main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

*OFFICIAL* Hyperspace discussion thread

Discussion in 'Archive: Revenge of the Sith (Non-Spoilers)' started by stinrab, Jun 7, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. obi_wan_kanathan

obi_wan_kanathan Jedi Padawan star 4

May 10, 2001
    The comment about coming back with Coruscant changed is interesting as well. The only two things I can think of that make Coruscant different are the space battle, and whenever Palpatine becomes emperor. Obviously, the Tantive IV isn't coming back from the space battle, so I assume that they're coming back after the Empire is created. But why would Yoda and Obi-Wan come back? I'll assume they weren't living under a rock while the Empire was declared, so they have to be coming back to either go up against Palpatine, or pick up someone else. Padme? Anakin? Mace?

2. arrowheadpodracer

arrowheadpodracer Jedi Master star 5

Apr 9, 2002
    I'm... a little..... confused.

Unless thats...

no. Cant be.

Yeah, I'm confused.

(Cool!)

3. Garth Maul

Garth Maul Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 18, 2002
    I can ease some of your confusion by telling you that the pictures you've seen of Anakin onboard the Tantive IV are promotional shots only, to correspond to Vader's entrance onboard at the beginning of ANH.

My guess is that the Republic has now become the Empire.

4. arrowheadpodracer

arrowheadpodracer Jedi Master star 5

Apr 9, 2002
    no, I knew that.
    Its just that I always thought those 3 would end the film together, or close to it.
    But if they're heading back to Coruscant, I dont think the closing credits are happening anytime soon.

So maybe my idea of the timeline is still correct, there is just more story after the part that I thought would be the end.

5. Tyranus_the_Hutt

Tyranus_the_Hutt Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 14, 2004
    I wonder at what point of the film this is?

[face_laugh]Do you really?

This BTH is a nice image, featuring Jim J. Bullock.....er, Jeremy Bulloch as one of the ship's pilots. The main point of curiousity here is Coruscant's noticably different look, which is alluded to in the caption. I believe it was confirmed in "Just the Facts" that there was one specific event which altered the appearance of things in the galaxy. Perhaps I am mistaken.

I know that this has been mentioned countless times before, but the new Knollvision image is monumentally underwhelming (yes, this is the case with just about all of them). First, you wait several minutes (it seems) for the thing to load, and then - poof! It's as though your hand has closed on air. What a non-event. (sighs)

6. Garth Maul

May 18, 2002
    Are you speaking specifically of the physical look of Coruscant?

It's hard to tell anything from that photo.

I'm guessing the one event would be the announcement of the Empire, I can't think of anything else that dramatic.

7. classixboy

classixboy Jedi Padawan star 4

May 18, 2002
    My sense of the plot is also confused now by that BTH pic.

I was under the impression that the Tantive IV would be like a getaway vehicle that would take Obi Wan and Yoda to their respective places of exile, sort of as if they are fleeing from some Imperial pursuers. Obviously my understanding of the film is influenced by the opening moments of ANH.

But anyway, where would Obi Wan, Yoda, and Bail have been all together to return to Coruscant from? I assume that they are returning to a newly Imperial Coruscant ... but are they aware of that fact? Are they aware that they are walking into enemy territory? So many questions ...

8. Garth Maul

May 18, 2002
    Okay. I would guess this is the last time that Yoda and Obi-Wan are on Coruscant, and *possibly* Bail Organa as well, if he is implicated in their escape.

At this point, Obi-Wan is back from Utapau and Yoda is back from Kashyyyk and they somehow met up with Bail.

They presumably have lost contact with Mace and the Jedi Council and are going to Coruscant to figure out what the heck is going on.

How much do they know at this point? Only that a whole crapload of stuff has happened. [face_thinking]

That's my educated guess.

9. RebelScum77

RebelScum77 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 3, 2003
    You're probably right, Dustin.

Bail and the Tantive IV do get out and about, on the frontlines. In "Obsession 3" he rescues Obi-Wan and Anakin and (presumably) takes them to Boz Pity.

