main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Official "The Clone Wars" Series Discussion Thread (Spoilers Allowed)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by RevantheJediMaster, Jul 15, 2005.

Tags:
  1. JediMasterGuff

JediMasterGuff Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 18, 2002
    I'm glad someone said it. That was really annoying

Now I could very well be mistaken here, but I was led to believe that Lucas said at Siggraph that each episode would focus on a different character(s). That means that not only can we get a bunch of Obi-Wan/Anakin stories between 23-29 months ABG, but we can get stories throughout the entire war focusing on both exisiting and brand new characters.

2. RevantheJediMaster

RevantheJediMaster Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 12, 2005
    Sorry but I was only repeating myself because sometimes new people come to the board and don't read the thread before posting. Sorry again and I'll stop doing that. Yes we can maybe see stories set in the 6 months you mentioned. It was stupid of me doing that though.

3. RevantheJediMaster

Jun 12, 2005
    I'm excited to see what Lucas Animation has in store for us with the Clone Wars 3D Animated Series.

4. Ive_Got_Two_Legs

Ive_Got_Two_Legs Jedi Youngling star 4

Jul 18, 2005
    Yes I think we will see many wonderful things in the 3D Clone Wars Animated Series due out in 2007.

5. RevantheJediMaster

Jun 12, 2005
    With the original Clone Wars Animated Micro-Series picking up another Emmy The Clone Wars 3D Animated Series is going to have very high expectations. Congrats to the Clone Wars for winning another Emmy!

6. Ive_Got_Two_Legs

Jul 18, 2005
    Yes this means we will see many more new things in the Clone Wars Animated 3D Clone Wars Show debuting in 2009!!

7. RevantheJediMaster

Jun 12, 2005
    Can you please stop mocking me I'm sorry I did that let by gones be by gones.

8. ROTS_Obi1

ROTS_Obi1 Jedi Master star 4

Mar 16, 2005
    Yes, the live action series is slated for release in 2008-2009, and the new Clone Wars 3D animated series in slated for release in 2007.

9. Teegirloo

Teegirloo Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 26, 2005
    Well it's a long ways away but im glad that it's going to be made.:D

10. soriano329

soriano329 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 22, 2005
    I oppose the new Clone Wars series

11. JediMasterGuff

JediMasterGuff Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 18, 2002
    Any reason why?

12. soriano329

soriano329 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 22, 2005
    I oppose the new 3D clone wars because there was already a clone wars cartoon which as perfect in leading you into ROTS. I don't want another clone wars cartoon, I'd rather the cartoon take place somewhere else in the saga.

13. RevantheJediMaster

Jun 12, 2005
    Chapters 1-20 were all taking place at one time so not much was covered. It will probably go more in depth and teach us more about characters we have already gotten to know and teach us about new characters. Since the Clone Wars 3D Animated Series is going to have 30 minute episodes they can show more things. We will probably see many new battles and lightsaber duels. GL has said the original Clone Wars Animated Micro-Series was just the Pilot Series. How many casual Star Wars fans do you think actually saw, read, played, etc. on the Clone Wars I';m pretty sure not that many did. I think the Clone Wars 3D Animated Series is going to get more publicity, better ratings, and will be more mainstream. I would rather have the Animated Series to take place in another era or time period but I'm fine with the Clone Wars. "Sansweet described the look of the new series as a melding of Asian anime with unique 3-D animation styling." That quote is how Sansweet described what the Series would like. I think it will look like Final Fantasy VII:Advent Children. Below is a link tot he trailer of Advent Children.

http://psp.ign.com/objects/608/608155.html

14. RevantheJediMaster

Jun 12, 2005
    http://filmforce.ign.com/articles/657/657053p1.html

Ranch Handling Animated Star Wars Series
    "The animation is being done right now as we speak," says McCallum.
    by Todd Gilchrist
    October 7, 2005 - On October 6, 2005, Rick McCallum, producer of the upcoming Star Wars animated series, told IGN that the forthcoming series is already deep into the development process on George Lucas' Marin County, CA Skywalker Ranch. "The animation is being done right now as we speak," McCallum said during the press day for the Star Wars: Episode III - Revenge of the Sith DVD. "It's starting to prep and you should talk to Rob Coleman about that, who's deeply involved in it. [The animation] is being done here at the Ranch."

