main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

OFFICIAL~SMALLVILLE Discussion thread. (Spoilers Galore)

Discussion in 'Archive: SF&F: Films and Television' started by JediPriestess, Jan 4, 2006.

1. Vader_vs_Maul

Vader_vs_Maul Jedi Master star 3

Dec 4, 2003
    I think it would be cool if they brought in Brandon Routh to guest star in an episode. So far they've had the Lana from Superman III playing Martha Kent all this time, Christopher Reeve and Margot Kidder have guest starred in key important guest roles, Dean Cain had a guest role in season 8, if I remember correctly, and Teri Hatcher will play Lois' mom in an epsiode this season. It would be a nice touch, I think. Lord knows Brandon needs the work. What is he doing these days anyway? :p

It wouldn't even have to be much. It would have been awesome just to have Clark bump into him on the street on his way to a rescue or something.

2. Master_of_les_pauls

Master_of_les_pauls Jedi Master star 1

May 28, 2010
    I am loving season 10!!!!!!!!!! I can't remember a season of Smallville that has had a stronger start then this one. Homecoming has become my new favourite episode, I loved every second of it. I particularly loved future Clark and Lois, it was great to see that even after seven years of being together Lois is still THAT in love with Clark. Erica was amazing in this episode.

Also I loved how Tom played future Clark in that scene, I know it sounds a little silly but even as in his nerdy Clark duds he screamed Superman to me. Clark oozed confidence, it was not just his clothes that were different but his entire posture seemed a was different. This was a man who had no inner darkness and no doubts, this was the man of steel. I for one can wait to see Clark finally become this!

Also wha a pay off at the end, he finally flew!!!!!!!!!

3. Vader_vs_Maul

Dec 4, 2003
    Why does Oliver still use the voice changer when he has revealed to everyone that he is Green Arrow? And why does Clark put all that gel in his hair and slick it back when he's still not showing his face? So the top part of the blur that whizzes past people will be bright and sparkly?

4. -polymath-

-polymath- SFF:F/TV Trivia Host star 4 VIP - Game Host

Jun 7, 2007
    Yeah, I don't quite understand why Oliver goes through all the trouble of having his voice sound like Green Arrow's when he's disclosed to the entire world that he is, in fact, Green Arrow.

And I don't understand why Clark does his hair differently than he normally does. I also dislike how the jacket is always unzipped when he's being the Blur. But whatever...this has been a great season so far. I am just really enjoying the Clark/Lois dynamic.

5. Vader_vs_Maul

Dec 4, 2003
    The unzipped jacket kind of makes sense, though. The shirt underneath makes out the blue part of his future costume, and the 'red-blue blur' formula. Also, you'll notice that his blue shirt is now a lighter blue, more in tone with the traditional Superman suit.

6. Dawud786

Dawud786 Chosen One star 5

Dec 28, 2006
    Green Arrow's voice has always been horrible. I'd rather they not have ever done that.

7. -polymath-

Jun 7, 2007
    Oh, and I liked how "Jane Sterling" played Lucy Lane. She's a great actress. But I am really starting to question the use of the Suicide Squad. There's so much more mythology building stories that could be told that I think the Suicide Squad is a distraction.

8. Dingo

Dingo Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 23, 2001
    Good use of Teri Hatcher. Nice intro to Granny. Great reveal on Tess. And nice to see Jor-El and Lara.

Also, did people catch the nice easter egg in the Watchtower symbol?

9. Master_of_les_pauls

Master_of_les_pauls Jedi Master star 1

May 28, 2010

Couldn't agree more, also it was great for them to finally use darkseid's name, I was starting to get fed of him just being referred to a darkness. Now its time for them to show what he's master an for getting the anti life equation (or what ever its called lol ) and then let see him!

Also what was the easter egg?

10. Dawud786

Dawud786 Chosen One star 5

Dec 28, 2006
  11. Dingo

Apr 23, 2001
    Actually, it was a full "JLA".

And there was another fun trivia thing in that Justin Hartley's wife played Harriet.

12. Yodaminch

Yodaminch Chosen One star 6

Mar 6, 2002
    He's Baaaaaaack [face_devil]

Great ending tonight. The cast and crew have done a phenomenal job so far with this season.

13. RedHanded_Jill

RedHanded_Jill Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 16, 2004
    Great episode!

14. GenAntilles

GenAntilles Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 24, 2007
    Wow, that was a good episode. I can't believe Lionel is back! He tagged along to Clark when he came back and now Evil Lionel is in our universe!

And next episode! Saul Tigh is Deathstroke fighting Daniel Jackson Hawkman! The awesomeness of that is beyond measure.

15. JediPriestess

JediPriestess Jedi Master star 4

Jul 28, 2004
    Oh Smallville how I love thee! And welcome back to the MB! Now all we need is Rosenbaum and this fangirls every wish will come true!

