main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Official FF Europe meeting 2006 in Berlin, Germany, from 16. - 20.08.2006, planning thread

Discussion in 'Europe General Archive' started by Obi Anne , Aug 7, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Obi Anne

Obi Anne Celebration Mistress of Ceremonies star 8 Staff Member Manager

Nov 4, 1998
    So eventhough the 2005 meeting ended just today I think it's time to start planning the next one, I'm already looking forward to it. :D

The first things to decide is where and when to have it. So far the general rule has been to let an official FF chapter host the meetings. That's both a perk for the chapter, and an assurance that there are people available who would like to plan it. It's also a good thing if the ones who gets responsibility for it knows what usually goes on in a meeting. So far the European chapters who are official, but haven't hosted meetings are: GSFF, Spain, Denmark, Finland, Poland and Romania.

So let the discussions begin.

Edit:
    The meeting will be this summer from 16th to 20th of August in Berlin, Germany. :)
    Here is a little website for more information about Berlin and our plans. (Thanks, Michi)
    Take a look here!

:)

2. Cobranaconda

Cobranaconda Jedi Grand Master star 7

Mar 3, 2004
    Please let it be Croatia. They've already started planning for it, I think.

3. pirry

pirry Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 20, 2002
    Interesting thread... =D= [face_thinking]

Yeah, please, croatians, post in here your thoughts untill now ;)

But somehow I'm sure there can be more candidacies... ;)

4. Obi Anne

Nov 4, 1998
    Btw, maybe I should sticky this thread, what do you think about that?

5. TwiLekJedi

TwiLekJedi Pretty Ex-Mod star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 14, 2001
    The only thing less noticable than stickies are header links, so keep it a normal thread

GSFF would love to, but we need some internal discussion on that one first ;)

6. pirry

Jun 20, 2002
    Same as FF Spain. We all need to speak about it ;)

So good to see you, Senny!!! [:D]

7. gaiatha

gaiatha Jedi Knight star 5

May 25, 2002
    Jap, GSFF would love to. :D

But that's everything to say about it so far ;)

8. pirry

Jun 20, 2002
    What can I say? Same in Spain ;) I've already thinking about places, or so. But we'll see ;) :D

Hallooooooooooooooooooooo Jule!!!

[:D][face_love]

9. Lord-Tice

Lord-Tice Jedi Knight star 5

Aug 20, 2001
    Well, I think the GSFF deserve the opportunity to host the event next year, so they'd get my vote.
    They've been great to me and many others these past few years, and have been present at 3 Euro meets which shows commitment, that's for sure....plus they deserve a small rest from travelling so much ;)
    I also know that their members are more then capable of organising a fantastic big meet (I wont name names incase I embarrass them ;) ), they're very experienced and know exactly what is required. They just need to decide where abouts in Germany first :p ;) :D

10. ChimealHeltei

ChimealHeltei Jedi Master star 5

Feb 13, 2001
    After we *are* Pope and World Championship 2006, we have to be FF-Europe Meeting 2006, too! :p

No, serious: I think it's a good rule, that you have to be an official FF to host the Europe meeting, because it's guaranteed then, that there are enough people to organize such a *big* event. It's nothing against the Croatians, feel free to meet each other a few times and get official, that's only fair.

Besides rules I would like to have it here and it would be great for us to not travel next year again, Jule and I have to save some money...
    But I think voting is the most democratic way to decide that.

My two cents.

11. pirry

Jun 20, 2002
    Hallo Matt!!! Good to see ya. Hope the trip was so well!! :D [:D]

Michi, hallo!!!! :D you're at my signature :p

The true thing is: If you're expecting a lot of people of Spain coming to the meeting, I guess that won't be. Maybe as in Portugal, 3 or 4, enough to handle. But not 20 (because we're not even 20 ;) )

I really don't wanna say anything about the possible plans until I talk with the people of my Fan Force.

Really, I don't want any problems because of this, just each country will show the best they have and we can find a way toguether [face_love]

12. Enji

Enji Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 14, 2002
    Wherever it is, I'll be there... I think I said that like a million times during the meeting this year. ;)

13. pirry

Jun 20, 2002
    Ok, I'll be in south Asutralia!!

Who's in!!? :p

14. Obi Anne

Nov 4, 1998
    But I thought we had already decided on Hong Kong.

15. Enji

Enji Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 14, 2002
    Yeah. And we're all going to dress up as muffins. :D

16. pirry

Jun 20, 2002
    Sure, Hong Kong or South Australia, no more way. Both hosted by FF Sweden, of course.

Yes Nina, at last me!

Mi new jedi costume:

Yiiiahh!!

Don't hit the kinggggg!

17. TwiLekJedi

TwiLekJedi Pretty Ex-Mod star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 14, 2001
    [face_laugh] Hong Kong! :D

(actually, I'd like that. Well, not next year... maybe in 2025)

Manu, I think it won't really matter if you're 5 or 20 from FF Spain. But it would be cool if there's plenty of you, of course.

18. pirry

Jun 20, 2002

Oh, you mean when Spain will take over the control of all the Asian continent :p ;)

Sure, that's what I mean about the Spanish Fan Forcers ;)

19. Darthana

Darthana Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 24, 2005
    If Croatia become FanForce quickly, could we enter the contest?

20. Cobranaconda

Cobranaconda Jedi Grand Master star 7

Mar 3, 2004
    I would think so, but you need 3 meets of 3 people on 3 different dates.

So, unless 3 of you went into Zagreb every weekend for the next three weeks or so, you wouldn't be a chapter.

21. ChimealHeltei

Feb 13, 2001
    You don't have to do that in the next three weeks, I think a decision will be made not so early and proposals are welcome till then!

22. Qui-Gina-Jinn

Qui-Gina-Jinn Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 2, 2003
    May I make a proprosal?

I would very much like if we could avoid August next year, as I will probably be participating in a play (theater thing) by then...

23. Skiara

Skiara ~• RSA FFC •~ star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 5, 2002
    I agree with Camilla. :)
    At least about the first week of August, because then my grandfather is always celebrating his birthday and he's really old...

If the EFFM is in Germany, then it wouldn't be a problem. But I would be in trouble, if the meeting is in Spain, because I would love to go there (whenever the meeting in Spain is). :)

24. pirry

Jun 20, 2002
    Yeah, if the meeting is in Spain, we would need to change the date, at last some weeks. Just for not getting ALL the heat ;)

If the meeting is in Germany, then the date doesn't matter that much to me since it'll be harder for me to attend ;)

25. ChimealHeltei

Feb 13, 2001
    If it's in Germany, it should be mid July or later, because of the World Cup, which is from June 9th to July 9th. For Matt (and Dom?) it would be best right after the World Cup, because they/he just could stay here... September is to late I think, because some people start their studies then again.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.