main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

So NV Official SWG Thread

Discussion in 'SouthWest Region Discussion' started by JonnyFlamehead, Jun 30, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JonnyFlamehead

JonnyFlamehead Jedi Youngling star 3

May 30, 2002
    ...As requested by Talon,

this will be the new official Galaxies thread. Since not everyone on these forums play this game, there is no need to polute the boards with our SWG stuff. So anything related to SWG should be placed here.

Name update:

Savic
    Kachyna
    Alexander
    Vitrious
    Synn
    Xack
    Errid
    Ekul

If I missed any just post em.

It's going to take forever to get our guild formed. We need a Master Architect to get us a PA Hall. But as far as I'm concerned our group is formed so it's not too late to help each other.

...Anyone out there have armor for me, or is there anyone that can make it??? I'm getting thrashed!

I'll be on later tonight, if anyone would like to group please send me a /tell

2. GersonSith

GersonSith Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 30, 2002
    If you can start collecting bones and hides, I can start making bone armor fairly soon, but it takes quite a bit of resources to get a full set. If you have Novice Scout you can harvest hides and bones from any animal that you kill. So if any of you scouts have excess bones and hides (you should have a lot if you're a scout since thats how you get xp) I can make clothes from them as well as armor. I haven't invested too much into the clothing tree yet since I'm focusing on engineering, but eventually I should be able to make all kinds of clothing, which I know Axia will appreciate.

I am curious about something having to do with faction missions. If anybody has tested this yet or heard anything I'd like to know:

Let's say there's 5 people who all want to be Imps and are about to do some faction missions. If they all get 2 missions going in the same direction, can they then group giving a group total of 10 Imp missions all in the same area? If this can work that's a GREAT source of money, xp, and faction points for all if they're spread out within the group. I'd love to try this sometime or hear if someone has already.

3. JonnyFlamehead

May 30, 2002
    ...I would image yes, since I've done it with normal missions, not faction missions, i don't see how it would be any different. It's by far the most efficient, but only if your group has a medic, and a scout so you can heal imbetween, otherwise you may get thrashed. I'd like to organize this when we're all together like on July 11th.

4. JonnyFlamehead

May 30, 2002
    ...Missions are bugged right now I think. I would advise anyone who wants to level to just hunt around the city and wait for a patch because Vitrious, Axia and I were doing missions and never got paid. I'm sure it will be fixed soon. I just wanted to let people know...

5. Gambler

Gambler Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 14, 2002
    yeah...something is very low about missions faction and money...

On the other hand...great night tonight..tried gettin most of our group together for a bit of fun..not bad for a random week day. I will say..the Sacul team will be on as often as possible every Sunday to do group stuff...but please /tell us if you see us online cause we tend to stay in the same cities as one another.

Brief Group update...

add Grazzt Sacul (Austin)

and Axia of course...and Anand (Talon Wolfe)

As of tonight... 3 of us bought a small house on tatooine just outside Bestine.

We have been on every night soo far.. just random times.. but lets get together more often.

Lastly...please post any other names that are missing.. I was grouped tonight with about 3 others whose names I have not seen on here... I guessing we just added them for numbers...but Post any that are missin.

Also..if ya havent figured out..not everyone in this game groups to help..some will join and do nothing..watch you get killed maybe..or just hang out for the loot. Beware of them... cause they get some of your faction pts and money... and I think group sharing is great...but not if you a 100m away from the group...hehe

6. cbielich

cbielich Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 4, 2002
    Same goes with me making the Armor, the more we get Ekul (Me) and Errid can produce mass amount for our group. Errid we need to get together and plan some strategies so we can get some mass production going.

C

7. JonnyFlamehead

May 30, 2002
    I NEED armor!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

8. GersonSith

Apr 30, 2002
    I can offically make as of right now Bone Armor Boots and Bone Armor Gloves. If you can supply a bunch of bones and hides I can craft them for you happily. I'll let you know when I bump another skill and can make other Bone Armor Parts. I'm concentrating on weapons so Bone armor is about as high as I'll be able to craft.

EVERYONE: If you want a new weapon, let me know what type and I'll make it for you. Otherwise I make weapons all day and just sell them. Last night I made a carbine for Axia that had 22-39 damage, that's the best I've done so far, but I'm sure I can do better.

9. JonnyFlamehead

May 30, 2002
    dude, I'm a marksmen, I'm going to want good weapons all the time!!!

can you make one of those d18 pistols or dh17 carbines? if not then can you make charges for the guns you made me?

Or how about a T21 Rifle??? YEAH!

10. GersonSith

Apr 30, 2002
    Once I hit novice weaponsmith I can start making the real stuff, but until then I can only do souped up CDEF stuff. I can make powerups for weapons though, both ranged and melee. And the more you guys use me, the faster I can get to the good stuff!

11. JonnyFlamehead

May 30, 2002
    At what point do we become K.O.S. to the rebels?

12. Axia_Euxine

Axia_Euxine Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 25, 2003
    If you become an overt imperial any PC or NPC Rebel can open fire on you, anywhere at anytime.

If you are covert you will only be fired upon if you fire at someone. Unless you acquire a temporary overt status, by helping a imperial or opening fire on rebels

13. JonnyFlamehead

May 30, 2002
    I'm not clear on the difference between Overt and Covert...

...also there is a huge debate on tipping entertainers and medics. I try to tip 50c for musicians and 100c to medics is that enough?

what do you guys think???

