main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Official Celebration V Art work thread with Confirmed Artist

Discussion in 'Star Wars Celebrations' started by echo-3, Jan 27, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Obi Anne

Obi Anne Celebration Mistress of Ceremonies star 8 Staff Member Manager

Nov 4, 1998
    That's a bit steep for me. I'm not really an art collector, I just wanted something nice for my wall.

2. JediJustin

JediJustin Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 17, 2006
    I've got 5-6 prints on my wish list, but will most likely have to narrow it down to 3-4 to stay within budget.

3. echo-3

echo-3 Former RSA star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 11, 2002
    Well sadly for me Im going to have to limit my art perches because not only do you have to buy the print ,Ill have to go buy frames for each one when I get home. So instead of 10 im gonna stick with 4-5.

4. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    Are they going to post the final images of some of the "not final image/artowrk" examples? Dorman's in particular. Given that it's less than a week away now, I'd assume they'd have to be finished by now.

5. DavRab1

DavRab1 LFL Artist VIP

Aug 6, 2007
    I apologize for the short notice, I am taking reservations for my print, for Thursday at the convention only. As you might have heard no specific numbers may be reserved. Cost of print will be $50. PM or email me at davra@earthlink.net if interested.

[image=http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e147/DavRab1/Star%20Wars%20Artfolio/SW_CVprints.jpg]

This is the freebie I will be offering at my table. I will not be taking reservations for it though, first come first served. I will have 25-30 8.5 x 11 available, 50 oversize postcards and 100 standard size postcards.

[image=http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e147/DavRab1/Star%20Wars%20Artfolio/McQuarrieBobaFett_72.jpg]

6. TDHArtist

TDHArtist LFL Webstrip Artis star 4 VIP

Dec 31, 2000
    at 6pm PT (just about an hour) I'll be doing a LIVE Q&A about all the stuff happening at my booth (536) at CV! http://www.ustream.tv/channel/tom-hodges-live

7. McHaleyArt

McHaleyArt Sketch Card Artist VIP

Jul 29, 2007
    I'll be posting all my C5 final announcements and details late tonight. It will include all the info on commissions, giveaways, my C5 print, New ART, a special guest and more! Stay tuned!!!

8. McHaleyArt

Jul 29, 2007
    C5 is almost upon us, so here are the full details concerning my small contribution to this mammoth (ur...bantha)event!
    No reservations will be taken for any of the art or prints below.
    See you there!
    All my best,
    Mark

"Bounty Hunt"
    Print measures 18"x24"
    Hand Signed and Limited to 250.
    Price: Only $30
    Support your starving Star Wars artists!

[image=http://i151.photobucket.com/albums/s125/McHaleyArt/Artwork/SWC5ProofFINALCrop.jpg]

NEW ART!
    I created the following New, Non-Star Wars Art specifically for this show.
    Bus Stop
    Attributing some of the spirited characters from Hayao Miyazaki's beloved films.
    [image=http://i151.photobucket.com/albums/s125/McHaleyArt/Artwork/TOTORO11x17Final.jpg]

Indiana Jones Celebration
    I really wanted to do a new, available Indy piece for C5 and the best way to do that (with the time allowed me) was to give it away. It also supports the want (and need) for a Celebration for Dr.Jones and includes info on how to join the petition.
    Come on by... we'll have a Mini-Indy-Fest of our own!
    FREE! (no purchase neccesary...but greatly appreciated..."wimper").
    5x7 Post Card. Very nice and readily available to those that stop by.
    11x17 Print. VERY LIMITED to a small amount each day.
    Limit 1 free piece per people unit/per event.
    [image=http://i151.photobucket.com/albums/s125/McHaleyArt/Artwork/IndyCelebrationPostCard.jpg]

Special Guest
    Star Wars artist, Shea Standefer will be at my table Fri-Sun, helping out and working on her sketch cards for Topps' upcoming Clone Wars Season 2: Rise Of The Bounty Hunters! ...hmmm maybe I'll add something to her cards.
    With Shea's vast knowledge of the Expanded Universe (and my lack there of) our table will be precision balanced with the Force!
    Shea also wears a mean Slave Leia outfit...we decided that she will don the outfit for this show. I'll wear it for my next Toys 'R' Us appearance...kids need more nightmares.
    [image=http://i151.photobucket.com/albums/s125/McHaleyArt/Artwork/Shea.jpg]

Pricing
    $30 C5 Print
    $20 Various 11x17 prints
    $20 Print remarques and quick sketches
    $200 Fully Painted sketch card commissions. 6 spots. Sign Up sheet at event. There will be a limited list of characters to request so things run as smoothly as possible. Cards painted on SW Fan Days 2 & 3 stock.

Original Art
    Come a see new original art, including more Star Wars (and Non-SW) Art for upcoming projects, as well as preliminary work for my C5 print.
    Available for attendees to preview 1st!

>>Images fixed

9. Grimby

Grimby Technical Consultant & Former Head Admin star 7 Staff Member Administrator

Apr 22, 2000
    Thanks for the updates guys!

10. McHaleyArt

Jul 29, 2007
    ...and thanks for the fix!

11. Lostie

Lostie Jedi Youngling

Aug 5, 2010
    Hey guys this is going to be my first celebration and i'm really interested in Mchaley's and others artwork. I was wondering how high the demand is for all the artwork. Unfortunately i'm only arriving on friday, so are these going to be sold out by thursday or will I still have a chance to snag a few on Friday? Also if someone could point out where these will be sold on the convention center map I would much appericiate it.

