 2002
    Ah well, I can't wait to hear the end one.. but yes, these songs must be rather long unless John Williams is using songs from TPM.. and that's highly unlikely. Maybe Duel of the Fates.. and I thought we were going to hear part of The Imperial March....

15. PloKloon1138

Apr 5, 2001
    There probably won't be a whole track devoted to it, but I'm betting the Imperial March is going to play (especially during the Tusken scene [face_devil]).

16. RidingMyCarousel

RidingMyCarousel Jedi Master star 6

Feb 20, 2002
    At least part of it :)
    Like the part at the end of the Qui Gon's Funeral where it goes back to the old Trio theme...

17. Mar17swgirl

Mar17swgirl Chosen One star 7

Dec 26, 2000
    Well, I suppose #s 11 and 12 will be loooooooooong tracks.... ;) Something like the Battle of Endor in ROTJ. Around 12 minutes together. :cool:

And I can't wait to hear numbers 2, 3, 7, 9, 10, 11, 12... heck, I wanna hear them all!!!! :D

18. PloKloon1138

Apr 5, 2001
    What do you guys think Zam's theme will sound like? When I think of it, I hear this weird sound that is a mix between Leia's and Boba Fett's theme. :)

19. PloKloon1138

Apr 5, 2001
    Thought you'd be interested in this (from JediNet.com):

01. Star Wars Main Title And Ambush On Coruscant - 03:46
    Very similar to the opening themes of the original trilogy, a sweeping melody, and something like a mix between TPM and ROTJ's opening themes.

02. Across The Stars (Love Theme) - 05:33
    Dramatic, foreboding, perfect.

03. Zam The Assassin And The Chase Through Coruscant - 11:07
    Long track, lots of chaotic percussion, interesting electric guitar effect, similar to the music used for the T-Rex finale in JP and the chase sequences of JP2, but also reminiscent of TESB's music.

04. Yoda And The Younglings - 03:55
    Interesting, difficult to describe, similar to Jar Jar's theme from TPM and the music of Harry Potter, Hook and AI, also has similarities to the music played in TPM between Ani and Shmi

05. Departing Coruscant - 01:44
    Starts with an alternative version of the Coruscant theme, moody background music, the Force theme is also prevalent

06. Anakin And Padme - 03:56
    Begins with a type of flute instrument, very rustic and soothing, then parts of the Love theme are introduced

07. Jangos Escape - 03:48
    Very typical of John Williams's music, similar to Escape from Naboo from TPM

08. The Meadow Picnic - 04:14
    Contains variation on the theme from the end of TESB after the Slave I escapes but it is more peaceful, also has a majestic variation on the Love theme mixed in

09. Bounty Hunters Pursuit - 03:23
    Dark and moody, a lot of percussive action, very much like the TF invasion music from Phantom

10. Return To Tatooine - 06:56
    Rustic and moody music, something like music from AI, but the Force theme is also very present... mixed with Duel of the Fates

11. The Tusken Camp And The Homestead - 05:54
    Begins much like Tatooine music from ANH, creepy and moody, switches to chaotic wild music and then shifts to Vader's theme (Imperial March)

12. Love Pledge And The Arena - 08:29
    War music, dramatic, the Love theme is heard in variations throughout, a variation on the TF invasion theme form TPM, also includes bits of the Force and Love theme together

13. Confrontation With Count Dooku And Finale - 10:48
    Long and amazing... dramatic beginning, the Force theme in full... well force, then fades into background, fades off and becomes haunting, suddenly the Imperial March comes in in all its glory, also includes the Love theme and bursts of the Star Wars theme

14. On The Conveyor Belt (bonus track) - 03:07
    Creepy music, like the music playing when the Falcon escaped the space slug in TESB but with more percussion, freaky version of the Forest Battle as heard in end of CW trailer

Total CD length : 76:40
    The Love Theme is the heart of the soundtrack. Overall, the soundtrack is much like TESB in originality and quality.

Now, is that great or what? :D

20. JohnWilliams00

JohnWilliams00 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 29, 2002
  21. Skywalk272

Skywalk272 Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 16, 2000
    Hey Mars, I'm not sure those lazy bones in the spoilers section are going to come all the way down here to the music forumn to talk about this-but oh well.

I can't wait for the soundtrack-kind of like an appatizer for the real thing. Anyway, I wonder when he says imperial march for the Tusken/Homestead track if its is actually in "march" form or slower and more menacing like "clash of sabers" from ESB.

22. Mar17swgirl

Dec 26, 2000
    :eek: :eek: :eek:

Oh.... my...... God......

Oh.... my.... holy...... sweet...... mother.... of the....... Force........

::starts shaking and breathing rapidly::

OMG.... I'm... listening to.... Confrontation with Count Dooku and the finale.... OMG!!!!!! THIS IS.... AAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHH!!!!

I'm.... I'm..... OMG.......

I LOVE YOU, JOHN WILLIAMS!!!!!!!

OMG..... OMG......... OMG...........

23. Mar17swgirl

Dec 26, 2000
    ::calms down a bit::

The Confrontation with Count Dooku has the most beautiful and awesome version of Imperial March and the finale left me literally breathless... It's AWESOME...

EDIT: Bad Mar, baaaaad Mar... NO LINKS HERE!!!

24. Darth_Potter

Nov 2, 2001
    Yes, I just read that. I was soooo amazed!!!! DOTF???? IM in full orchestra???? WOW!

25. Mar17swgirl

Dec 26, 2000
    Oh yes, and it worked PERFECTLY!!! :D

And the ending theme, I think it's Anakin and Padme (that grand bittersweet one) is AWESOME.

Oh, and have you noticed the little snippet of Anakin's theme at the end of the credits music? It's awesome, and then the small cue from Vader's theme follows... ::melts:: I love that music.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.