14. GersonSith

Apr 30, 2002
    I'm poor all the time cause I can't do destroy missions solo and don't have the in game patience to run deliver missions for 20 creds a pop. So I tip all that I can afford usually that means 1 credit per point of battle fatigue or wound damage that gets healed. I feel for those professions that rely on selling their goods for their main source of income. I'm finally starting to make money selling things I make on the bazaar so its looking up. I'll eventually just blanket 1000 credits for anyone helping me out. Someday...

I can finally make bone armor helmets and arm pieces as well as harvesters and power generators. The only things I can't harvest like mad are bones and hides so if you want bone armor you'll have to come up with a huge portion of them. I mean like 40 hides and 40 bones per piece of armor. I'm only one step away from Novice Weaponsmith now so I don't mind crafting anything and everything for you guys. Even booty shorts.

15. Axia_Euxine

Mar 25, 2003

Overt, Next to your name floating over your head is a little Imperial simple basically saying "HI EVERYONE!!! I'M AN IMPERIAL, I'M NOT WITH MY GROUP TODAY SO GATHER ALL YOUR REBELS BUDDIES UP AND FILL ME FULL OF WHITE LASER DEATH!!!! NPCs will also attack.

Covert, your imperial but no symbol appears over your head. NPCs may attack from time to time and they may treat you differntly when talking to them. You have to accept a duel from opposing faction players. You cant trade with opposing factions and they cant be in your PA or group.

If, while a Covert you heal a Imperial. Or join in a fight with an imperial you may gain a TEMPORARY OVERT STATUS in which the overt rules apply.

16. Darth_Vitrious

Darth_Vitrious Jedi Youngling

Mar 21, 2002
    Ok, I am a Novice Architech now. I can make full bone armor (every peice) as well as a novice medic. I can make the armor, I can make stims and in battle I heal because when I fight I die quickly (like 2 hits).

I am working towards the guild hall and if progression goes as it has I should be able to do guild in 1 to 2 weeks. I will be doing houses by the weekend so we need to pick a place to set up camp at.

I located my base in Bestine, all my resource harvesters are there. If anyone would like added to my harvesters please email me in game (vitrios) and let me know and I will add you and email (in game) waypoints to them. All I ask is please help pay the maintenance fees on them buy putting a couple hundred credits in every time you use one. If you have any question about them or anything please let me know. I think I am one of the few in this group that has been playing mmorpg's since they where text based!

17. GersonSith

Apr 30, 2002
    I have a question...how can you afford harvesters? I can't seem to make much money and the money I do make pays for training, medics and dancers. I have deeds for harvesters and power generators, but I'm afraid to plant them because of the maintenance costs. So whats the secret? I am very close to Novice Weaponsmith now and have trained medic to start heading up to Bio-Engineer as well, that should be fun.

18. Gambler

Jun 14, 2002
    Well...our house is just outside Bestine..and we plan on getting one for each member...so we can later create a player city...cause you can always Re-deed your house and place it some place else. If anyone is interested in building near us...let us know... the mineral and chemical tools read high in the area for a few things. We plan to have several houses to go with the TSS guild hall. :)

On another note...

We are trying to plan a group get together by Sunday...we plan on traveling to Naboo for the day or so.. Cant stay long..but need a change of pace...new stuff to look at.

But we wont be there very long..cause we must maintain the house and stuff..

19. Darth_Vitrious

Darth_Vitrious Jedi Youngling

Mar 21, 2002
    Can I get some cord for you house? I will create my house there and probably move (or add) some harvesters in the area.

My trick to money is as follow. Make surveyors or crafting kits, sell them for 150-300 each on the bazaar. I sell about 20 a day of these (3000-6000 credits) then I do delivery missions between two cities (Usualy Bestine and Espa) take 2 missions to the same location will net you about 1k each trip. Most trips can be completed in under 15 mins so that 4k an hour. Other than that when I am in town I watch what people say. I have made stims for people, fiberplast panels and other things. Most people will pay well although it seems alot of people are cheap skates, they have no idea how much work goes into what we make!

20. Aspiring_Master

Aspiring_Master Jedi Youngling

Jun 24, 2003
    I went to the house and I can't get in....when will the house be open to all of TSS?

21. JonnyFlamehead

May 30, 2002
    Now that I can solo missions I've been getting about 4k an hour also and getting tons of XP from shooting/killing/harvesting creatures. I'm going to stock up on $$$ for when that space expansion comes out.

Is there anyone in our guild that can make personal sheild generators???

22. Gambler

Jun 14, 2002
    This house...is just a house..not a guild hall Aspiring Master...

The plan is for each member eventually to have a house that they own...and a guild hall we share for TSS. But..the more houses we group...the better chance of a player city in the future.. not to mention..we can re-deed the house and move them to other locations..

I will email you the waypt in game.. and for those who want the waypt.. /tell me when I am on.

23. Talon_Wolfe

Talon_Wolfe Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 8, 2002
    You guys rock!!

Vitrious, do you need anything from us as you get to the point where you can make a guild hall?

24. Axia_Euxine

Mar 25, 2003
    Yeah, send me the waypoint. Email to axia in game

25. MoronDude

MoronDude Jedi Knight star 6

Nov 1, 2000
    I am so seriously drooling over my keyboard right now!

I'll be listening and reading everything until i finally have this game for myself, then I'll join in fully and with gusto!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.