main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

St. Lou, MO ***Official Movie Discussion Thread***.

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by quigon_brian, Jul 21, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. quigon_brian

quigon_brian Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 16, 2001
    6 days - June 30

I want to go wednesday, but I know it's gonna be rediculously packed. I might wait until something like thursday afternoon.

2. dudeman

dudeman Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 19, 2002
    brian-
    i was planning on going to see that on the weekend sometime.

i cant wait until i go see dodgeball.

and dajuan is so right: i was sorely disappointed with harry potter. they need to bring back the other director from the first two movies.

WARNING SPOILERS AHEAD

for one thing harry never gets his permition slip from sirius to go into hogsmeade so ron never gets his owl pigwidgeon. also, look into the 5th book (again more spoilers) when harry, ron, and hermione create the D.A. how is harry supposed to do this because he goes into the hogs head which is in hogsmeade. they will probably fix this problem by doing this in the great hall which is just stupid.

btw, jcf: yes i do enjoy NASCAR, my dad got me into it and he just started watching it last year. he likes dale jr a lot and so do i but if i had to pick a driver i would go with dale jarret.

3. Jedi_Commander_Faofa

Jedi_Commander_Faofa Jedi Master star 4

Mar 17, 2003
    Dodgeball? Good grief... I'd want to see The Terminal before I'd want to see that.

Young Owen, huh? Curse me for not knowing that...

Dudeman, check your PM box. ;)

4. dudeman

Jun 19, 2002
    i am almost positive that i am going to see spider man 2 this wednesday!!

5. chiss_man

chiss_man Jedi Master star 6

Jul 1, 2002
    Ok, lets go month by month here:

June:

I've already seen "The Day After Tomorrow" and it was ok. Kinda far fetched but good for a popcorn flick.

I'm planning to go see Spider-Man 2 sometime in the near future, either with my dad or a friend.

July:

I'm planning to go see King Arthur, don't know when or who with right now though.

August:

Mostly DVD's this month, as "The Passion of the Christ" and "Kill Bill Vol. 2" both come out. If there's anything coming out at the theaters, I must have forgot about it...

EDIT: D'oh, forgot about Fahrenheit 9/11. :p

6. Dagobah_Diva

Dagobah_Diva Jedi Master star 4

Sep 24, 2002
    There will be a completely new director for the 4th movie of Harry Potter. The one from the 1st and 2nd (Chris Columbus) was present during the 3rd but was just a producer or something. For the 4th it will be Mike Newell? Goblet is going to be dark and gruesome! Each book she writes gets more and more dark.

7. Jedi_Dajuan

Jedi_Dajuan Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 30, 2002
    Let's just hope the movie is better for the 4th one. All the books are pretty good, I just didn't like the movie.

I'm seeing Spider-man 2 on Friday and the Arthur movie the next Friday. After that, I'll be gone for a little over a week so no movies for me.

8. Jedi_Commander_Faofa

Mar 17, 2003
    Aliens Vs. Predator comes out in August. I'm definitely seeing that. I, Robot looks entertaining also.

Definitely seeing King Arthur. Definitely not seeing S2 or F:9/11. Before you all get into F:9/11 stuff, anti-American jibberish, you need to remember that this is the same Michael Moore who commented that the insurgents killing their own people as well as our soldiers over in Iraq are patriots and heroes similar to those Americans who were involved in our Revolutionary War. Anybody who says that, is, in my book, insane. End of rant.

9. Jedi_Dajuan

Dec 30, 2002
    Before we even go there, let us not discuss the F 9/11 movie. There will be too many hard feelings either way on this one. I do NOT want to have to lock this thread.

Topic outlawed, agreed?

10. DarthShoey

DarthShoey Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 28, 2003
    Aw c'mon Dajuan, it'll be fun!!!

Cause what he said was true, "from a certain point of view"

-kinda like Obi-Wan

11. dudeman

Jun 19, 2002
    seeing s2 tomorrow and i cant wait for harry potter 4 to come out, that was one of my favorite books.

12. chiss_man

chiss_man Jedi Master star 6

Jul 1, 2002
    *agrees with Dajuan*

Lets keep politics out of here. :)

I might go see Alien v. Predator, just cause I used to read the comic book series. :p

13. Jedi_Dajuan

Dec 30, 2002
    I've seen both Alien and Predator, both were alright. I don't know if I could see them kill each other, kind of like Freddy vs Jason. Nonetheless, tell me how it is.