12. McHaleyArt

Jul 29, 2007
    I think you'll be fine, finding what you want on Friday. I think we're located across from the autograph hall (or under them, if you're looking at the map). Where ever ACME is set up is close to the Art Show area.

13. Lostie

Lostie Jedi Youngling

Aug 5, 2010
    Thanks hope to see you there, funny I wasn't interested in the artwork much until I saw yours I liked it alot. I plan on having jeremy Bulloch (Boba) and Alan Harris (Bossk) sign it, It worked out perfect well see ya at CV

14. McHaleyArt

Jul 29, 2007
    Great! Seeya there!

15. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    One register! Resulting in a line several hours long- ACME botched this one- I guess LFL never saw a road runner cartoon ;). At least I still managed to get the prints I wanted.

16. echo-3

echo-3 Former RSA star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 11, 2002
    I WAS SO ANGRY Thursday, I finaly found artist allay at 10:30 and waiting till 3:30 to get my prints and then Some of the artist left for the day at 1 and 2 pm. WTF ! Acme came through the line claiming that LFL told them they could not have any more then one register . What ever people. I WASTED my hole day and I want my $45 back for the Thursday pass.

17. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    Despite all that, I managed to still get all the prints I planned on, and was able to get all the Hodge miniposters-woohoo!

Still, I did feel like I lost most of the day because of the Acme debacle.

18. drth sidious

drth sidious Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 24, 1999
    I spent four hours waiting in the line as well. Wasn't real happy about it. And I still had to come back Friday to pick up the print I had purchased since the artist had left by the time I got out of said line.

19. Bowen

Bowen Force Ghost star 5

Sep 6, 1999
    I've been to all five Celebrations, I have to say the artwork here was the best and strongest yet. I personally felt CIII had the best artwork before this, I am not sure why, I wasn't quite as impressed with what I bought at CIV. I mean, it was great, it always is, but I don't remember quite as many absolute must-have pieces as at CIII, where I felt like I basically bought everything and a large portion of it is hanging on my wall! The CV work was truly astounding.

Chris Trevas is a rockstar, his piece was amazing, Craig Howell as well (wow), Lee Kohse's is a favorite of mine as well, great piece, and so many others. I think I bought about 10 prints, I can't remember, but there were so many others I didn't buy that I wanted to, it's just right now, it's not only a money thing it's more like a framing and space issue.

I probably have at least 100 pieces of art NOT up on my walls, most not framed, that I have in storage, so I don't really need any more sometimes I just can't resist. One day I want a much larger place, then I will frame it all and store most of it, and rotate pieces in and out every 3 months or so. There is just so much good work out there.

Acme Archives also has a ridiculous amount of work that I wish I could buy, I'm a huge art collector of Star Wars stuff, but it's too difficult to get it all.

Thanks to all of the artists for their great work -- the Art Show is always a highlight for me, one of my favorite parts of any Celebration, it always gets me excited.

20. The2ndRest-in-Peace

The2ndRest-in-Peace Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 27, 2002
    Yeah, despite their major clusterfracking of the check-out line, ACME did have some awesome stuff at their booth. The one "shadowy Solo and Chewy" piece and the "Vaders helmet on the floor by his feet" in particular grabbed my eye (as well as many floor-goers), as well as the various "opponents in a mask's reflection" pieces. That metal Falcon spec plate was damn cool too.

21. MrZAP

MrZAP Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 2, 2007
    I got most of my slips on Thursday and Friday but didn't pay for anything until Saturday and Sunday (I told the artist's this would happen when I saw the line). They had two cashiers on Sunday, plus a really short line.:p

Also, lots of original pieces, mostly non Star Wars stuff!

22. gatodama

gatodama LFL Artist star 3 VIP

May 17, 2002
    I just want to take a moment to thank all of you who picked up he CV print(still can't believe we sold out!), came by for sketches, bid on the TK helmet project! Over $50,000 raised! (Tuskin Trooper raised an unexpected $1200 for Make A Wish!!! Thank you so much!), attended the Her Universe Fashion Show and supported the HU booth, or just stopped by to say hello! CV was fantastic and we had a great time! I think it may be my favorite one yet!

I am looking forward to the next one already!

As for now..i have work to get back to and what looks like a cold to shake that hit me yesterday as we were getting ready to leave Orlando.

So off to soup, work and prepping for Dragon Con....whew

Thanks again everyone!!

23. McHaleyArt

Jul 29, 2007
    Just some notes about my C5 print that will be available at StarWarsShop.com :
    Around 100 were destroyed at the airport because of weight issue. They were in the first batch numbered up to 143 and I don't know which ones were destroyed and which of those numbers sold...which means I can't re-number the shredded prints. So numbers 144-250 are available, which means only (roughly) 150 prints exist, (of which the remaining out of that 150 will be available for pre-order at SWS for a short time).
    Other existing prints include 10 Lucasfilm proofs and 20 Artist's Proofs.

Pertaining to questions I have received about purchasing the original: Lucasfilm has exorcised their 1st right to purchase and the piece is not available.

~Mark

24. McHaleyArt

Jul 29, 2007
    Now up for sale at Star Wars Shop:

http://shop.starwars.com/catalog/product.xml?topcatID=1300264;product_id=1323050

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.