main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Provo Official Social Thread!

Discussion in 'SouthWest Region Discussion' started by MiaTieska, Jul 14, 2007.

1. MiaTieska

MiaTieska Jedi Master star 4

Jan 3, 2003
    For anyone else fighting the winter blahs, this article has some great tips on what foods to eat and what they contain that helps keep your energy up or keep your mood and feelings less angry, blah, depressed, etc.

Then it goes through those minerals etc. and gives a couple different suggestions of how to get your daily dose. Awesome article.

Brazil nuts work WONDERS. I've been a cranky witch for most of the winter and FINALLY went in 2 1/2 weeks ago to Good Earth to buy some Brazil nuts (they're currently $4.69/pound last I checked, but a pound lasts you forever). I just eat 2 nuts a day, and it took a couple weeks for it to sorta kick in/build up/whatever, but my mood? Has been completely turned around. With the exception of a few grumpy things here or there about school, I am chipper and cheerful and happy and even silly sometimes and I've missed it. It's awesome and the timing was perfect with exactly 2 weeks after I started taking them.

Also, sunflower seeds are a good source of Vitamin D (what we're lacking in the winter cause the sun is gone, which is a reason for getting sick and being affected by SAD), but my dad told me the liver has to break that down into what your body can use, so if you buy Vitamin D-3 capsules specifically, it's even better for you.

Anyone else have any ideas or suggestions for fighting the winter blahs?

2. _JediKnight_

_JediKnight_ Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 5, 2002
    My idea = winter can end :)

I am ready for the nice weather to come

3. _JediKnight_

Apr 5, 2002
    Hey everyone! How is everyone doing now that finals are over at both BYU and UVU? I am glad to be done with the semester

4. DarthIshtar

DarthIshtar Chosen One star 10

Mar 26, 2001
    I'm looking forward to a mini-vaca this weekend.

Jedi Knight Fett likes this.
  5. _JediKnight_

Apr 5, 2002
    Cool! Where to? Anywhere fun and exciting?

6. DarthIshtar

Mar 26, 2001
    To visit my favorite aunt near San Francisco. I'm leaving on Friday afternoon and getting back Monday night.

Jedi Knight Fett likes this.
  7. MiaTieska

Jan 3, 2003
    Me and Ish saw Star Trek tonight. It's so amazing!! Go see!!

8. _JediKnight_

Apr 5, 2002
    I was gonna ask if any of you wanted to go see it as a group. I saw it tonight on IMAX. I agree it is amazing and IMAX made it that much better.

Anyone interested in seeing it as a group sometime?

9. MiaTieska

Jan 3, 2003
    I plan on going to see it as a matinee sometime again soon. Maybe a Saturday?

10. _JediKnight_

Apr 5, 2002
    Yeah, matinees are always good. I think Saturdays should work. Depends on what my new work schedule will be. If its this next Saturday I could go to a morning matinee since i don't work until 3.

11. DarthIshtar

Mar 26, 2001
    Note: I will be participating in Big Brother (on the boards) and therefore not posting here for sometime.

12. _JediKnight_

Apr 5, 2002
    Just wondering if anyone else here is going to comic con next week. I am going. Will be my first time going to a convention, so not really sure what to expect. Haha.

13. DarthIshtar

Mar 26, 2001
    I wish, but I have to keep my days off for August 15-24 when I'm going back to Boston.

14. MiaTieska

Jan 3, 2003
    I'm so jealous!! I've been trying to go to Comic Con for years, but every year something comes up, usually finances or lack of people to go with.

I've mostly been to smaller cons, though I did go to C3. Expect lots of crowds, lots of noise, lots of lines for panels/autographs/etc., and things to cost lots of money. ;) It's go go go all day fun, so make sure to take time out to eat and stuff.

Have I mentioned I'm jealous? ;)

15. DarthIshtar

Mar 26, 2001
    Yeah, that was how C4 was.

16. _JediKnight_

Apr 5, 2002
    Yeah, it was kind of a last minute thing for me. My friend was able to get me a free pass. Now I'm just trying to work out all the rest of the details, like how I am getting there (hotel is already taken care of though).

17. MiaTieska

Jan 3, 2003
    Oh, that's nice! And unless you can get a super cheap last minute plane ticket, at least Comic Con is close enough you can drive to if your car can make it. (I say that because I'm pretty sure mine couldn't, but hey, you never know.)

18. _JediKnight_

Apr 5, 2002
    Well, forgot to come and post after the con. It was AWESOME!!!!! Can't wait to go again next year. Got to meet Dave Filoni (director of the the Clone Wars cartoons)and have one on one conversations with him. Got to meet Steve Sansweet and Seth Green as well. Oh and Olivia Munn. Plus some others, like Peter Mayhew and Ashley Eckstein (ahsoka form clone wars)

All in all it was great. I think I am now addicted to comic con. If you are interested in seeing any pics let me know.

19. MiaTieska

Jan 3, 2003
    We should be seeing the switchover to the new CR _JediKnight_ soon, our RSA (Regional Support Admin) changed recently, hence the hiccup. :)

What's everyone doing for Thanksgiving? I'm down in Arizona, it's been a great vacation so far. :) (Minus the being sick part.)

20. _JediKnight_

Apr 5, 2002
    I am not doing much for Thanksgiving. Just staying here in Provo for the most part. Going to spend Thanksgiving day at my parents house. Other than that just working a few hours here and there trying to make enough to survive since my work cut my hours a ton recently.

Sorry to hear you have been sick Mia. Get well soon!

21. MiaTieska

Jan 3, 2003
    Hey, staying at home is great for Thanksgiving. :D

Sucks to hear about hours being cut at work, though. :(

22. oldbenk31

oldbenk31 Jedi Master star 3

Feb 27, 2003
    Same as everyone else it seems, staying home with the family-watching a little college football-Happy Thanksgiving All!

23. DarthIshtar

Mar 26, 2001
    It was also my birthday today and I had a lot of fun. :)

24. MiaTieska

Jan 3, 2003
    Happy Birthday yesterday! :)

Whew this week has flown by. Why do parents seem to make things overcomplicated?

25. _JediKnight_

Apr 5, 2002
    They are parents.....it's their job ;) hahaha