14. _Mike_

_Mike_ Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 20, 2002
    SPIDER-MAN 2! SPIDER-MAN 2! SPIDER-MAN 2! SPIDER-MAN 2! I am seeing it tommorrow!!! *dances*

Oh, and Chronicles of Riddick was actually a good movie. Pitch Black was better though.

15. SteelLepp

SteelLepp Jedi Grand Master star 3

Sep 1, 1998
    Saw Spidey at midnight (and boy that has made for a long morning at work...lol), GO SEE IT!!!!

It is very good. Great mix of action, the human side of Spidey & the love story with PP & MJ. They set up possibilities for the 3rd film very well too.

Steel

16. Jedi_Commander_Faofa

Mar 17, 2003
    I didn't know there was a comic book series on AvP... I just played the video games.

Who do you think will come out the victor in AvP? Personally, I'm rooting for the Aliens. They can't cloak themselves like the "wimpy" Predators... LOL! JK. Predator is cool, I just like the Aliens better.

17. dudeman

Jun 19, 2002
    I SAW SPIDERMAN!!!!!!!!! it was so awesome!!! you can definately tell who is gonna be in the third and who is gonna be that villain. sorry if that was a bit confusing but i dont want to spoil anything

18. Jedi_Commander_Faofa

Mar 17, 2003
    The STL Post gave the movie 4 freakin stars. They wouldn't even dare to give Star Wars that much! I swear, sometimes the critics are on something... ;)

19. quigon_brian

Aug 16, 2001
    I can 't remember if it was Ebert or Roper, but one of them said that it was the best super hero movie they'd ever seen.

That's a pretty bold statement.

I would have gone last night, but I'm trying to meet up with one of my old high school buddies that I haven't seen since I saw the first Spiderman with him. If I can't get ahold of him today, I'm gonna go tonight.

20. quigon_brian

Aug 16, 2001
    When I was in Florida and had nothing to do one night, me and a bunch of my friends decided to head to the movie theater with no particular agenda. When we got there, the next movie showing that would allow us enough time to get some snacks was Shrek 2.
    The animation, while in my opinion not quite up to par with Pixar, was still breathtaking. It starts off with Shrek and Fiona getting back from their honeymoon. If anybody has been to Universal Studios in Orlando in the past year, they have no doubt seen the Shrek 3-D show which leads up to this movie. I believe they're also selling it on DVD now. Anyway, they get home from their honeymoon to find out that Fiona's parents want them to come and visit so they can meet Shrek. From the begining, Shrek makes it clear he doesn't want to go. The scene where they show up in her parents' kingdom is IMO one of the funniest scenes in the movie. While there, Shrek begins to feel that he made Fiona become part of a life that she's too good for. He goes to the Fairy Godmother's house to find a solution.
    The only thing I didn't particularly like about the movie was the music. Especially at the climax when they played "I need a hero". I prefer the orchestral score from the first one.
    If you liked the first Shrek, this is a must-see.
    My final grade: B

The STL Post gave the movie 4 freakin stars. They wouldn't even dare to give Star Wars that much!

Do you honestly think TPM or AotC deserve it? Seriously.

21. Jedi_Commander_Faofa

Mar 17, 2003
    Seriously? I think Star Wars TPM and AotC deserve more stars than most other movies they have reviewed in the Post got. TPM should have gotten at least a 3 1/2, but I think they gave it a 2 or something. It's all because of Jar Jar and the Gungan idea...

22. Jedi_Dajuan

Dec 30, 2002
    Yeah the SLPD really ripped TPM bad. It wasn't near as bad as they said. Yes it was flawed, but still a good movie. Grrrr.

Seeing Spider-man2 in an hour and 45!! :D

EDIT: smilie

23. Jedi_Dajuan

Dec 30, 2002
    Spider-man 2 Oh my GOD!!!!! Awesome, much better than the first. Less cartoony bad guys, and better characterization. Be nice to see MJ kick some more though. I hate whimpy girl characters. I need to see this again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

24. yodaismygod

yodaismygod Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 25, 2002
    I think I am going to see spiderman 2 today at about 4ish at st. charles 18, if anybody wants to go let me know.

25. Comic_Guy

Comic_Guy Jedi Youngling

Jun 30, 2002
    "Do you honestly think TPM or AotC deserve it? Seriously."

Exactly. Except for the last 20 minutes, which is where it's actually good. Hopefully Episode III will earn ATLEAST 3 stars. It would be lucky to even earn that many.

I am defienetely loking forward to Spidey 2. I'm still reading Goblet Of Fire, but unfortunately I've read that the new director is Mike Newell, who made the extremely boring Mona Lisa Smile. But guess who's up for Voldemort? Ralph Fiennes. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.