main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

OFH Update - 02/20/09

Discussion in 'FanForce Communications' started by Skiara , Feb 25, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Skiara

Skiara ~• RSA FFC •~ star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 5, 2002
    First I like to say sorry for the belated update. My excuse is my current work shedule which kept me busy almost the whole day long. :(

But now back to the main topic...

News from the OFH:

• Tulare County has asked if they can be renamed the San Joaquin Valley. OFH agreed.

• The fires of Australia made the OFH think about ways to help people in really heavy situations. So we are working on a general plan about fund-raising through FF. We'll keep you up to date (and if we miss, don't hesitate to ask us ;)).

News from around the world:

• Most of you have heard about the horrible fires in Australia. South Australian Fan Force raised just over $3,800.00 AU today for the bush fire victims by raffling off a 10 kilogram block of Cadbury chocolate.

Adalia was so nice to write a bit about the devastate effects:
      "Hmm, 12 fires still burning out of control, death toll currently at 181, but they have stopped updating it as they know it will crack 300 in the coming weeks. Army Reserve has been called in to 'sift through' the burnt homes in search of bodies. Two entire townships are gone. A 39 year old man has been arrested and charged with Arson causing death...suspect that one will be upgraded. South Australian Fan Force has two 10 kilogram blocks of Cadbury chocolate donated by two members and they raffled the off at two major shopping centres in Adelaide. Raising $3,840.00 and some change for the Victims of this tragedy. Its been a week since the death toll began, and more and more nightmare stories are emerging as those who have lost begin to bury their loved ones. Proud to be Australian right now, as a nation we have raised 100 million dollars for the Red Cross Relief Appeal...and all in a recession. ;) That's it in a nutshell at this point, although there are things afoot to get some more 'fund raising' ideas underway to involved the rest of TF.N if they wish to participate. ;)"

• In the FF-UK, the age old debate has once again reared its ugly head, and who better to answer it than the British.
      How should you make a cup of tea?
      We are also discussing the great British pasttime of queueing.

2. Darth Gangrenous

Darth Gangrenous Chosen One star 10

Jun 1, 2005
    Queueing? :confused: What in the name of Tatooine's twin suns is that?

3. halibut

halibut Ex-Mod star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 27, 2000
    I can't answer that at this time. Please take a ticket and wait in line.

4. Jada

Jada Jedi Master star 6

Apr 20, 2006
    [face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh]

Droll, very droll.

5. Jedi Gunny

Jedi Gunny Chosen One star 9

May 20, 2008
    Of course, it assumes that there are many ticket numbers ahead of the one you just received. :p

6. Darth Gangrenous

Darth Gangrenous Chosen One star 10

Jun 1, 2005
    Don't make me fillet you, fish boy. :p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.