main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Official Rebels Collecting Thread

Discussion in 'Archive: Boston, MA' started by starwarschick14, Aug 7, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dex1138

Dex1138 Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 8, 1999
    Thanks for the info, ObiDon.
    And welcome aboard!

2. DarthWormie

DarthWormie Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 22, 2004
    Managed to pick up a few "goodies" last night after work. Found the Clone Commander figure to go along with the Clone Pilot and Palpy with Blue Lightsaber that I found a couple of days ago.

My best find was the GG C3PO bust at the Suncoast Video store in Marlborough. They are having a 25% off sale on most of their SW stuff so I ended up getting him for about $30! :D

3. starwarschick14

starwarschick14 Jedi Master star 4

Feb 19, 2002
    Mike, I can't believe you picked up that bust for $30. I am VERY envious. I wonder if my Suncoast has anything...

Next week I'm going to start hitting all the 7-11s within reasonable distance of my dorm to get all their exclusive stuff. I'll probably just wait on the BK stuff and pick them up on eBay later. There's a complete set up now going for $150+. None of the fast food toys from past films are worth much now so I'm not going to stress out over getting them as they're released. It's hard to do anyway when you're a vegetarian and despise almost all fast food. :p

Welcome ObiDon! Where in MA are you from? :)

4. DarthWormie

Jul 22, 2004
    It's definitely worth checking out Rosie. On top of the 3PO bust I got, they also had a second 3PO bust, 2 Luke X-Wing Pilot busts, and a Stormtrooper bust. The retail on the Luke and ST busts was 45.00, so add in the 25% off and you've still got a prtty good deal.

Some of the Suncoasts are also know to carry the 45% scale MR sabers.

5. DarthWormie

Jul 22, 2004
    Okay guys (and gals :) ), I managed to pick up about 5 of the M&Ms order forms for the plush SW M&M dolls. Anyone who wants one can drop me a PM and I'll send you my address. All I ask is that you send along a SASE and I'll get the form out to you ASAP.

6. DarthWormie

Jul 22, 2004
    It may be too late, but for anyone who missed out on the Code 3 exclusive at C3 may want to RUSH over to their site. They released a final 285 or so that they held back for their "Guild Member". It's free to join and they're selling for the same $20 price from C3 plus S&H. I went overthere last night and was able to get me one and it's already been shipped out! :D

BTW: Their site is at www.code3.net

Good luck!

7. Dex1138

Sep 8, 1999
    They are in fact, sold out. Oh well :)

8. DarthWormie

Jul 22, 2004
    Picked up a couple of the SW toys at BK today. Went in ther for lunch and got a "Jedi Meal". Basically it's any Value Meal with 2 SW toys for an additional $2.50 or so. Got the Falcon and the Carbonite Han.

It appears you can ask for a particular toy though. The packages are not as blind bagged as I thought they would be. Of course I didn't think of asking for the Vader/Ani one until after I left. :oops:

9. Dex1138

Sep 8, 1999
    Some folks on the collecting forum have said they heard some stores let workers buy the toys before they were available to the public...including the Vaders!!! grrrr!

10. DarthWormie

Jul 22, 2004
    I've read this happening on other collecting sites as well. Can't say I'm surprised though. What does surprise me though is that they're actually making the employees pay for them. When my brother was a kid, he used to work at McD's and his manager would let the kids working take whatever toys they wanted. Of course that was before people actually collected these.

11. Dex1138

Sep 8, 1999
    A lot of places now consider that stealing ;) My mom told me how a girl at her work (Shaw's) went to buy food for her break & was going to run out to her car after to get the money. She ate the food before paying for it and was fired for stealing :shock
    But yeah, I managed at McD's for a few years and things like that do happen. I remember the horror weeks of Beanie Babies *shudder*

12. Jedi_Outcast77

Jedi_Outcast77 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 10, 2003
    When I worked at Olympia Sports they would let us pick out new stuff that just came in before we put it out onto the floor too.

13. DarthWormie

Jul 22, 2004
    Yeah, this was waaaaay before the whole beanie baby and collectible toy phase. This was probably around 1987 or so. A couple of times he would come home with a big box of whatever was leftover at the end of a particular promo. His boss didn't want them hanging around, so he'd let the employees take them.

That's how I ended up with a set of the Looney Tunes characters in DC Super Hero costumes :D Anyone old enough to remember those? ;)

14. starwarschick14

Feb 19, 2002
    Anyone old enough to remember those?

Not me! ;)

I've gotten so many Star Wars goodies recently, I am SO BAD! I need to stop spending money! I have no will power whatsoever! AHHHH!

15. DarthWormie

Jul 22, 2004

Not me! ;)

Sure, rub it in you young whipper-snapper! ;)

Well, got my C3 exclusive ESB poster from Code 3 yesterday. For such a small piece it has a lot of weight to it. I can only imagine how heavy the full-sized ones are. It also has a built-in stand so you can display in on a desk or in a cabinet.