Rob Coleman, who was Animation Supervisor for Revenge of the Sith, said that he is also involved, but hasn't yet determined what role he will play in the production. "Rick and I haven't talked about it yet," Coleman said. "I am involved in the animated series right now. We're here at the Ranch as Rick said and we're currently working on the project and I'm very excited about that. The live-action is a little further out, so we haven't had those discussions yet. But knowing George and knowing the franchise there's going to be animated characters in there, we just haven't discussed them yet."

McCallum added that some of the effects work will be completed in China, but his first priority is finishing the scripts for each episode. "A lot of the effects will be done in Singapore," McCallum said. "But that won't really start moving forward ? I mean, it's just now conceptual work and script work now. George is trying to get 13 scripts done first before we really get into the pipeline of it. But that will probably start happening at the end of March."

15. ROTS_Obi1

ROTS_Obi1 Jedi Master star 4

Mar 16, 2005
    Hopefully we will get a few concept images in the near future.

16. RevantheJediMaster

Jun 12, 2005
    Yes I hope we do too. It will give us an idea of what it is going to look like.

17. Dark_Jedi_Kenobi

Dark_Jedi_Kenobi Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 3, 2004
    I'm sure that we will at some point. Hyperspace members will get them first but we'll find some somewhere down the road. They should be very interesting because we will be able to discuss plot from the images.

18. Barriss_Coffee

Barriss_Coffee Chosen One star 6

Jun 29, 2003
    So what are the chances of seeing Separatist leaders in this show?

I've got to admit, I have a fetish over Separatist leaders. If Lucas deems them worthy enough to make it to his new Clone Wars series, I will worship him forevermore.

Okay I already do that. But.... I'll bake him cookies then. Yeah, that's what I'll do. Everybody likes cookies. Lucas likes cookies. Cookies for Separatists. That'll bribe him, alrighty...

Uh....

So what are their chances, do you suppose, of getting into the TV series?

19. E107_Theta

E107_Theta Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 5, 2005
    Soriano does kind of have a point. While I enjoyed the Clone Wars cartoon, I'm disapointed that they're doing the same thing again. I'm not at all against the new Clone Wars, but I'm not very interested in seeing the Clone Wars again so soon. Watching the original Clone Wars, they leave us off at Episode III and the story feels complete. When something is done, adding more on to it just doesn't seem exciting.

I would rather see a cartoon about the early days of the Old Republic, like KOTOR, the early struggles between the Rebellion and the Empire starring Bail Organa and Mon Mothma in between Episodes III and IV, the struggle of the Jedi trying to survive the purge in between III and IV, the exploits of young Han Solo or Boba Fett, or even revisit the Original Trilogy (we haven't seen Luke and the crew on TV for a good 20 years, it would be very cool to see Luke, Han and Leia again, even if they're animated).

I just find it to be a massive dissapointment that while there are so many different directions for a new cartoon to go, they pick the same one twice. While there are certainly plenty of untold stories in the Clone Wars, there are even more elsewhere. What's so disapointing is that there is so much unexplored teritory - and Lucasfilm chooses not to explore it.

On a different note, since this is a Clone Wars series, I would imagine the chances of seeing Seperatist leaders is extremely high =p

20. TheWookiee

TheWookiee Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 8, 2005
    Well, at least the live-action series will go into a new, rather unexplored territory!

21. RevantheJediMaster

Jun 12, 2005
    It would be nice to see some Separatist leaders and some of there commanders maybe the human ones if there is any because I don't think everybody in the separatist movement was bad they just did not like the way the Republic was functioning and wanted to seperate.

22. Troopsguy

Troopsguy Writer (TCW): Bombad Jedi -TROOPS, Tag & Bink star 1 VIP

Mar 19, 1999
    I think it's gonna be really cool.

23. Dark_Jedi_Kenobi

Dark_Jedi_Kenobi Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 3, 2004

24. Ive_Got_Two_Legs

Jul 18, 2005
    In several of the comics, books, and games, there are human Separatists. However, a point is made in the ROTS novel that the Sith tried to concentrate aliens into the CIS, so they could eliminate potential threats and curry favor with the important, human-dominated Core Worlds.

25. Troopsguy

Troopsguy Writer (TCW): Bombad Jedi -TROOPS, Tag & Bink star 1 VIP

Mar 19, 1999
    I hope they bring back Lumpy!:D