main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

*Official Thread* - Official Announcements - Updated 5/18 - Blood Drive

Discussion in 'Star Wars Celebrations' started by ValedaKor, Sep 16, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JediJustin

JediJustin Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 17, 2006
    The exclusive figure has not been announced yet. Stay tuned...

2. pwinklespi

pwinklespi Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 30, 2004
    Soon, very soon.

3. e-j

e-j Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 7, 2006
    Six-Movie Star Wars Marathon at Celebration IV

Link

4. JediJustin

Aug 17, 2006
    My wife and I are SOOOOOO there! All 6 films in a row? What a way to kick off the CIV weekend!!!

5. D-Ludicrous

D-Ludicrous Jedi Master star 2

Oct 26, 2006
    What I want to know is.. is this the only time we are going to be able to see the movies at the Con? They will not show these during the con? I liked the way they had it at CIII where they showed 2 movies a night. It was a nice way to cap off the day.

6. DarkPrince

DarkPrince Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 10, 2005
    That's awesome. I just read the announcement at sw.com. I am really pondering if I can change my dates of arrival to be able to make it to this event. How often do you get to watch all six movies with a bunch of star wars fans like yourself all around you? Not often indeed.

7. Captain_Typho

Captain_Typho Jedi Master star 5

Jul 30, 2003
    man this blows.....still no word from gen con on my press passes and now I HAVE TO BUY BADGES today if I want to go to this event. [face_plain]

8. JediJustin

Aug 17, 2006
    Just reserved my two Movie Marathon passes for my wife and I, and received my e-mail confirmation. [face_dancing]

9. ValedaKor

ValedaKor Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 25, 2000
    Got mine, too :).

10. MarsSky

MarsSky Jedi Youngling

Apr 25, 2005
    Sheesh! I don't understand why they can't hold this marathon DURING the convention! A lot of us are coming from out of state! It was hard enough for me to get away from work to be in California from Thursday through Monday, so I definitely can't attend the movie marathon. If they don't screen the movies during the con itself, it'll be a huge disappointment. :(

11. JediJustin

Aug 17, 2006
    Val, I'll bring the popcorn. You bring the Goobers and Snowcaps. [face_laugh]

12. CarolynNC

CarolynNC Jedi Master star 3

Mar 29, 2002
    I bet they'll screen the movies like they did at C2 & C3. In their defense, the original announcement said
    Lucasfilm is also working on other Star Wars-related events in the Los Angeles area just prior to Celebration IV, "so we're expecting Southern California to become 'Destination: Star Wars' from the weekend before through Memorial Day weekend," Sansweet said.
    I built in time prior to the start 'just in case'. I know everyone can't do that so there are bound to be some disappointed fans.

edit: I forgot, [face_blush]I got mine!

13. D-Ludicrous

D-Ludicrous Jedi Master star 2

Oct 26, 2006
    I got my tickets now too. I wonder how they are going to do the seating also. Do you pick your seat then keep it for the length of the marathon or are they going to clear out the room and then you have to find another seat for the next movie, like they did for CIII. I hope they would have a ?reserved? seating system. I hope they are comfortable too.

14. echosevin

echosevin Jedi Master star 4

Mar 7, 2005
    As much fun as this would be, it sucks that the announcement came this late. Many of us (out of state, as well as from out of country) booked our hotels and flights pretty much as soon as C4 was announced (and when the rooms became available). It's too expensive to change it all now - not to mention difficult.

Wonder if you reserve tickets, if you can come late (since our flight doesn't arrive until the afternoon)?????

15. mikadojedi

mikadojedi Jedi Master star 4

Sep 25, 2003
    I actually hope, for you who are going, that they do not show the movies like they did at C-2. Episode 4 was shown in Pan and Scan. And all 4 were off Home Video copies. I hope they at least send Digital prints from LucasFilm or Fox itself. That was retarded to have to watch home videos on an ill-formatted square screen. When they could have easily sent prints for use on the digital projector they had at C-2.

16. TK--421

TK--421 Jedi Grand Master star 2

Jun 30, 2002
    With technology the way it is today, they are probably just going to use the 6 DVDs and a projector.

17. Captain_Typho

Captain_Typho Jedi Master star 5

Jul 30, 2003
    From what I remember at C3, they used the digital projector Rick McCallum was using to show the Episode 3 footage on, which means the quality was brilliant.

18. mikadojedi

mikadojedi Jedi Master star 4

Sep 25, 2003
    Glad they improved it! DVD's are not a bad idea either. I would love to go. I pray that GOD works a miracle for me. If it is HIS will for me to go that is.

19. niennumb1

niennumb1 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 10, 2001
    Ok I'm sorry... But I got to rant here.... It would have been nice to know they were going to have a movie marathon a day before so that people who have been planning for this so far in advance could have booked plane tickets EARLIER! I would have loved to watch a few of these movies back on the big screen again! That's lame. Great for those already in Cali, but come on! They should have announced that a lot earlier... Grrr....

20. echosevin

echosevin Jedi Master star 4

Mar 7, 2005
    Well, I booked mine so hopefully they'll still let us in, even if we're late. I agree with you, niennumb1 - earlier notice would've been much appreciated.........

21. pwinklespi

pwinklespi Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 30, 2004
    I just don't have any desire to sit down with a few thousand other people and watch 17 hours of Star Wars. The just doesn't appeal to me. I'm sure it's fun. Just not my bag.

22. JediJustin

Aug 17, 2006
    I'm not sure if we should keep posting comments about the 6 movie marathon here in the "Official Announcements" thread. So I'm gonna comment about it in the "Social Thread".

23. ValedaKor

ValedaKor Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 25, 2000
    You're right, Justin, this will start to get clustered and some of the announcements may be missed. Comments should be taken to the Social Thread.

In other news, here is Tsuneo Sanda's link to his official Celebration IV and Celebration Europe prints:

Sanda

24. Moff_D

Moff_D Jedi Master star 5

Aug 3, 2002
    Wow. Sanda does great work. His C3 print was amazing as well. Pricey, but amazing ;)

25. DarkPrince

DarkPrince Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 10, 2005
    Yea, I just realized that I'm not going to be able to go to this either. I too would've loved to see and hear SW on the big screen again. But, alas with everything already done I'm only coming in thursday to monday. :(

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.