main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Animated Shorts Official Discussion - Clone Wars: Chapter 20 ("The Jedi's Final Hour") [spoilers]

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Grilled-Sarlacc, Apr 7, 2004.

1. Plurimus

Plurimus Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 5, 1999
    Didn't the Jedi have a thermal detonator or something they could've thrown at the guy?

I also think a Force poke in Grevious's eyes could've distracted him enough for one of the Jedi to get a good hit.

2. Captain-Casualties

Captain-Casualties Jedi Youngling

Mar 24, 2004
    >>I also think a Force poke in Grevious's eyes could've distracted him enough <<

The Jedi equivilent to the Three Stooges!

Knyuck knyunk knyunk...

LOL!!

3. hbmartin

hbmartin Jedi Youngling

Jan 26, 2004
    I might as well chip in my 2 cents:
    19 was the best, 20 comes in a close second.
    There is no doubt in my mind the GG is some sort of force user. It's impossible for me to attribute his saber skills or quick movements to his robotic elements alone.
    And even Ki-Adi was sweating GG's approach (along with all the others trembling in fear). That is not normal psychological Jedi intimidation :)
    I think GG was using the force to mess with them mentally.
    GL, give us more CW cartoons. Pleeeease?

4. DarthSithLord

DarthSithLord Jedi Master star 4

Jul 12, 2001
    lol why is everyone so impressed by General Grevious? he only took out two Jedi, the rest lived..... because they did not have permission to kill certian people in the cartoon.

5. Darth_Meul

Darth_Meul Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 4, 2004
    lol why is everyone so impressed by General Grevious? he only took out two Jedi, the rest lived..... because they did not have permission to kill certian people in the cartoon.

Shaggy is the first Jedi that died, but who is the second? He slashes a Jedi down, after which Shaak Ti throws him some stones, but in the databank it says that particular Jedi was just gravely wounded. Who was the second Jedi to die?

6. Jedi_Benji

Jedi_Benji Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 2, 2002

Shaggy is the first Jedi that died, but who is the second? He slashes a Jedi down, after which Shaak Ti throws him some stones, but in the databank it says that particular Jedi was just gravely wounded. Who was the second Jedi to die?

The one who got his head crushed and thrown across the room :)

7. SLAVE2

SLAVE2 Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 6, 2000
    lol why is everyone so impressed by General Grevious? he only took out two Jedi, the rest lived

Well people were certainly impressed with Maul being able to take out two Jedi in TPM. And Grievous managed to hold off about 6 at once, so why wouldn't people be impressed?

8. Dead-Gecko

Dead-Gecko Jedi Youngling

Apr 12, 2004
    For all we know, the CW Ep 20 Grievous may bear as much relation to the Episode 3 Grievous as the Holiday Special Boba Fett did to the ESB Fett.

So who reckons that Sifo Dyas is the half-dead Jedi inside Grievous? Neatly establishing Palpatine's hobby of ressurecting dead Jedi as cyborgs....

9. earlchinna

earlchinna Jedi Master star 2

Mar 17, 2004
    I would have liked to see obi-wan's head kicked by grievous through the hologram....ouch! lol

10. DarthSapient

DarthSapient Jedi Youngling star 10

Jun 26, 2001
    Everyone and their brother have speculated about Grievous being either Maul or Sifo-Dyas. No forum seems to be immune from that thread.

11. SLAVE2

SLAVE2 Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 6, 2000
    If I had to put money on it I'd say Grievous is Sifo-Dyas, it would make sense and explain some things. Guess I'll find out in 2005 :D

12. Android5152

Android5152 Jedi Youngling

Apr 10, 2004
    I hate to be a downer, but it certainly seemed to imply that GG killed all those Jedi, hence Yoda's reaction...
    My four-year-old son definately seemed to think that was the case. "Look at how he beat all those Jedi", was his statement.
    I guess we'll have to wait and see in Ep III

13. earlchinna

Mar 17, 2004
  14. Blackout

Blackout Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 7, 2000
    Well, I've been away for the weekend, so I've only just had time to read through this thread. My 2p's worth:

? I wasn't overly impressed by GG either. He certainly seems to be formidable when he starts spinning, but doesn't seem to have any Force powers. So I don't see why the Jedi couldn't get a bit of distance on him and start using the Force. I'm going spoiler-free so it may be explained in EpIII, we'll see I suppose. I'm looking forward to seeing the "live-action" GG. I enjoyed Chapters 17-19 more though.

