main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Official Rebels Collecting Thread

Discussion in 'Archive: Boston, MA' started by starwarschick14, Aug 7, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarthWormie

DarthWormie Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 22, 2004
    Make sure you head over to your local Target. They have the Boba and Grevious in the tall round packaging in the clearance aisle. Saw them the other day for under $10 each.

2. Jedi_Outcast77

Jedi_Outcast77 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 10, 2003
    Thanks for the tip Mike! I stopped at a Target on my way home and found a Grievous. This find sent me on a hunt that led me to another Target, a Kay-Bee, and a Toys'r'Us. The Kay-Bee was the only one that had any Unleashed figures, about 8 Darth Vaders and a couple of the Asajj Ventress', both of which I already have. I'm going to do some more hunting either tonight or tomorrow and try to find more.

3. DarthWormie

Jul 22, 2004
    Glad to hear you scored a couple of them. I too saw the vader one tonight at the KB in Burlington. They must have had a dozed or so of them stacked up on the floor.

4. chewykingwookie

chewykingwookie Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 24, 2005
    I saw a DV Unleashed on Kaybee the other day it looked like the BB one so I stayed away from it. I wonder if it was the new one that is out. I can't remember which one they are re-releasing I hope it is one I don't have.

5. Jedi_Outcast77

Jun 10, 2003
    I found Boba Fett last night!!! I decided to go Target-stumping last night and after getting lost trying to find a Target that is visible from 93 :mad: and coming up empty handed I stopped at another one and found Boba. I'm going to hit a few more stores today (got the day off :D) to try and find some that I don't have yet.

The Darth Vader that's out now at Kay-Bee isn't the ESB version, it's a re-release of the BB Vader. I also stopped at a Walmart today and they had the Luke RotJ and Vader ESB! I think that I've found all of the figures that I'm going to find. Anything else and I'll have to just find it online.

6. chewykingwookie

Jul 24, 2005
    what figs are you looking for? If I find something you need I will pick it up.

7. Jedi_Outcast77

Jun 10, 2003
    Here's what I have so far:
    Aotc figures: Anakin / Padme / Obi-Wan / Yoda
    RotS Figures: Grievous / Chewbacca (with the Wookiee shield [face_plain]) / Vader (IMO this is more of a RotJ pose but the case said RotS)
    ANH figures: Han (running up the Falcon's ramp)
    ESB figures: Luke (Snowspeeder pilot) / Vader
    RotJ figures: Boba Fett / Luke / Emperor Palpatine
    EU figures: Asajj Ventress

At this point I think that I've got all of the figures that anyone will find in stores. Unless LFL does another run of re-released figures like they have with this bunch I'm going to have to do my hunting online. Although if you happen to see something let me know and I would gladly pay a bounty for such a find :D.

8. DarthWormie

Jul 22, 2004
    Dang, too bad I wasn't aware of what you needed. About 2 months ago I decided to seel off all of my Unleashed. Had a few that are not on your list too like the Red Clone and Slave Leia.

All I have left are Hoth Luke and AOTC Yoda. :(

9. Jedi_Outcast77

Jun 10, 2003
    No worries Mike. I had a chance to pick those up from you around Christmas time and passed :oops:. I'm just going to keep my eyes open at some of the local toy stores and flea markets. I'm probably going to go to the flea market up in Derry, NH this weekend, so I'll start there ;). I also went to one of the online toys shops and found a bunch of the less popular figures at decent prices ($15-$23), so I can resort to that if needed.

10. Jedi_Outcast77

Jun 10, 2003
    The last thing I was planning on doing this weekend was a little 'Merry Christmas to me' shopping, but I just couldn't resist. I was in Walmart the other day and while buzzing through the toy section a saw a Shocktrooper:Unleashed figure! I almost walked right by it and nearly pulled a hammy stopping to pick it up. I've got to start making more room for these things.

11. DarthWormie

Jul 22, 2004
    Wow, you found one still on the pegs? That's pretty amazing. I though about picking one of those up until I realized that it's just a repaint of the AOTC Clonetrooper with a badly sculpted helmet.

12. Jedi_Outcast77

Jun 10, 2003
    It wasn't really on the pegs per-say, it was on the bottom shelf barely in view as I walked by. I almost missed it altogether but the packaging, which was badly mangled, caught my eye. The figure itself was still in good shape so I snagged it.
    I see your point Mike about the redo of the AotC clone, but it's still kinda cool to look at. It's one of the few in my collection (IMO) that truly looks like it was a pose taken straight from the movies.

13. DarthWormie

Jul 22, 2004
    Have you seen the new wave of the large scaled Unleashed? They're rereleasing the Obi and Anakin ROTS figures with new paint jobs as well as a rerelease of the Stormtrooper one repainted as a BHS.

14. chewykingwookie

Jul 24, 2005
    I have seen pics of these new Unleashed I look forward to getting the BHS that looks great.

15. Jedi_Outcast77

Jun 10, 2003
    By 'large scale' Unleashed do you mean the 8"+ size figures or is there a new line of figures that's even bigger than before?

16. DarthWormie

Jul 22, 2004
    Yeah, I mean the 7"-8" scale ones as opposed to the Unleashed 'mini' scaled battle packs.

17. Jedi_Outcast77

Jun 10, 2003
    That's what I thought but I just wanted to make sure. I'm running out of room for these things as it is and don't think I'd be able to keep up with something bigger than the standard size figures. I also found some more through Amazon.com. Most of them are out of circulation, so their prices go between $30-80.

18. DarthWormie

Jul 22, 2004
    If anyone out there stumbles across a deal on the SideShow 12" Obi-Wan, let me know ASAP.
    Much thanks!

UPDATE: Got my Obi-Wan at a decent price.:D

19. Wildstar02301

Wildstar02301 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 7, 2003
    I'm not a hardcore collector by any means, but I thought I'd give a site I've become aware of a plug here, since it deals with collecting. It's called AllTroops.com, and they offer an array of free tools to allow you to manage your collection from any computer with an Internet connection. You need to become a member of the site in order to use the tools, but that membership is also free (they run a store to support the site). There's a description of all of the tools in the "About" section of the site if you want to give it a look before you join. :D

20. Jedi_Outcast77

Jun 10, 2003
    I stopped into my local Walmart last night and hit the lottery! I picked up the Anakin and Obi-Wan (RotS versions) and the re-painted Stormtrooper as a ShadowTrooper, which IMO looks good in black. I already ran out of room the last time I picked up a few of these guys and now I have 3 more w/o a place for them. I should have grabbed a shelf while I was there :oops:.

21. DarthWormie

Jul 22, 2004
    Well, you could always keep them at my house.;)

22. WifeofVader

WifeofVader Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 22, 2005
    I don't know if any of you will be looking for these but, Newbury Comics and KB Toys at the Solomon Pond Mall both have the Star Wars Coin Collector kits with a collectible DV figure and DV coin included to get the collection started with.

I am hoping that someone will pick one up for my birthday before they are gone. Question is, where to get other coins.

The kit was about 3-4$ cheaper at KB... I believe it was only $8.99

23. DarthWormie

Jul 22, 2004
    Wov, you may want to hit your closest Target soon. I was at the Milford one tonight and they have the Vader with Coin Holder on clearance for only $6.63.

24. WifeofVader

WifeofVader Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 22, 2005
    Hey... thanks for the tip!

I have to do some birthday shopping for my daughter anyhow and was planning to hit Target in my travels.

-K.

25. chewykingwookie

Jul 24, 2005
    Target on Lincoln St in Worcester has 3 of the DV coin albums for 6.63. I think Marlboro has some as well.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.