main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

OFFICIAL: C4 Is The Bomb Thread: C4 in LA, May 24-28 2007

Discussion in 'Star Wars Celebrations' started by Jedi_Dajuan, Apr 25, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tabula Rasa

Tabula Rasa Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 8, 1998
  2. Jairen

Jairen Manager Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 1, 2000
    Yes! Celebration coming to the UK. Go us! LOL

One word of warning though, the UK hotels tend to be really strict about number of adults sharing a room. They try to restrict it to 2 adults only, so the really cool room sharing that goes on in the US is unlikely to be possible over here - unless they clue themselves in to the possible money to be made from the bars! There are those of us that have cheated on that, but if they discover you they can throw you out of the room. In fact, in some of the city based hotels, they have security on the door at night checking your room cards against the system. More than 2 adults try to get to the same room, they flag it. I've seen it happen!

3. Lord-Tice

Lord-Tice Jedi Knight star 5

Aug 20, 2001
    Alternatively, London has plenty of cheap youth hostels, with room bookings for big groups to share. So book early and you can have the room share experience at a fraction of the cost :D

4. Enji

Enji Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 14, 2002
    Wow, I really need to go to London as well... :D

5. Jedi_Dajuan

Jedi_Dajuan Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 30, 2002
    A forum is coming...

6. DarkPrince

DarkPrince Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 10, 2005
    I've been wondering. Which one will be the better one to go to? London would be a nice vacation.

7. Lord-Tice

Lord-Tice Jedi Knight star 5

Aug 20, 2001
    I'm totally bias, so of cause I will say London :p

The only thing I would say is that the man in-charge of the London show has excellent contacts and a lot of the people involved with SW are UK based, so potentially the guest list could be better and unique. You can also visit the studios where the OT was filmed too, including the world famous Geroge Lucas stage at Elstree** :D

So London would make for a great holiday/vacation as well as a great Celebration at the same time. In an ideal world, going to both would be the main goal ;)

** Please note you can only see it from the outside as tours aren't allowed.

Thanks for the forum Dajuan :D

8. Happy Ninja

Happy Ninja Jedi Knight star 6

Mar 20, 2000
    I will echo those statements. They usually claim that they are on the grounds of health & safety. You may be lucky and will be able to squeeze a third person in a 2-person bedroom, but after that, they get kinda shirty about it.

This isn't just London as well, it happens everywhere.

Hmmm...Looks like I'm going to have to ask my Uncle if I can stay with him for a few days next July.

9. DarthBreezy

DarthBreezy Chosen One star 6

Jun 4, 2002
    Yep, I have a sister who lives in Bow - I guess it'll depend on the actual DATES.

10. ValedaKor

ValedaKor Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 25, 2000
    This was great news when Steve announced it down here at Comic-Con! I'm so pleased for the European fans -- this will be so much more convenient for you.

11. AboutaSith

AboutaSith Jedi Knight star 5

May 13, 2005
    Some of the universities rent out their dorms during the summer too, you can then just have everyone crash there! My mate rented one a couple of yrs ago while testing championship manager.

12. Cliodna_ben_Lhee

Cliodna_ben_Lhee Jedi Master star 4

Jul 4, 2003
    Does anyone know if the convention center has lockers for use by coonvention attendees? and if so, are they numerous or hard to come by?

13. ValedaKor

Oct 25, 2000
    Nope, no lockers. They do have baggage check areas (hopefully GenCon will take note of this and provide some staff for this service).

14. Rox

Rox Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 24, 2000
    AAnything get leaked at Comicon this past weekend about C4. I know Steve always is so tight lipped.

15. ValedaKor

Oct 25, 2000
    No :).

All he said is what we have been reading, that registration will begin in late Summer/early Fall. I'm thinking September, just like before.

And the stuff about the store being open 24 hours blah blah blah. Nothing new.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.