I really like this piece and I'm hoping this won't be the last of the small-sized poster they do.

16. Dex1138

Sep 8, 1999
    I have a set and my step-dad has the in-store display :) That was back when I used to work there, hehe.

Is the C3 Code 3 (C3^2? lol) poster smaller than the normal ones? I know the regular ones are small-ish in size.

My comic shop (Harrison's!) had a 50% store sale this past weekend so I grabbed a box of RotS movie cards. I'm one freakin card short of an extra set! But I can't complain. I got all 6 foil chases, both lenticular morphing cards (odds 1:24 packs. never tell me the odds!) and a sketch card. Can't remember the artist but it's of Aayla.
    The cards are great: thick and glossy. If anyone needs a couple cards to finish a set, PM me I have a few extras, maybe I can help ya out.
    Finally got to 7-11 to get a slurpee cup too. It's like SW-maina now that I've seen the movie LOL
    I also picked up my first SW fig since Coleman Trebor: Clone Commander. Still trying to decide if I want to take him out of the package. I have so many Attacktix cluttering up my shelves I have to find a place for him.
    If you happen into a BK (and really, who won't with the toys?) check out the small drink cup it has an awesome graphic combining PT characters with Luke & Leia.

17. DarthWormie

Jul 22, 2004
    The C3-C3 mini poster is indeed smaller than the others. This one is only 4x6 (it seems bigger though) while the other posters are I believe 8x10.

18. Dex1138

Sep 8, 1999
    I don't know how many times I passed the booth. Never stopped in, never found out about the poster til the end of the con when the were gone.
    Ah well, what can ya do? :)

19. DarthWormie

Jul 22, 2004
    Managed to score one of the GG C3 Exclusive Sandtroopers today over at the GG site. Didn't have a Stormtrooper yet for the collection and this one is as good as any to start with :)

20. PadmeSusyQ

PadmeSusyQ Jedi Youngling star 1

May 13, 2005
    Some day I will have enough to get the Fao Schwarz Queen Amidala porcelain doll with travel trunk. They only made a couple hundred of them and they are gorgeous!!!!

It is going on E-Bay for $900.
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=37890&item=6535921806&rd=1&ssPageName=WDVW#ebayphotohosting

**sigh** I need that winning lotto ticket.

21. starwarschick14

Feb 19, 2002
    ^I adore that Padme doll too, and unfortunately do not own it either. It's just gorgeous. Someday, someday. :)

My Code 3 AT-ST is in transit and should be arriving at anytime! I can't wait! I have NO idea where I'm going to put it, but I'll make room somewhere! I can't wait to get my room all nice and tidy again so I can take more pictures of it. When I get back to school my dorm room is getting a major overhaul. I might rearrange some of my furniture, but the biggest project will be rearranging everything on my walls! I have a lot of stuff to put up and not nearly enough room. Some creativity and ingenuity will probably be required. But the end result will be totally worth it. :)

I highly recommend issue #31 of Star Wars Empire! The art is fantastic (I may be biased but most people agree with my assessment in this case ;)), and I actually enjoyed the story too.

22. DarthWormie

Jul 22, 2004
    Saw this story over at boston.com a few minutes ago. Make this a lesson, always insure your collection!

Collector wants 'Star Wars' toys back
    June 7, 2005

LINCOLN, Neb. --Angry he is. Jason Scott wants his "Star Wars" collection back,
    including his 12-inch model of a beast called a tauntaun and his C3PO and Darth
    Vader carrying cases.

And especially the original and rare "blue snaggletooth" figure that showed up
    in the first film's cantina scene.

Scott said Monday that he's posted a $1,000 reward for his stuff, which was stolen
    last week from his padlocked storage unit inside his Lincoln apartment building.

"These figures are vintage," he said. "Some were the hard-to-find 1985 figures"
    -- like a Death Star play set, for example.

Scott said he's posted reward notices around his apartment complex and remains
    hopeful, but the loss is uninsured.

He'd been collecting seriously since 1994, and he said his 92-piece collection of
    action figures is only five short of the 97 total. He estimated the 92 pieces together
    could fetch $3,500 or more in an Internet auction.

"It would be nice if the person just set the stuff back on my doorstep," Scott said.
    "Fifty percent of it is I want the person to get busted, but I want the stuff back
    more," he said.

23. DarthWormie

Jul 22, 2004
    Well, my C3 exclusive GG Bust came yesterday...with a broken finger :( I emailed GG in hopes that they will offer to replace it or at least fix it for me. I'll keep you updated :)

24. Meriwyn

Meriwyn Former RSA star 4

Mar 22, 2002
    You just can't seem to have any luck with GG, do you Mike? LOL

25. DarthWormie

Jul 22, 2004
    No kidding Meri! :D First I get 12 Han Solo busts, now it's a Stormie with a broken digit. :oops: I can't seem to catch a break with these guys ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.