main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

*OFFICIAL THREAD* RotS Soundtrack Discussion

Discussion in 'Archive: Revenge of the Sith' started by Pooja, Aug 2, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. darth-sinister

darth-sinister Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 28, 2001

And thank you for that list. :)

2. HL&S

HL&S Magistrate Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 30, 2001
    Is the track entitled "Grievous and the Droids" played during the opening space battle? If so then that list is good. If not, then it should come after the track just entitled "General Grievous" because it plays when he hops into the Wheel Bike.

3. Pooja

Pooja Jedi Knight star 6

May 25, 2002
    It's played during the first encounter with Grievous right before he escapes.

4. El Kabong

El Kabong Jedi Grand Master star 3

Sep 28, 1999
    Cool - thanks for the track listing.

Other question of the day: Has there been any word yet about a 2 disc set? There must have been more than 74 min of music in the film. (for that matter, where is the Clones 2 disc set?)

5. BlackRook

BlackRook Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 18, 2005
    We hear track 7 just before Grievous breaks the window.

Track 5 is played when Obi-Wan takes Boga and sneaks around the Separatist ship. Once Obi-Wan and Grievous start fighting, we hear a version of Grievous's theme that's not on the album, then we hear part of track 13 (without vocals), and then we go back to track 7.

Track 5 comes back when Obi-Wan jumps onto the wheelbike halfway through the chase, and stays all the way through Grievous's death.

I remember someone asking about the last portion of track 13 (which features a bit of Across the Stars). I caught it playing as Padme gets in her ship and Obi-Wan stows away. The track's ending carries to Palpatine's office, where Anakin reports back to him.

While I'm here... most interesting points!

-The sudden war march from track 1 (right after the main theme) is played when the Clones arrive on Utapau.

-The tense music just before the funeral choir in track 14 plays when Vader's mask is being lowered.

-The loud, marching version of Grievous's theme from track 1 is his entrance. It continues for a bit on the album, but in the movie, the repitition of the theme is cut, probably because it would seem weird to have this intimidate music right as he's coughing his lungs out and walking like a chicken.

-Track 2 seems to play uninterrupted in the movie- the balcony/brush scene, then the dream, then Anakin discussing it with Padme, then talking to Yoda, then running to the briefing.

-Track 6 starts at the opera house (though some of the music from that scene doesn't seem to be on the album anywhere). The ending fanfare is played when Obi-Wan docks with the Tantive IV, though they seemed to have lowered the pitch in the movie.

-Track 11 is mostly Mustafar, and it seems like the track plays almost uninterrupted in the movie. I can't remember hearing the beginning of the track in the movie. That marching music is used when we first see Mustafar, and then again when Anakin lands. The rest of the track is Anakin meeting the Separatists- the Imperial March plays when the doors close, followed by Yoda and Obi-Wan storming the temple, then Sidious's theme as Bail arrives at the senate.

-Track 10 comes right after track 11 in the movie, and it also seems to go uninterrupted. Starts with Yoda and Obi-Wan looking at dead Jedi, then goes right into the Separatist slaughter and the Empire declaration. The march along with the choir is right about when Palpatine declares the Empire and Nute Gunray makes his plea. It ends with Anakin standing on Mustafar while we see the result of the massacre.

-Track 15 is mostly intact in the movie. There's a little bit of added music in the movie between the opening and Leia's theme to go with the Tantive IV landing. I guess Lucas needed to make sure nobody thought it crashed off-screen or something. The movie omits the Medal Ceremony music (probably for time) and it looks like they just took part of the credit music from ROTJ, so it goes from Luke's theme to Leia's theme to Battle of the Heroes to Luke's theme again, then ending fanfare to the tune of the ceremony music (much like it is on the album).

-The arena music from the AOTC soundtrack appears twice in the movie- once when we first see Kashyyyk, and again when Anakin raids the temple (this second time sounds out of place and weird to me).

6. Richard-Drahcir

Richard-Drahcir Jedi Master star 3

Feb 18, 2004
    The best music is in track 4 because of what it represents. All the Jedi dying is an absolutely horrible scene but the music is so beautiful I can't stop listening to it.

7. darth-sinister

Jun 28, 2001
    Also, it serves as part of the music that leads into the duels.

I like how in Anakin Vs Obi-wan, John Williams chooses to reprise "Clash Of The Lightsabers" from TESB.

8. AnakinGirl05

AnakinGirl05 Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 1, 2005
    Does anyone else think that this is the best SW music yet? Don't get me wrong I love all of the movies music, but everything about this one is so moving. I love the last track it is so fitting for the last move in the series, very "sweeping" if you will, very mood inducing, to hear things like the throne room a bit slower and grander. And track 4 really is a beatiful piece,even more so when you think of the movie with it. I so wiah that they would release another one and also that it was in chronological order. I even have my 3 year old son lving the music, we get in the car and he says mama can we hear star wars music?

9. darth-sinister

Jun 28, 2001
    Not sure if this was discussed, but I know where the chorus lyrics from "Duel Of The Fates" comes from. But what about "Grievous Speaks To Sidious"?

10. Sithlord_kev

Sithlord_kev Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 20, 2005
    Was "Duel of the Fates" featured in the Yoda vs Sidious duel?

11. Force-Keeper

Force-Keeper Jedi Master star 5

Jun 16, 2004
    Sithlord_kev posted:
    Was "Duel of the Fates" featured in the Yoda vs Sidious duel? [hr][/blockquote]
    Yes, briefly. It starts out in the Vader/Obi-Wan fight and continues right into the Yoda/Sidious fight. I loved hearing it.

