main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

*Official Thread* - C-IV Social Thread -- May, 2007 just can't come soon enough!

Discussion in 'Star Wars Celebrations' started by ValedaKor, Sep 13, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Vru_Shattai

Vru_Shattai Jedi Youngling star 1

May 3, 2004
    For all four days that's not tooooo bad. *runs and robs the piggy bank*O:)

2. JediJustin

JediJustin Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 17, 2006
    Then you are in for one heck of a Star Wars feast at C4. Get ready for 5 days packed with SW glory. You and your son are going to have the time of your lives.

Just don't forget the digital camera, loads of batteries, and a huge memory card for all those priceless pics!!

3. Vru_Shattai

May 3, 2004
    :cool:
    Ok. Tricia..we've got to meet. My son is eight. Star Wars was introduced to him at about the age of one or two. Needless to say the house looks like a Star Wars store exploded.

Anyway, this is my first Celebration too. This one is special to me because I was there thirty years ago. Yep I'm an 'original' too. [face_dancing] Twelve years old, in line, at the Coronet Theater in San Francisco, waiting to see something called 'Star Wars.' Walked out of theater in awe like nearly everyone else.

Well, obviously, I'm still a huge fan and my son has gone from being Darth Maul in Kindergarten, to Anakin Skywalker two years in a row for First (Ep.II), and Second Grade (Ep.III), and now Obi-Wan Kenobi for Halloween in Third Grade this year.

Erm, break out the tailgate party! Tee hee, that was fun.

=D=

4. jedifan77

jedifan77 Jedi Master star 5

Mar 19, 2006
    You two are very lucky. Being an original fan myself (I was 13 when my own addiction hit), I raised my youngling on all things SW. At 7 years old he stood in line with me for the midnight showing of EPI. We took a group of his friends with us for the midnight opening of EPII. We even celebrated his 14th birthday while in line for the midnight opening of EP III. Good times, good times!

Alas, the addiction never fully attached itself to him. My padawan, now 15, enjoys SW, knows more about it than most kids his age, even saber duals with me from time to time, but has moved on to other things. He's definitely a fan, just not a fanatic. Dare I say it? whispering... He's not coming to C-IV with me because he doesn't want to.:_| Oh the shame of it!!!

The bright side to him staying home is that there will be more $$$ to spend on my own addiction!!! Oh well, you can't have everything!

5. Lufta Shif

Lufta Shif Jedi Master star 2

May 31, 2000
    What do you mean only six celebrations? :_| Really? :confused: Where did you hear that? [face_worried]

Lufta

6. Vru_Shattai

May 3, 2004
    :_| And just when I was looking forward to the 50th Anniversary of Star Wars. I'll be in my 60's but why not?
    [:D]

7. Sanctimoniously

Sanctimoniously Jedi Master star 5

Dec 28, 2005
    I'll be about thirty-six...

8. JediJustin

Aug 17, 2006
    Well, six films in the Saga = six Celebrations. The rumor going around is that the LACC will host C4 thru C6 in the coming years.

Will LFL and/or Gen Con have any other Star Wars events in the future? I sure hope so. Lots of other anniversaries coming up too obviously. But as far as Celebrations go, I think six is all we are going to get. I sure hope I am wrong though...

9. triciavenice

triciavenice Jedi Youngling

Aug 18, 2006
    Wow that would be so cool to meet,my son is 15 and let me tell you, I am so lucky to have him enjoy our obssession together.......

I remember at ROTS I was crying at the end, now my other kids would have laughed..... he grabbed my hand, smiled at me and went back to watching the movie...... Its something we share the love of star wars..... we've only had one Marathon of watching all six together, and now that we're planning our trip, he's like Mom we HAVE to have another marathon...... plus he stayed home from school the day after the marathon, we started at 4pm went into the late night, early morning.... then I let him sleep in and miss school......

we're in Venice, Fl.... email me triciaven@comcast.net later then I can tell you when I get our plane tickets, etc., I'm waiting on a bonus from work to buy them.

10. triciavenice

triciavenice Jedi Youngling

Aug 18, 2006
    awe, well even if he's not as "addicted" as you, that's something you two will always have together......

Talking about first time, I was 12 went to see it with my mum and dad late summer, it had rained it was muggy in NYC.... I shocked my mom the other day when I told her I remembered everything so well even the name of the theather RKO and what we did afterward.....

Try to convince him to go, imagine if all us "oldies" met with our kids? For some of it anyways, would be quite an experience...... then the kids would at least have somebody to talk to etc., for a little, not just their old mom's or dad's.... lol

11. jedifan77

jedifan77 Jedi Master star 5

Mar 19, 2006
    I insisted that he attend the John Williams concert at the Hollywood Bowl at the beginning of the month. He enjoyed it. Since I only live 90 miles from LA, I'll probably have him come one day. We'll probably both have more fun if he stays home. He'll be 16 then. We'll see what happens as the time gets closer.

12. Vru_Shattai

May 3, 2004
    :_| Wow Tricia. I did the samething. Couldn't believe that that was it. How could it be over? Even with the TV series to me it won't be the same. My son asked me why I was crying..later I told him why. Wow, what geeks we must be huh? [:D]

Anyway, back to the online C4 tailgate party!

13. NEMES1S

NEMES1S Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 23, 2005
    I read something interesting in the newest issue of SW magazine.