? I can't believe the number of posts in this thread alone that have needed to be mod-edited for spoilers. Jeez people, it's not that difficult is it? :mad: If you're smart enough to be able to type a post, then surely it's within reason for you to be able to read the announcements all over the JC? Sorry to rant, but really starting to hack me off now.

:) Peace out, people.
    {||||| ?||} ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

15. DarthSapient

DarthSapient Jedi Youngling star 10

Jun 26, 2001
    The 3SA mod cavalry has been called in.

16. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    //tweets his bugle...

;)

17. FloridaFilmGuy

FloridaFilmGuy Jedi Grand Master star 2

May 1, 2000
    What if GG is really the missing Jedi Syfo-Dyas, experimented on, as a prototype human-droid hybrid, that was perfected when Vader was born?

That would explain his lightsaber skill.....

The lightsaber is supposed to be the weapon of the Jedi, to clumsy to be used by others... but if he was a Jedi, because he is partly organic, it would explain things...

And somebody posted about Mace Windu, removign the bolts off a droid. Why couldn't the jedi strip the metal off GG with the force?

To be honest, the character was underwhelming to me... the whole droid army concept of the PT bothers me to begin with... I always envisioned the prequels as the clone wars, and the Jedi purge. Not what we got, but oh well....

18. CORRELIA-FOREVER

CORRELIA-FOREVER Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 4, 2004
    Was I the only one to be impressed by Ki-Adi Mundi?
    It was so thrilling to see him fight at last (for what we saw in AOTC wasn't realy focused on him).
    I was impressed by his calm leadership over all of the other Jedis.
    The look in his eyes when we first hera GG say "Jedis" is filled with determination.
    Notice how he was the last to ignite his lightsaber, and only when the battle began, which is the mark of a true experience (reminds me of a certain Qui-Gong who lit off his own when his battle vs Maul was temporarr interrupted).
    And it takes something to face a giant droid who wiped all your friends out and carries 3 lighsabers in front of you without even thinking about running...
    No, realy, if there's a hero coming out of this episode, it has to be Ki-Adi...

One sentence I regret him to have pronounced though is "We must try, Padawan".
    Remember what Master Yoda said... there is no try.

19. earlchinna

Mar 17, 2004
    Hey there was no spoilers in what I said! I don't read spoilers for ep3 and and everybody speak free about this clone wars episode: I was talking about the beginning of the chapter, when grievous smashed Obiwan's hologram, and I joked that I would have liked to see obiwan's face kick by the "holo-foot", tell me where is the spoiler?

20. jade-sabre

jade-sabre Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 18, 2000
    With the talk of resurrecting Syfo-Dias, I started thinking about Grevious being an alien Jedi with a super droid body to enable him to dominate the Jedi.

I know nothing about Syfo-Dias and his fate, so if Grevious has the force, who could it be? The best fighter I have seen with the force was...Darth Maul. But he died on Naboo, right? Could his brain have survived? Could the senator from Naboo have sent a team to find him in the shaft? He was wearing a comm link on his wrist. Could Maul = Grevious?

I think this is pretty far-fetched and Lucas will never expain the origins of Grevious, but this might create some more discussion.

21. Sith_Of_One

Sith_Of_One Jedi Youngling

Nov 19, 2003
    Of the Jedi's shown on the planet with GG, 3 were killed, 1 was gravely wounded and the other 3 barely survived the encounter.

Deaths:
    General Daakman Barrack, Sha'a Gi and Tarr Seirr

Injured:
    K'Kruhk

Survivors:
    Ki-Adi Mundi, Aayla Secura and Shaak Ti

P.S. Highlight to see hidden text

22. 16years

16years Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 21, 2004
    i agree with everything that dj jaded said-

HMMMMM....

I'm not so sure I like this new super-enemy they've created. Vader is supposed to be the one who hunts down and destroys the Jedi, not some super-cyborg.

I also take issue with the fact that he can handle lightsabers. I was holding out hope that they were only the trophies of Jedi he had killed. Only Jedi and Sith should be able to use them.

Overall, I loved the series. Especially Episode 19.

I'm just not so sure how I feel about this one.

May the Force be with us.

23. earlchinna

Mar 17, 2004
    Maybe he killed many others jedi generals during the battle before the scene....

24. 16years

16years Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 21, 2004
    i guess we dont know yet when we will see these on DVD?

25. gunshipackbar

gunshipackbar Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 30, 2004
    After that episode i can say that the EU character will either be K,Kruhk or Voolvif Moon