12. Richard-Drahcir

Richard-Drahcir Jedi Master star 3

Feb 18, 2004
    Yes this is the best music in Star Wars

13. Aatiyki

Aatiyki Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 23, 2002
    I just got the soundtrack yesterday.

Its awesome but...NO IMPERIAL MARCH??? ***!

I heard it in the movie but its not in any of the songs unless I'm zoning out (which is quite possible, I tend to get lost in the music because I'm touchy-feely like that).

So yeah, if it really isn't in there, what gives?

Otherwise, I must agree this is the best writing of the series. Beautiful, emotional, everything you could ask for.

14. war_monger

war_monger Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 26, 2003
    It's there in "Enter Lord Vader" and "Anakin vs. Obi-Wan." It might show up in a couple of other tracks, too. It's featured a bit more in the movie itself.

15. KyleKatarn96

KyleKatarn96 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 19, 2004
    Thank You Rolando. :) My question is if you can get music e.g. Battle of Heroes, without the vocals in it.

16. darth-sinister

Jun 28, 2001
    Imperial March is in ROTS soundtrack.

Track 6, "Palpatine's Teachings." It's heard midway through, just before the Force theme.

Track 9, "Anakin vs Obi-wan." It's heard about three times. Williams used "Clash Of The Lightsabers" as in the movie.

Track 11, "Enter Lord Vader." Just as in the movie when Anakin seals all the doors, when the Separatist slaughter begins. It's right before the music shifts back to the Temple and we hear the Force theme as the track ends.

17. HL&S

HL&S Magistrate Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 30, 2001
    My track favorites are changing again.

15. Star Wars and the Revenge of the Sith.
    14. Anakin's Dream.
    13. The Birth of the Twins and Padme's Destiny.
    12. Grievous and the Droids.
    11. Anakin VS Obi-Wan.
    10. Grievous Speaks To Lord Sidious.
    09. Palpatine's Teachings.
    08. General Grievous.
    07. Enter Lord Vader.
    06. A New Hope and End Credits.
    05. The Immolation Scene.
    04. Anakin's Betrayel.
    03. Padme's Ruminations.
    02. Anakin's Dark Deeds.
    01. Battle of the Heroes.

18. kri

kri Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 1, 2004
    my favorite tracks are
    1.Star Wars and The Revenge of the Sith
    3. Battle of the Heros(Most favorite)
    4. Anakin's Betrayal
    6. Palpatines teachings
    9. Anakin vs. Obi-Wan
    10. Anakins dark deeds
    14. The birth of the twins and Padme's Destiny
    15. A new hope and end credits
    i wanted to post this as a topic but people were talking about it here.

19. AndrewMarr

AndrewMarr Jedi Youngling

Jun 17, 2005
    My favourites:

1. Anakin's Betrayal
    2. Battle of the Heroes
    3. Anakin's Dark Deeds
    4. Anakin vs Obi-Wan
    5. A New Hope / End Credits
    6. Anakin's Dream
    7. Birth of the Twins / Padme's Destiny
    8. Enter Lord Vader
    9. Star Wars / The Revenge of the Sith
    10. Grievous Speaks to Lord Sidious
    11. The Immolation Scene
    12. Padme's Ruminations
    13. Palpatine's Teachings
    14. Grievous and the Droids
    15. General Grievous

20. Issolde

Issolde Jedi Youngling star 1

May 21, 2005
    This is hard to decide. My favorites keep changing too.

Here's the tracks listed from my favorite to least favorite(since I love them all!):

1. Battle of the Heroes
    2. Anakin's Betrayal
    3. The Immolation Scene
    4. Padme's Ruminations
    5. Anakin's Dark Deeds
    6. Anakin vs Obi-Wan
    7. Grievous Speaks to Lord Sidious
    8. A New Hope / End Credits
    9. Anakin's Dream
    10. Birth of the Twins / Padme's Destiny
    11. Enter Lord Vader
    12. Star Wars / The Revenge of the Sith
    13. Palpatine's Teachings
    14. Grievous and the Droids
    15. General Grievous

21. obianikdart

obianikdart Jedi Master star 4

Dec 2, 2002
    I think one piece of music in the whole movie I felt worked really well with the scene

the scene im talking about is in the end when you see vader walking towards sidious and tarkin
    and the camera moves in where they are all standing , its freaking awesome
    it has the 60's era violins in it

I was wondering is this piece on the ROTS soundtrack
    i cant remmember if i heard it or not

22. ObiWan506

ObiWan506 Former Head Admin star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 5, 2003
    I think so. I think it's towards the end of the Birth of the Twins Track. I could be wrong, though I remember hearing it somewhere.

23. war_monger

war_monger Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 26, 2003
    Sort of. Padmé's funeral music is on the soundtrack, but the underlying Imperial March heard in that scene isn't there.

24. darth-sinister

Jun 28, 2001
    We hear a reprisal of Padme's Destiny, which then tracks on the small bit of the Imperial March after the Force theme. Then it goes into the finale, part of which isn't heard. Where we see the Tantive coming for a landing and Bail approaching Breha. The music on the soundtrack picks up with Leia being handed over, before skipping over a small bit of music that leads into Ben handing over Luke.

25. Tyrantus

Tyrantus Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 10, 2004
    My favorite songs from the soundtrack are:

1. Star Wars and the Revenge of the Sith
    3. Battle of the Heroes
    4. Anakin's Betrayal
    9. Anakin vs. Obi-Wan
    10. Anakin's Dark Deeds
    11. Enter Lord Vader
    12. The Immolation Scene

In particular, I really liked Battle of the Heroes and Anakin's Betrayal. Both served their tones well for the scenes they played in.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.