1. That the convention will host celebrity appearances from all 6 SW movies. (Yippee)

2. That the first day of the convention will only be open to Hyperforce members. ( I guess I'll be joining Hyperforce)

3. There will be an 24 hour SW shop there during the convention. (Hmmm... so that means the convention center will be open too...)

Any comments?

14. Vru_Shattai

May 3, 2004
    :) I'm happy with the thought of alot of celebs but, I do hope that they don't schedule them for too early in the mornings. Especially on that Saturday morning. I have to have two & a half hours of dialysis before the convention that day. Luckilly, the dialysis centers in L.A. are not far from the Convention Center.[face_dancing]

Ok. *paces* Now where is our News? [:D]

15. JediJustin

Aug 17, 2006
    Point #2 is true, but not "really" true. Yes, the first day will be open to Hyperspace members only. But each Hyperspace member can also bring along four other "non-Hyperspace" members by using the four Friends & Family passes that each Hyperspace member gets when they purchase their admission badges. It is the same thing that happened at C3 - the supposedly "exclusive" Hyperspace fan member line was actually LONGER than the regular line because of all the people who were brought along using the green passes.

This really upsets me. Make opening day EXCLUSIVE to Hyperspace members ONLY. Don't allow them to bring those four additional people by using the green Friends & Family passes. There is nothing "exclusive" about doing it that way if you ask me. If you want to get in on the first day, then get your own Hyperspace membership. It only costs $40 per year, so cost is not an issue.

Exclusive MEANS exclusive...

16. Sanctimoniously

Sanctimoniously Jedi Master star 5

Dec 28, 2005
    Hmm...Point #2 probably won't affect me by much...as school comes to a close the day before, and then I've got that thirty-one hour drive.

17. Grumpy_Jedi

Grumpy_Jedi Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 2, 2006
    Dude,dude,dude... I get what you mean, but say some guy who's a member brings his wife and two kids. What's he supposed to do, banish them to the hotel for the day while he goes spending the mortgage money on a vinyl caped Jawa? Seriously. A lot of people travel great distances with family and friends. They HAVE to let those people in. I think in the end it makes "precious little difference" since there are so many fan club members anyway.

-GJ

18. NEMES1S

NEMES1S Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 23, 2005
    JediJustin & Grumpy_Jedi:

Yeah, Im sorta torn between your comments. My friend that attended C3 also mentioned to me about the lines, but what can you do... I would suggest to the C4 organizers to maybe just limit the passes - 4 maybe a little too much. We'll just have to wait and see.:rolleyes:

BTW, when should we expect the actual sale of C4 tickets to start happening? This'll be my first one.

Thanks again guys.

19. Grumpy_Jedi

Jun 2, 2006
    Very soon I'd think. We knew more last time by now... by mid October I'd imagine.

-GJ

20. pwinklespi

pwinklespi Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 30, 2004
    Well, I'm getting my wife in on a friends and family pass. There is no way I am paying an additional $40.00 for another hyperspace membership. Besides the "exclusive day" at the convention, you get nothing. When the webcam on the set of Episode III was there, it was cool. Since then, it stinks.

Friends and family is fine. I'm sure all of your parents or auntsand uncles or grand parents took you somewhere when you were all little.

21. Vru_Shattai

May 3, 2004
    I'm planning on getting my mother and my son in on that pass.

22. PatttyB0123

PatttyB0123 Former RSA star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 2, 2003
    hyperspace membership wait..... [face_thinking] Do I have to pay a hyperspace pass for my son? [face_frustrated] He will be only 11 years old by 2007.

What is the policy with minors? I am member of hyperspace, but not my son.

23. Grumpy_Jedi

Jun 2, 2006
    While nothing is confirmed, I'd bet Pwinklespis's house that you will receive a couple family and friends passes with your membership. They aren't going to exclude your son or make him buy a membership. The notion of a exclusive day is nice, but there are so many members, it's going to be packed anyway.

-GJ

24. JediJustin

Aug 17, 2006
    I can see your point, GJ, but then where does the "exclusive" treatment come into play? I have never heard of any other fanclub do this before (allow non-members into a supposedly exclusive event). We pay the extra money each year for our Hyperspace memberships - we should be entitled to some form of exclusivity, right?

I liken the Hyperapce membership to a backstage pass at a concert or VIP seating at a broadway show. Are you allowed to bring people backstage with you if they do not have their own backstage credentials? Or can a person sit next to you in a VIP seating section without their own VIP pass? The idea of "family & friends" does not apply in those such scenarios, and I don't feel they should be applied here either.

It's not like they are being bannded from C4. Members who are traveling with non-Hyperspace members will still attend the convention obviously - just not on the "exclusive" day assigned for Hyperspace membners ONLY.

Point is, we were promised "jealousy inducing" (that was their exact term used) exclusive treatment for C3 by LFL, and it NEVER happened. Not one thing was exclusive for Hyperspace members only.

I understand the family aspect and the travel aspect too. But just because they travel with you does not automatically entitle them to the "exclusive" content that normal paying Hyperspace members can. And at only $40 per year, the cost issue cannot be argued either. Sorry, but that's just how I feel about it.

If letting us in a day early before the rest of the general public is all LFL can provide for us, then I feel we should be able to take full advantage of it.

25. Vru_Shattai

May 3, 2004
    [face_dancing] I'll just be happy to be there. Would love to volunteer too. How was that done again? Anyway, my eight-year-old son really hopes that Hayden will be there. My son says that he really doesn't want an autograph, he just wants the opportunity to sit and talk to Hayden.[face_praying] O:) [:D] =D=

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.