main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

**Official Trailer D Discussion Thread**

Discussion in 'Archive: Attack of the Clones' started by Mar17swgirl, Mar 10, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JULES_WINFIELD

JULES_WINFIELD Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 4, 2001
    The ewoks defeating the Empire does have a point methink, I won't get into it here. Isn't the proper place to discuss OT.

2. Darth_Gster

Darth_Gster Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 16, 2001
    i loved palpatines tone. he sounds regetably-sarcastic

you know "i'm afraid that the weapon systems on this death sta will be quiet operational........

sounds like the transformation is starting at a alarming rate!

3. Darth_Gster

Darth_Gster Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 16, 2001
    i hate flying!----obi-wan should try podracing!

4. Sith

Sith Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 8, 1998
    I love it how any forumer here who posts something other than gush for the trailer gets told to leave. That's just charming... :mad:

5. Darth_Potter

Darth_Potter Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 2, 2001
    Hey, i don't know if anyone asked this already because i didn't go through 70 pages of reading, but does anybody have the large version of the trailer that i can see?

6. Rotweiler24

Rotweiler24 Jedi Youngling

Mar 11, 2002
    Palpatine's chair is looking aweful familiar...

7. Ree Yees

Ree Yees Jedi Youngling star 5

Apr 6, 2000
    Can people please please please please please please please please please please please please please

STOP TELLING OTHERS WHAT MAKES A STAR WARS FAN???????????????????????????????????????

I think TPM is crap. I think AOTC looks better. I love ANH. I worship ESB. I despise ROTJ. I am a Star Wars fan.

And not a DIE-HARD fan!

;)

8. DarthSapient

DarthSapient Jedi Youngling star 10

Jun 26, 2001
    I'll say it every day if I have to. No one's opinions, positive or negative, affect my view of Star Wars nor my enjoyment of the film.

9. Darth_Racer

Darth_Racer Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 9, 2002
    <<I'll say it every day if I have to. No one's opinions, positive or negative, affect my view of Star Wars nor my enjoyment of the film.>>

Ditto, DarthSapient !

10. Darth_Racer

Jan 9, 2002
    <<I think TPM is crap. I think AOTC looks better. I love ANH. I worship ESB. I despise ROTJ. I am a Star Wars fan.>>

I think TPM was very good, I think AOTC will be the best one yet, I loved ANH, I loved TESB, I loved ROTJ. I am a Star Wars FAN.

11. ecmbobafetts

ecmbobafetts Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 21, 2002
    I have the large trailer

PM for me to send it to u

12. Derninger

Derninger Jedi Youngling

Aug 13, 2001
    "Looks like a computergame,there seems to be nothing left of the original SW feeling! "

Hmmm ... let's see ...

- the trench run in ANH looked like a computer game
    - the asteroid chase in ESB looked like a computer game
    - the bike chase in ROTJ looked like a computer game
    - the pod race in TPM looked like a computer game
    - the final battle in AOTC looks like a computer game

... that's why "I" love STAR WARS. :D

After watching the trailer, i immediatly asked myself how the Battle of Hoth look alike if GL have to do part V of SW in 6 years ?!

13. Darth_Racer

Jan 9, 2002
    derninger, you are correct, sir !

14. antilles72

antilles72 Jedi Youngling

Jan 22, 2002
    <<.I'll say it every day if I have to. No one's opinions, positive or negative, affect my view of Star Wars nor my enjoyment of the film.>>

Could not have said it better, DS. I love the whole Star Wars experience. To me the movies are elite escapism. I will not not compare this movie to the others in the series until May 16th, but from what I have seen, I know I will not be dissapointed.

For those of you who have already bashed the movie, it's too early. When the OT came out, I remember just going to the movies and immersing myself in Mr. Lucas' vision for a coupe of hours. I did no go in thinking that He should do this or that. That just leads to dissapointment. I was 27 when TPM came out. I waited in line for a couple of hours, went into to the theater and had a great time. I was a kid again.

At age 30, I will do the same for AOTC. Of course I have checked out every spy report and spoiler, but that will not effect the movie for me. Nor will those who are bashing the movie or FX already.

15. Jaeden2k

Jaeden2k Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 11, 2002
    You'd figure that with another 24 hours of viewing the trailer, the skeptics would come to grips with their, "Apparant lack of faith!", which I find disturbing.