So it's possible Bail was out in some battle and picked up Obi-Wan and Yoda, back from their respective planets, and they finally see what's been going down on Coruscant- probably Palpatine as Emperor and a very bad Anakin.

10. zenwave

zenwave Jedi Master star 1

May 30, 2002
    wow, reading these boards - and this thread - has got me so amped for this . . . i justset my screensaver prefs to use the folder of the 70 BTH photos I've saved so far!

Looking at some of these again - like the 6th one, of Obi Wan and two others walking across a beam - has me wondering how amazing the fisnished scenes will be!

11. Steve1977

Steve1977 Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 27, 2000
    It seems that (why is everything underlined?) the Art of Revenge is now available for non subscribers.

12. Garth Maul

May 18, 2002
    Our 3NS board is having problems with Mozilla/Firefox.

IIRC, the Art of Revenge becomes available to the general public the week after Hyperspace.

Last night's was alright - a couple of "Hammerheads" ready for action. I doubt we'll be seeing this in the film though.

13. Strilo

Strilo Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 6, 2001
    I am annoyed to all hell that Lucasfilm is releasing the ROTS trailer on TV before Hyperspace members get to see it. I went to the OFFICIAL SITE HYPERSPACE CUSTOMER SERVICE page and submitted an angry email. I encourage everyone to do the same.

14. Mace Windy

Mace Windy Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 3, 1999
    I've submitted a statement as well. What do we have to loose? I hope that more of us follow suit and complaints continue to be submitted.

:cool: Mace Windy,
    too windy for spoilers!

15. Garth Maul

May 18, 2002
    that Knollvision is actually pretty cool, just because the set is so cool/familiar.

Alderaan Cruiser.

16. leelee

leelee Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 4, 2003
    Awesome BTH tonight! I've been curious about Felucia and it looks really unique and colorful.

17. Garth Maul

May 18, 2002
    Wow - pretty alien environment.

That's really cool - you can barely even see the phalanx of Clonetroopers - I think they're in the right side of the frame.

18. Steve1977

Steve1977 Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 27, 2000
    Well Iv never even heard of that planet! which is great because it means I aint been spoiled :)

19. Akumz_Razor

Akumz_Razor Jedi Master star 4

Jun 25, 2002
    It's kind of hard to notice in the foliage, but there's a new kind of walker smack-dab in the middle of that picture.

20. obi_wan_kanathan

obi_wan_kanathan Jedi Padawan star 4

May 10, 2001
    Felucia looks very cool. I can't wait to see it on screen. :D

I'm not sure if it's been done so already, but the latest photoreceptor just cleared up a plot point in ROTS. I know that people have debated that maybe Anakin doesn't kill Dooku in cold blood on the TF cruiser, but instead kills him in self defense. However, the quote for the photoreceptor picture pretty much states that Anakin kills Dooku after being goaded by Palpatine.

21. leelee

Jan 4, 2003
    A cool knollvision for once... but I guess that you guys don't know why [face_whistling]

22. Lord_Hydronium

Lord_Hydronium Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 11, 2002
    Nobody brought up the AoR of Mygeeto? Apparently they dropped the ice worm idea, so I wonder if they dropped the rest of that concept as well and went with the ash idea or if they're just two aspects of the same planet?

23. leelee

Jan 4, 2003
    I hope that it is both

24. leelee

Jan 4, 2003
    The insider online supplement is up and the pics are incredible!! For the people that were nervous about the "musical sequence" anakin and obi wan attend... it looks fantastic! These pics are amazing!!! :eek:

25. RebelScum77

RebelScum77 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 3, 2003
    OH. MY. GOD.

Best photos EVER. :eek: :eek:

That's it... this movie is going to rule planet Earth, all those who stand in it's way will be destroyed.

The ballet looks incredible.

Was that Obi-Wan and Anakin actually laughing??

Everyone is fighting Palpsidious. They know.

And I'll say it again, there's more emotion in the photos we've seen than in all the rest of the movies combined.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.