main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

*Official* Online Resources

Discussion in 'Collecting' started by LAJ_FETT , Jun 3, 2005.

1. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    If you suggest some German places I'll be happy to add them. The list was started based on sites I've used successfully and was added to by other posters suggesting places. Since there haven't been any suggestions for German sites none have been listed. (This applies for other unlisted countries as well).

r2dtoys are still in limbo. I believe they are trading on Ebay from the USA under a different name. However their UK website still has a 'reopening soon' page that was put there before Christmas.

2. Skiara

Skiara ~• RSA FFC •~ star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 5, 2002
    That would be great. I linked three German sites above and I try to get another one - hopefully I can get my brain back working (aka remember) again. :p

That doesn't sound good for r2dtoys. :(

3. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    I added Germany and your sites into the list.

4. Skiara

Nov 5, 2002
    Thanks! :D

5. Skiara

Nov 5, 2002
    Laj, as I promised, here's another link for the German section: http://www.toy-palace.com/index.php?cat=c180_Master-Replicas.html :)

6. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    I've added them in. I think I've seen them mentioned on Rebelscum but I've never ordered from them.

7. Skiara

Nov 5, 2002
    Thanks, Laj. :)

I didn't ordered from them myself, but I know someone who ordered SW stuff a few times and there were no problems.

8. IncomT65

IncomT65 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 28, 1999
    Toy Palace is well known for mainland European collectors. However, I have nevered ordered from them, due to the high prices.

9. IncomT65

Jul 28, 1999
    While we're at it, I'd like to suggest Gator, a small Dutch vendor, with a well maintained online shop. I've bought all of my Gentle Giant statues and maquettes there, as well as some Kotobukiya models.

10. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    Thanks Incom - I've added the Netherlands and Gator to the list.

11. IncomT65

Jul 28, 1999
    Thanks, there are more Dutch sellers, but to be honest, Gator's the only one I've dealt with, apart from some ebay stores.

12. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    r2dtoys - an update: I received the following email from them:

Dear Friends.

It has been some 6 months since we have traded, dispelling rumours, we simply
    could not continue to lose money.

You have all, over the years, become more than customers. I owe you an apology
    for not making more of an effort to explain to you why r2dtoys simply faded away
    without warning.

It saddens me that things panned-out the way they did, even more so that I have
    had no contact with any of you since our business was damaged beyond repair last
    October.

The continued thefts from our warehouse, cash money at shows, and blatant
    disregard by some of our workers to service you, all contributed to our closure.

At rhe end of the day this was my responsibility, of course the buck stops with
    me, but it was just uncontrollable from America.

So this email serves a purpose to you all.

First as a thank you, secondly as an apology, and thirdly as a heads-up.

My 10 years of hard work being the best Star Wars supplier in England didnt come
    easy, and i dont want anybody to lose out from that hard work.

Those that know me very well, know i worked 7 days a week and even sacrificed my
    family life for the love of the business. This was a mistake, of course,
    however I wanted our business at the top of its game all the time and we were.
    It was at the expense of my personal life, and this time, i decided to put
    myself first and i am glad to say things are working out extremely well for us
    in America.

This leads me into some good news.

After all my years of hard work and effort, and for all your loyalty and
    support, I have finally found a company that can take a real grip on the UK Star
    Wars market as I once did, and put you many thousands of customers FIRST, and
    give you back the one-stop-shop you are missing. There is still no strong or
    decent Star Wars retailer in the UK so its sorely needed.

They are still completing their website, when it is done, i will email you all
    and explain whats going on. But you can look forward to brand new figures just
    as fast as you are used to, for an awesome price of just £2.99 each !

This is a revolutionary approach to Star Wars in England.

I am not going to be involved, believe it or not, i am back in the Japanese Car
    industry ! But these guys are serious and will do a better job than I ever
    did.....because they have the funding and distribution network.

Please watch your inbox soon.....an email will hit you with details.

Our website, customer base, supplier lists and all our contracts have been
    passed on - so there WILL be a new website BUT you can still order through the
    old website because my 8 years of adding 2500 products is just too good to
    waste.

Thanks for your attention, and i hope to catch up with a few of you when i come
    back to England in July. I may even see you at Memorabilia.....

John.
    http://www.r2dtoys.com

So if I get further news I will post it. For now I will leave them in the list with the note against their name.

13. DarthWormie

DarthWormie Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 22, 2004
    For the US list you could add Sideshow Collectibles (didn't see them on there) and remove Code3 since they no longer offer SW merchandise.

14. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    Thanks Wormie - I've done that!

15. DarthWormie

DarthWormie Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 22, 2004
    No problem. Here are a couple more that I didn't see on the list:

www.federationtoys.com

www.whitewizardtoys.com

16. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    Added Batsons Toys in under UK. I was looking for the second version of Koto Boba and came across them on Amazon UK. They had him in stock and seemed to have good feedback so I took a chance. I ordered him on May 15 in the evening and he was delivered today in good shape! (The fact that his antenna parted company with his helmet during assembly was not their fault.) So I can recommend them.

17. MotF

MotF Jedi Master star 2

Jun 2, 2001
    Question. I have done several searches to find out how much the Pizza Hut Ep I 12' banner would be going for now. Can anyone point to the right direction?

Thanks

Cathy

18. CrazyMike

CrazyMike Former Mod & RSA star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 4, 2000
    Hi Cathy, I think that you wanted to post this question in the thread below this one. Your best bet would be to keep your eyes on EBay. I have seen these banners appear there from time to time. I have the same banner and would guess that it might be worth $50 to $100.

19. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    I checked my books really quickly and didn't see it listed. Like Mike said, your best bet is probably to keep an eye on Ebay.

20. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    Unlocked this as I didn't realize it had autolocked.

21. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    Added Imaginaire in Quebec, Canada at the recommendation of Fallen-Hero. Note that the site comes up in French but there is an option for English up top in the header.

22. PatttyB0123

PatttyB0123 Former RSA star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 2, 2003
    I want to sell part of my SW collection. I know this question was already asking, but which was the most secure to do that.
    I want my SW get in the right hands.
    Can you please tell me who will like to buy it some of my toys?
    Or which company.
    We are having a fair in our city and they are adding Science Fiction area this time,
    and 501 will be here, but the city is making some many rules about selling things that I just gave up. I was going to sell there my SW things, but feeds for that and times for set the booth and etc.

23. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    Pattty - if you can't sell at the fair then eBay is probably your best bet. If you have a large amount of items your best bet is to break it up into smaller groups (by character or film, for example) so people don't have to bid on a large amount of items just to get a few things that they want. Alternatively, our sister site Rebelscum has a classified section on their boards. You have to register to post but it is free.

SusysAccessories likes this.
  24. SusysAccessories

SusysAccessories Jedi Youngling

Jul 9, 2014
    Hello newbie here! I have always loved Star Wars since its first release and I saw it at a drive in theater. Nothing was better than that huge screen and creating your own surround sound by loading speakers on each window.

LAJ edit - sorry - advertising/soliciting isn't allowed here.

25. Fornax3D

Fornax3D Jedi Youngling

May 10, 2016
    I dont know if its the right place but I make Custom dioramas, props

[​IMG]

LAJ Edit - sorry but we don't allow advertising. I'll leave the pic since it looks pretty good though. Our sister site Rebelscum has classifieds if you want to post over there.
    img