Leave the CG debate alone! I mean, we live in a world where we have the technolgy to create a world that doesn't exist. The Jango/Obi-wan dog-fight looked amazing, and I'm sure that they were on location in Saturns Rings...ya think!? I just can't wait to see whose cameo will be talked about more, Anthony, Amed, or Jar Jar?

Furthermore, I found an alien working in the same building. An individual, we'll call her K-pax, didn't Know that Episode I was released on DVD (or in theatres). Needless to say I slapped her silly!!!

16. topgoalscorer_no11

topgoalscorer_no11 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 23, 2001
    i think the trailer was pretty good. not as good as forbidden love or mystery, but that's just my opinion. what i really did like was geonosis- love that dark sandy colour. the interiors including the factory were dark, dirty- reminded me of the trash compactor in anh.

and i have to say, i'm yet to meet anyone who knows anything about this film who doesn't think it looks better than tpm, which i liked but didn't love. the characters seem better, the humour more OT style. more anger, more at stake. yup, i'm very hopeful having seen all 4 trailers.

17. jeneverdi

jeneverdi Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 8, 2002
    8 years old and we must have scammed our way to ANH that many times, and I still remember it was months before they added CHIV title. Then years of growing up and playing out the greatest story ever told, or so it seemed to us.
    Now 25 years later, and despite every spoiler, and cut of inside info, the Clone War trailer still managed to touch my soul, and despite the huge experiential smash life is - my belief in reality was suspended, and I was transported to another universe. Ta.

18. MaulsWoman

MaulsWoman Jedi Knight star 7

Oct 2, 2000
    I Agree with Darth Sapient. Everyone is working themselves into a frenzy and have been. So when the movie comes out and it is not what they've built it up in their minds to be.... they HATE it. Then they pan it. Trash it. :(

:(

Oh well. [face_plain]

19. Groovy_Ssi-Ruuvi

Groovy_Ssi-Ruuvi Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 29, 2001
    I have a question about the music in the spoiler--hopefully someone will take the time to read this and answer.

Obviously the trailer opens with the "Sail Barge Assault" music from RotJ, then shifts to "The Duel" from TESB. But there was one bit of music at the end that I didn't recognize from the other films. It's right after Yoda says, "In grave danger you are." and then it shows Anakin and Padme in the Droid factory. The music is very whimsical and up-beat, and I was wondering if this was from AotC, or one of the other movies and I didn't remember it?

20. Jaeden2k

Mar 11, 2002
    Maulswoman,

How many times have you seen each Episode? I can't even count each time I have? One thing I do know, TPM wasn't the greatest movie ever to hit the big screen, nor was it the worse.

Trailers are meant to titillate, not to decide whether or not a movie's going to be successful. A movies success is often based on $$$$'s, but I have never been able to consistantly emmerse myself into another world with the same intensity, viewing after viewing...Even TPM.

You want Hum-drum movies..Take in "Reality" flics like Pearl Harbour and/or Private Ryan. No other trailer in history has ever given me goosebumps, sweaty palms, and neck hairs to stand on end. I base a movies success on the ability to stand the test of time, like every other SW Episode previous to AOTC.

Can I have an AMEN!?!?

21. MrChubigans

MrChubigans Jedi Youngling

Mar 11, 2002
    Im just glad I wont have to wait a year and a half for the AOTC DVD like I did with TPM. There is another doc on it too! I hope its as good as the TPM one.

22. jeneverdi

jeneverdi Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 8, 2002
    about the music in the spoiler
    The music line up was posted in HM55 and elsewhere in TFN news,
    think the last scenes might include Duel of The Fates, anyone else?

23. Eeth-my-Koth

Eeth-my-Koth Jedi Grand Master star 9

May 25, 2001
    I've been kind of busy lately, so don't bash me if this was asked already. I am NOT going to read through all these posts.

Did anyone notice a variation in the Clonetooper viewplates? The colored troopers view plate does not go straight across. It has two seperate sides for each eye.

24. Jaeden2k

Mar 11, 2002
    Hey Eeth,

You might wanna check out the larger version and go frame by frame:

http://starwars.apple.com/ep2/clone_war/media/gate/ep2_clone_war_p640.mov

The only variation is the colour:-S

25. Eeth-my-Koth

Eeth-my-Koth Jedi Grand Master star 9

May 25, 2001
    Thanks J.

You can see much clearer on the large version. That is definetly just a glare that tricks the eye. Strike my previous post from the record.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.