16. GenAntilles

Jul 24, 2007
    Man why is this show ending, this has been the best season ever.

17. Yodaminch

Mar 6, 2002
    I loved how Lionel looked directly at the camera at the end. Speaking directly to the audience. Great touch

18. -polymath-

Jun 7, 2007
    Although I think it's the end of the line for Hawkman, sadly.

19. GenAntilles

Jul 24, 2007
    Yeah but he'll be back, and with Hawkgirl next time. I mean it is Daniel Jackson playing him after all. Clark just has to wait about 20 more years. Still the idea of Saul Tigh killing Daniel Jackson with a katana while Daniel flies around is something so awesome I never could have concieved of it.

20. Violent Violet Menace

Violent Violet Menace Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 11, 2004
    To be honest, I found Clarks remarks about the Luthor blood a little contrived. Clark, who always is the do-good boy scout who tries to see the good in everyone, would be out of character to be so judgmental, especially when Lionel for some time before he died was helping Clark in favor of his own Lex, and seemed to have genuine concern for him. It would have been okay and smart for him to be rejecting and skeptic about the character of Lex himself, and by extension his clones, but his line about the poisonous Luthor blood felt tacked on only to make a compelling plot thread leading to the revelation of Tess' identity to Clark. Clark doesn't strike me as the kind who would have rejected Tess simply because of her blood, especially considering she was raised at the orphanage, away from the Luthors.

Also, what's with completely forgetting the existence, even by reference, of Julian Luthor, in the alternate timeline? Or maybe because Lionel already had two sons in this timeline, he didn't see the need to have a third.

21. GenAntilles

Jul 24, 2007
    Well that went as expected. Deathstroke vs Hawkman was awesome, even if I already knew what would happen. And Deathstroke must have gotten some Deadpool healing powers or something. Glad Clark and Lois are finally getting married and staying together. Sad to see Hawkman go, but he'll be back with Hawkgirl in a few years, though we'll never see that since the show is ending. Have no idea what the heck happend with the thing coming out of the sand and knocking everyone out. The entire Justice League showing up for the funeral was epic though, never have seen them all in one place at the same time.

And from the preview for next half it will be epic. Lionel and Lex teaming up, Clark losing his powers, looks like Black Canary gets more screen time. And it looks like Clark finally becomes the American hero rather than the vigilante outlaw. More of Deadshot and Col. Flag, would have liked to see more of his group during this crisis.

22. JediPriestess

JediPriestess Jedi Master star 4

Jul 28, 2004
    OK seriously? What is with all the spoiler tags? It clearly states in the title of the thread spoilers galore. That's just really annoying. [face_plain] And yes I know there maybe some fool that happens upon the thread that hasn't seen the episode. But honestly pretty much its the same people posting in here and we all know the score.

At any rate, probably one of my top 5 episodes ever. Damn its going to be a long 6 weeks. :(

23. Dingo

Apr 23, 2001
    Definitely a good episode, although with some of the things that have been revealed as known by those outside the League (like Clark's identity) I wonder how either that cat will be put back in the bag or dealt with as being known on a wider scale....

As to the funeral, it's only the first 5 that were the actual actors. The back two are supposedly Cyborg and Aquaman, but we know neither Alan Ritchson or Lee Thompson Young were credited, nor were Serinda Swan, Kyle Gallner or Phil Morris for Zantanna/Impulse/John Jones as the three at the back. Whereas Alaina Huffman was credited and used in the rest of the episode, which they would have done if the others were available. (Not to mention: no Mera; Jones in the long shot down the coffin is shown to have hair; and we don't see the faces of any of the others) But yes, we did see a representation of the entire team together. It's just I would have liked it better if it was the actual whole team (which I hope we get before the end of the series).

24. -polymath-

Jun 7, 2007
    It was a solid episode but I don't understand what happened to knock everyone out after they laid Hawkman to rest. That was just strange...

25. Yodaminch

Mar 6, 2002
    My hope is it was Chloe that did it. I don't like the idea of Darkseid or Slade being smart enough to pull off a trap at Hawkman's grave. But Chloe would know where it was and it seems when she touched Fate's helmet, she knew what events were coming (like the proposal).

Lionel just got back so I have issue with it being him as well. Flagg might be able to pull this off. But if that happens, I demand the WALL return. Young Lex is cunning enough I suppose. Seems like he and Lionel reunite based on that preview.

Also, I'm with everyone else on the JLA. I want to see ALL of them by the end in one episode(Arrow, Cyborg, Aquaman and Mera, Impulse, Zatanna, J'onn J'onzz, Stargirl, Black Canary, Hawkman and Hawkgirl (yes I expect them to be resurrected), New Dr.Fate and hopefully Booster and Blue Beetle join up as well. And hopefully they are led by Superman.

Still angry about the Batban and Wonder Woman's limitations. It would make the whole thing so much better. Still holding out hope for a GL.[face_mischief]