main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Official "The Clone Wars" Series Discussion Thread (Spoilers Allowed)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by RevantheJediMaster, Jul 15, 2005.

Tags:
  1. Deputy Rick Grimes

Deputy Rick Grimes Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 3, 2012
    No love for this thread anymore :p

2. Seerow

Seerow Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2011
    We need a topic to give it love. I'm out of ideas. x.x;

3. AkashKedavra_93

AkashKedavra_93 Moderator Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 8, 2011
    Ahsoka/Ventress/Temple Attack theories.

4. Narutakikun

Narutakikun Jedi Knight star 4

Nov 8, 2012
    What's with the lack of Anakin this season? And frankly, a lot of last season, too?

One of my problems with the prequels is that I felt they handled Anakin's slow, steady fall to the dark side in a fairly clunky manner. The #1 thing I want the Clone Wars series to do is to fill that in more, and show Anakin's slow fall to anger, jealousy, and attachment.

When this series has done that, such as in Brain Invaders and Crisis On Naboo, they've done it really well. But they need to do that more instead of wasting time on Jedi Babies and comedy droid arcs.

5. Deputy Rick Grimes

Sep 3, 2012
    Well Anakin does have an Arc, more than likely after the Droid Arc, and Filoni also said that Anakin will have a big role in the Season Finale, and yea i totally agree, they need keep showing his fall and his distrust to the Jedi Council, which they started with that in the Rako Hardeen Arc,

Waits for Dan Grievous to come and say that it is a great thing that Anakin isn't in episodes so far :p :p :p :p

6. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    Anakin had plenty of episodes in S4. He was a main player in 3 out of 5 of the main arcs. I'm pretty sure the upcoming Clovis arc will deal a lot with Anakin's issues regarding attachment.

7. Deputy Rick Grimes

Sep 3, 2012
    IMO, this show was created was to show the War, Anakin and Obi-Wan's friendship and Anakin good side and slowly on his way to the dark side

8. QuangoFett

QuangoFett Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 11, 2011
    Anakin drama has been very strongly hinted at, probably forthcoming after this droid arc finishes in January. There will be tempers lost and throats throttled with the Force aplenty, just going by the trailer.

[​IMG]

Seerow and Darth Vader like this.
  9. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    Anakin needed to get a rest sooner or later, just like Ahsoka got it last season. I'm glad we got a little break from him. It sounds like this season will be light on him this season save the Clovis arc and the Finale. I think this season will belong more to Obi-wan and I like that. We'll get back to Anakin in season 6 I'm sure.

10. Valairy Scot

Valairy Scot Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 16, 2005
    That's a sentiment I can get behind. :D Not necessarily THE dominant character in every episode before the flood of protests start coming in [face_talk_hand] yes, I wish to see more "other Jedi" etc., too, but I like it when Obi-Wan isn't sidelined to a minor line every now and then. I'd like to see him with Hondo (although we have seen a lot of Hondo this season), with Cody, with Yoda and/or Mace, with other Jedi and with Anakin as well. And I'd like a great "B" plot with clones or switch it to Obi-Wan is the "B" plot while some others get the "A" plot.

hlc88 likes this.
  11. Saga_Symphony

Saga_Symphony Force Ghost star 4

Oct 30, 2010
    I'd like Mace more involved in an episode, especially after watching him deal with WAC. I mean was his lightsaber in the repair shop or..?

12. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    I'll put it this way. If Obi-wan doesn't get the cover for the season 5 Blu-ray I am going to be pissed.

hlc88 and AkashKedavra_93 like this.
  13. Deputy Rick Grimes

Sep 3, 2012
    It'd be funny if Wac was on it [face_laugh]

14. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    I'd fully expect WAC to be on one of the discs actually. <.<;

15. Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan

Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    Ok... that would be..... interesting. What if it is Ahsoka since they are overusing her this season?!

16. Valairy Scot

Valairy Scot Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 16, 2005
  17. Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan

Sep 3, 2012
    I know right.

I raise my hands in the air for Obi-Wan!

18. rumblewagon

rumblewagon Force Ghost star 4

Sep 24, 2004
    "Overuse" and Ahsoka in the same sentence is actually a paradox - as in it is an impossibility. Besides, she's not likely to show up again until the season finale - unless she shows up to "console" Anakin after his fight with Padme in the Clovis arc.

19. Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan

Sep 3, 2012
    It is not a paradox when 3 out of 6 arcs from the season focus on her or feature her a lot. That is called overuse and a character that overstays his or her welcome.

The same happened with Anakin in S4.

OVERUSE!!! [face_dancing]

20. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    I like the focus season 5 is trying to give to OCs. I think the season is going a great job with character distribution. Even this Droid arc which is a lame filter breaker is mostly OCs. The problems with Onderon and this one are elsewhere.

21. KenobiSkywalker

KenobiSkywalker Jedi Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    I like that they are using OC's. Any time they can build up a character with an unknown fate to a point that we're [somewhat] attached to them and put them in a dangerous situation, it makes the show more dramatic and interesting. (For me at least. :p) Me gusta.

22. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    Exactly, TCW can develop OCs and make afraid for the unlike with how the movie characters and Ahsoka will be alright. Its what I've been sayin like a broken record for a long time. The next step is to come up with some OCs who aren't simple. Saw and Steela, I'm looking at you guys.

QuangoFett and KenobiSkywalker like this.
  23. hlc88

hlc88 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    I'm sure she must play a role at least in the Clovis arc. Isn't there a battle on Scipio? There is a scene in the trailer of her and Anakin in starfighters... I'm guessing that might be in the Clovis arc?

24. Deputy Rick Grimes

Sep 3, 2012
    I'm not quite sure but isn't she featured in the part Embo is chasing them

25. Watto

Watto Force Ghost star 4

Dec 13, 1998
    One person's overuse is another person's heyday. To go along with what Seerow is saying, Ahsoka is more compelling since she is an original character and there is more at stake with her unknown future. Granted, they have to make good with that potential, and I think things will get interesting for her by the end of the season.

AkashKedavra_93 and Seerow like this.